April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Bronzer in Golden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't usually wear bronzers, but I thought I'd give this a go. I'm actually pleasantly suprised - this gives a lovey natural sunkissed look. I actually bought this because I was told by the Lady at the MAC counter told me it was a little more sheer than some of MAC's other bronzers such as the Refined Golden Bronzer and I figured this would be perfect seen as though alot of bronzers tend to make my face look dirty. I love how I can apply this all over my face without going orange or looking like my face is dirty. I mainly use this for contouring - especially my nose and jaw, but I sometimes apply a little before putting on my blush to define my cheeks a little.

If you prefer a naturally bronzed look, I don't think you can go wrong with this. I'm currently an NW15 and this looks great on me and I've gotten alot of compliments. I think this is more for people with fair skin as I've tried this one my friends with darker skintones and no matter how we applied it and how heavily or lightly we applied it, it it either didn't show up at all or left them looking orange. This is a nice golden brown colour, but do beware, if you apply it too heavily, you WILL go slightly orange.

I love the packaging for this - it's great to just carry arround in your bag and can just be brought out anywear. The product itself is also great because I've found some bronzers that smell absolutely vile, and this doesn't actually smell of anything to me at all. Staying power is also great - I've gone, if I remember correctly, about eighteen hours without having to re-apply. It actually blends beautifully too and feels like nothing on the skin unlike some bronzers with make me feel like I'm caked in makeup.

I would buy this again because I think it's a great product for contouring and it's not expensive at all either which is great! I probably wouldn't use this in place of my blush because I'm just not all that into bronzers, but I think this would definitely suit alot of fair skinned people as a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally!!! A powder bronzer that is not too dark for my PPP skin and doesn't make me look orange. This is my go-to bronzing powder. LOVE IT.

This pale golden shade is very easy to control and layer. A great purchase! And after 4 years - a re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Claudineaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have bought this atleast 10 times. Its the most natural looking bronzer on my NW15-NW20 skin and ive tried tons. Not muddy or orange the finish is not as glittery as my previous one yay but its not completely matte so it doesnt leave me dull looking its just perfect. Yes will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the very first bronzer I ever tried and I love it! I use it almost everyday & it is the only blush/bronzer that I have ever hit pan on. It is a light bronzer with a teeny tiny bit of shimmer that I like. For reference I am nc35 & this does show up on my olive skin tone, not sure why it hasn't shown on other reviewers. I like that it does double duty, it gives a nice healthy bronzy glow & it doesn't look orangy. I am not into contouring, because I just haven't mastered the art of it, and this bronzer is so easy to use & work with, makes using it a breeze. When I do run out, I will def. repurchase in a heart beat!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by luvtolaugh1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the packaging is fine, it looks fine itself, but I am pretty dang fair and this would not show up on my skin. So then I would fiercely rub the brush in the bronzer, then too much would show up. I just ended up buying MSF in Comfort which is way better. This is one of MAC's more disappointing products

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by MichaelinOrlando

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer. It doesnt go on too heavy and the coverage is buildable. I wear it everyday over tinted moisturizer and NW 30 studio fix powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by olives5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is a really good color and a good product as a whole, good texture and very blendable. Even though it is a good price compared to other bronzers from high end brands, I just think that it is so sheer that you have to layer a lot of product for it to show up (and I am very pale naturally) that you use this product up super quickly. I used this product every day for about a month before it was completely finished, where as my NARS Laguna bronzer I can use much less product every day (and still get the same effect) and not hit pan for at least 3 months. I think this would be a great product if you just want a sheer, all over bronzey glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product.. Luckily I found it at my CCO so it was a little cheaper than normal. I was debating on either getting this or NARS Laguna. The reason I chose this was because I did find it at the CCO. I think I am still going to try the Laguna.. but this was still really great. I like to apply my blush and use this bronzer as a contour. I apply both right after my foundation and then apply my MSFN powder. The powder over it really helps to blend it out as sometimes it can get a little too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by goodhabits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very pale skin so I use this as a bronzer and a contour.

PROS: Wonderful even coverage (though this is always also dependant on brush and primer used). Other reviewers have found this is be unusable in the day, but I believe the complete opposite, I can only use this in the day and I love the shimmery look because it is more natural then the matte look.

CONS: I cannot use this at night as the colouring is too light, and night contouring needs to be darker to be seen, but that is not really a CON as it is my fault for choosing a colour that was too light to be used at night. Additionally, MAC is expensive, so this is not for the monetarily challenged. Me personally, I can only afford these sorts of products once in a while and I usually get them as presents.

Overall, this product is great, I use it over mineral foundation and it applies flawlessly and evenly. REMEMBER to always blend your bronzers out into the hairline and around the jaw to avoid that "cake face" look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by TheSecretaryEG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS
This bronzer is a nice clean bronze colour without any orange on my NW20 skin and with a light hand gives a good glow
CONS
Contains too much large particle shimmer for my liking, unsuitable for daytime use.
VERDICT
A good bronzer for fairer skin tones if you don't mind the shimmer but I wouldn't repurchase as I rarely use it.