Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/11/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this after receiving it as a gift.
Yuck.

It smells sort of strange, almost like chalky vitamins or something. It also applies kind of like chalky vitamins. It looks cakey, waxy, and magnified the look of my pores.
After wearing it for about 3 hours, my face looked like an oil covered orange.

Honestly, this was one of the worst foundations I've ever tried. The packaging was difficult to use, the application was difficult (hard to blend evenly), it smelled bad, and it didn't wear well.

Just no.

on 6/11/2014 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Had to review this when I saw I could be number 3000! Anyway. I love this stuff. This and the matte version have helped clear my skin. It provides more coverage than the matte, and gives a healthy, glowy effect. I like that you get a third more than the matte for the same price. The ingredients are as natural as they come, but I have to admit the bismuth makes me itchy in hot weather. You must use a primer underneath or it won't be any good. I don't find it necessary to blend much on my face. I follow with the max coverage concealer brush dipped in the fdn to give extra coverage around eyes/nose/blemishes. I then follow with MAC concealers and put mv on top. As soon as I started using these fdns I started getting ID'd which is ridiculous, but that's what it does for me.

on 6/1/2014 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HATE THIS STUFF!!! First of all, I have NO IDEA why people who wear this stuff think that they look flawless! This stuff makes your face look NASTY and like it's covered in foundation! I got a few samples of this at Sephora when I used to work there, applied it, and took it right off. A really good friend of mine jumps on the bandwagon for new products, and she used this stuff all the time. She always looked "caked" up and like she had on a ton of makeup! But she swore she looked great, all because of what it promises to do! Well after a while, she ended up w/a bacterial infection on her face and it was because of this stuff and the brush that came with it! LOL Not to laugh, but I told her it looked like crap and she didn't listen...

on 5/22/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to try out this product, but then when I got it then applied it the right way (trust me I've watched tons of videos on how to apply it), I HATED IT -_- At first, I thought I was going to love this, but I tried several times, it just didn't work for my oily skin. I don't know why lots of people love this product, I mean come on. After buffering it onto my skin for about 5 minutes, nothing showed up!!!! It looks so natural that it looks like nothing happened to my skin. Hate their brushes, especially the concealer brush. It doesn't work! It doesn't go on smoothly to my skin and it deposits NO PRODUCT at all. This is not a go-to product, like you only have 5 minutes, I suggest not using this one. Doesn't show up, really. And my hatest thing about this is it itches my face like crazy!!!! I'm not even exaggerating at all. It didn't give me any coverage, but when I removed it with my facial wipes, it is like I put tons of makeup to my face. Not good. Never going to purchase anything from BareMinerals again. Sorry

on 5/21/2014 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

As a teen I never struggled with bad acne or uneven skintone, but I had(and still have)problems when it comes to my pores. They are huge and clog easily. Then I discovered Bare Minerals and their mineral foundation. I used it for years and years, and it made my skin look flawless and I NEVER had any blemishes. But somewhere along the way I stopped using it and tried out other foundations. Then I decided I was going to use Bare Minerals again, because it was better than anything else I've tried. Nope, it broke me out like crazy and made me look oily throughout the day. It seems like my skin reacts badly to any mineral products these days, so I've decided to stay away from them for the better of my skin. But I'm generally more prone to breaking out now then I was as a young teen.

I give Bare Minerals Foundation three lippies because it's a blast from the past, back then I would have given it five.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this product every single day for about six months without realising it was what caused the rash and the pimples that kept appearing on my skin. It became a vicious circle; the more foundation I used to cover up, the more rash I would get, especially on my cheeks. I tried loads of different products and methods for making my skin feel better, but nothing was helping since this powder just kept clogging my pores up and making me break out. One day my mom told me about a friend of hers who had used ID Bare Minerals and gotten bad skin from it. I stopped using it immediately, and a few days later, my rash and acne started disappearing.

The few good things about this product is that it does cover up very well (but what's the point if it's what causes the rash you want to cover) and that the packaging is convenient and easy to operate. But I will never use this product again since it caused such damage to my skin.

on 5/5/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with bare minerals foundation. I love it because its the only foundation that doesn't break my extremely acne prone skin out and I feel like it really does help my skin stay healthy. And I feel it can match my skin pretty well. The reasons I don't like it is that it doesn't hide blemishes very well and if you can get it to it won't last long. Also it makes a huge mess on the bathroom counter no matter how careful you are and I feel like 40% of it is wasted through spillage. I think I'm gonna start using the new serum foundation because it provides better coverage and doesn't make such a mess

on 5/2/2014 9:20:00 AM

I have had a love hate relationship with this product. To begin with if you have less than perfect skin I really do not think this is the right product for you; however, if you are looking for that "my skin but better" look, this is a fantastic product. I have fairly good skin, so I like to wear this if I am just doing errands around town. It gives you a subtle glow from within that is very beautiful. I was matched with golden medium, which is a hard shade to find in other foundations, so I really appreciate the broad colour selection. I also feel that no matter how much of this product you wear it never looks cakey. Using it with the prime time primer creates the most beautiful results in my opinion. This being said, it does not really cover imperfections. If I want a more polished look I will wear a liquid foundation. I tend to hate how foundation looks on the skin, so in spite of the negatives I will continue to use this product. Since you cant see it or feel it I think it will be great for summer!

on 4/25/2014 11:29:00 PM

got into the mineral trend for a bit.....but did notice some wrinkle lines after an hour. Also, without exfoliating before use, I would see skin flaking. I only gave this 3/5 even though it deserves a one is because I do like the well rested - eye brightener.

on 4/11/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Gave me a lovely milia rash all across my face and down my neck (very first use), I don't even have sensitive skin either. Must be that bismuth they stick in it... Sorry but if "natural" does this to my skin, I'll stick to the "nasty" normal foundations that don't give me horrible rashes...