December 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTakesTheCake

This was an impulse buy that the SA talked me into when I made a stop at the Body Shop store. Since I've been using it, it's become a staple in my makeup routine. I use it primarily as a primer and the fact that it's choc-full of Vitamin C is just a plus. I'm not sure if there is any effect of this to help with old acne scars, but I'm really loving it as a primer. Just 1-2 pumps is enough for my whole face.
I like the gel like texture that is not like thick silicone textured Smashbox primer. The Smashbox primer although effective, feels like it's plugging my pores and causes me to be even more oily and made me breakout. This stuff is great - it is so light-weight and my skin can still breathe but the surface of my skin becomes so silky and smooth.
The price is pretty average - not too cheap nor expensive. I like the pump dispenser but I wish the bottle were clear to see much product is left and also if the tube of the pump was flexible so that you can get to the corners to get all of the product.
Read more of my reviews at www.beautytakesthecake.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have super sensitive skin. I tried this product because I wanted to find a good vitamin C product for my skin. I started using it twice a day, after I cleanse and before I put moisturizer on. I absolutely love it. I feel like it helps my skin to glow. I love the gel texture of this product, as it seems to work well for me, and I really wish I could find more good gels. I have no problems using makeup on top of this, but I always put a moisturizer on after I put this on, and I do let both skin into my skin first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing for me. I put it on and it feels "slick: on my skin, it feels like oil is on it. I have dry skin and this takes forever to sink into my skin. I have been using this for awhile and I see no improvement in my skin overall appearance. I will use it up because I don't want to throw it away. I will not repurchase this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 1stClassGroupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for awhile off and on for a couple years or more so i feel i can review it accurately. i have regular combo skin. no areas too dry or too oily w/out any acne. I see ppl saying it doesnt work well under make up and it doesnt sink in. when i first tried it i was disappointed and did not think i'd repurchase but after using the bottle i figured it was worth the $20 or so because i noticed that it did make my skin ALOT softer and yes even toned glowy after even one use (and you thought it wasnt sinking in). So by now i think i have it down pat. The way i use this product is after a mask or a steaming. i'll steam or do a peel (juice beauty green apple is my 5*) and instead of pumping into my hands and spreading i unscrew the applicator and use it to apply small dots of the serum directly to my face and then spread with my fingertips. i doubt that makes much difference but i dont want to waste this expensive product on the palms of my hands so. I feel its more effective after a deep cleansing treatment as a serum because its sinking into my skin not being blocked by other products. I also do not use this under a daily moisterizer, i'll use it the night before and sleep with only this on my face. Let me say i can always feel the difference the serum makes vs. skipping it. I do feel that its brightens my complexion and i dont see how anyone can deny it makes their skin drastically softer - i dont have rough skin and I still notice a huge improvement and since i only use after a facial treatment it lasts a very, very long time, so $20 is worth it. i dont know how well it works as a daily but i also use the SPF from the Vitamin C line and i have good experiences with that as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by joyce21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Correction: I would "maybe" buy this product again. This product is really unique so I'm kind of on the fence with a few things. The first thing is the texture, it has a silicon-ish silky feeling that kind of acts like a layer on your skin rather than absorbing in.... It's not totally moisturizing in that sense, but after trying this a few nights my skin feels brighter and softer. I've also noticed some tiny scars disappearing! ok so I'm not sure about that but definately feels good on the skin. Vitamin C is suppose to have some beneficial effects, this is not your typical moisturizer but its worth to have around and give it a try if you have some extra cash. Speaking of which, the price is $26 CDN and its rather hefty for something that I'm on the fence on. So far, it hasn't done any damage on me so yeah....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by greengoddess11

I love the smell of this product and it did feel nice. The only problem is that it did nothing to improve my skin. I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh... a little disappointing... first of all, it does not wear well under m/u (in fact, it sort of causes m/u to melt after just a couple hours, whereas normally the m/u would last all day). Secondly, it does nothing! I notice no difference in skin tone, texture, or anything. I actually really love the Vitamin C night treatment in the same line, which gives excellent results almost immediately. This one however was a waste of money. very blah. I find the MyChelle Vitamin C serum to be far more effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

This made my skin feel nice after application, but no other effect. Also, since it's in a glass bottle, you can't use all of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by forgetmenot18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know what to think of this product. I got a lot of clogged pores and whitheads but i dont if its from this product or not. It smells really quite nice but i dont think it helped my hyper pigmentation or even my skin tone. It does give you a nice warm glow to your skin when you apply it. Does any one know if this has any comdogenic ingredients?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by leelou111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I would like this product since it was slightly similar to the old vitamin c I used to use. It was very heavy on my oily skin and did not absorb into my skin at all. I ended up switching to Philosophy's Vitamin C Turbo Boost, since you can mix it in with any product in your skin care regime. I gave this product a 2 to be fair since I only used it for 2 weeks (I just couldn't take the thickness anymore).