July 25, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gage

A little about my situation. My ex-boyfriend was a freelance makeup artist for both MAC and LancŰme. One of my good friends is a top stylist at a NYC salon that gets reviewed by publications such as Vogue and Lucky. Another friend of mine works for Anne Taylor and gets bulk loads of sample items. Due to these circumstanced I have been showered with expensive high end products. Iím an addict when it comes to spending but the holidays have left me with a temporary bankrupt situation. What to do, what to do!

My mission: find great products just as good as the elaborately exspensive ones but for dirt-cheap!

Okay, letís get down to business - Wet 'Ní Wild style. I have heard and found in the past that these products are bulletproof. Due to my currant riches (connections) I have slowly distanced myself from store purchased products. WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!!!

I just bought a tube of Wildshine #330 and this stuff is fabulous! What a beautiful red orange neutral shade! It smoothes on perfect, it feels like Iím wearing lip balm. So far today no clumping. It does wear off quick, but itís a light coverage lipstick Ė they ALL do that. Due to this I would say if your going for dramatic, this isnít for you (try the Megacolors line and donít forget to use lip liner). For less than $2 this stuff is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 11:58:00 PM More reviews by gienwong

I love this lipstick. It's sheer and creamy. I have purchased three tubes and the colors are just great and natural looking, not too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chowell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is awesome! I read the reviews and ran out and tried it. I paid $1.69 at Target. I got the Cranberry Shine. It is perfect. I can wear it with anything. It is very shiny and I feel like I'm wearing lip balm. Nice and smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by risusa

My experience with Wet n' Wild was previously limited to high school drugstore romps, where I found that their heavy, crayon-flavored lipsticks left much to be desired. So, when I first read the glowing reviews of their line of Wild Shine Lipsticks, I was a bit skeptical. I picked up shade #330 (Cranberry Shine) today at Wal-Mart, and I'm a definitely a Wn'W convert! This shade perfectly compliments my medium-olive skintone, as a deliciously sheer cranberry red. The packaging and staying power could be improved, but hey - it's under $2! I will definitely repurchase this one, and maybe try some other shades as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kschultz78

I have this in 326 - a dark burgundy. I bought it at Target because of the MUA recommendation, and I'd have to say we have a winner here! It can be used as a stain during the day, but layered at night for a more dramatic look. Although its staying power leaves something to be desired, the price MORE than makes up for it! Don't be turned off by the packaging, ladies - this is a good product that deserves more recognition!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 10:15:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Latte Shine and it is such a great no-brainer neutral shade. The texture of this lippie is very moisturizing and lasts a decent amount of time for a shiny, sheer lipstick. I really want to get Cranberry Shine next but I have yet to find a store that has it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 8:02:00 AM More reviews by kimbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

got #322. nice honey brown/orange color. very shimmery and is a really great perk up lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2003 11:22:00 PM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted to try a new color but, didn't want to spend too much money incase I didn't like it. I often use W&W as a "tester" brand. Anyway, I was impressed with the feel of this lipstick. It went on very smooth and the staying power was as good as any other lipstick. The packaging isn't that great, I wish that the lipstick could be spun all the way into the tube instead of having nearly half of it sticking out. But, for the price tag, I can deal with the packaging issues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Latte Shine, and while the shade doesn't deposit much color on my pink pigmented lips (HHH skin tone), I have to give this l/s credit for texture and moisture. I find Revlon Moisturous a bit *too* runny (Cocoa Mist just mists right off my lips). Will definitely repurchase, if I see some better colors. UPDATE: I bought Cranberry Shine, which I use over my red lip stain to even out any, well, uneven stain. It's smooth and shiny, definitely great product for a cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 11:10:00 PM More reviews by flightymagnolias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i usually wear lip gloss but this stuff is great. wet n' wild lipsticks can well... suck, but this product bucks the trend. i have it in suga shine and honey shine. it goes on so smooth and feels great on the lips. the color shows up well and makes my lips more shimmery than shiny. i got it for 1.25 and definetely plan on getting more.