October 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing for me. I put it on and it feels "slick: on my skin, it feels like oil is on it. I have dry skin and this takes forever to sink into my skin. I have been using this for awhile and I see no improvement in my skin overall appearance. I will use it up because I don't want to throw it away. I will not repurchase this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 1stClassGroupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for awhile off and on for a couple years or more so i feel i can review it accurately. i have regular combo skin. no areas too dry or too oily w/out any acne. I see ppl saying it doesnt work well under make up and it doesnt sink in. when i first tried it i was disappointed and did not think i'd repurchase but after using the bottle i figured it was worth the $20 or so because i noticed that it did make my skin ALOT softer and yes even toned glowy after even one use (and you thought it wasnt sinking in). So by now i think i have it down pat. The way i use this product is after a mask or a steaming. i'll steam or do a peel (juice beauty green apple is my 5*) and instead of pumping into my hands and spreading i unscrew the applicator and use it to apply small dots of the serum directly to my face and then spread with my fingertips. i doubt that makes much difference but i dont want to waste this expensive product on the palms of my hands so. I feel its more effective after a deep cleansing treatment as a serum because its sinking into my skin not being blocked by other products. I also do not use this under a daily moisterizer, i'll use it the night before and sleep with only this on my face. Let me say i can always feel the difference the serum makes vs. skipping it. I do feel that its brightens my complexion and i dont see how anyone can deny it makes their skin drastically softer - i dont have rough skin and I still notice a huge improvement and since i only use after a facial treatment it lasts a very, very long time, so $20 is worth it. i dont know how well it works as a daily but i also use the SPF from the Vitamin C line and i have good experiences with that as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by joyce21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Correction: I would "maybe" buy this product again. This product is really unique so I'm kind of on the fence with a few things. The first thing is the texture, it has a silicon-ish silky feeling that kind of acts like a layer on your skin rather than absorbing in.... It's not totally moisturizing in that sense, but after trying this a few nights my skin feels brighter and softer. I've also noticed some tiny scars disappearing! ok so I'm not sure about that but definately feels good on the skin. Vitamin C is suppose to have some beneficial effects, this is not your typical moisturizer but its worth to have around and give it a try if you have some extra cash. Speaking of which, the price is $26 CDN and its rather hefty for something that I'm on the fence on. So far, it hasn't done any damage on me so yeah....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by greengoddess11

I love the smell of this product and it did feel nice. The only problem is that it did nothing to improve my skin. I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh... a little disappointing... first of all, it does not wear well under m/u (in fact, it sort of causes m/u to melt after just a couple hours, whereas normally the m/u would last all day). Secondly, it does nothing! I notice no difference in skin tone, texture, or anything. I actually really love the Vitamin C night treatment in the same line, which gives excellent results almost immediately. This one however was a waste of money. very blah. I find the MyChelle Vitamin C serum to be far more effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

This made my skin feel nice after application, but no other effect. Also, since it's in a glass bottle, you can't use all of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by forgetmenot18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know what to think of this product. I got a lot of clogged pores and whitheads but i dont if its from this product or not. It smells really quite nice but i dont think it helped my hyper pigmentation or even my skin tone. It does give you a nice warm glow to your skin when you apply it. Does any one know if this has any comdogenic ingredients?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by leelou111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I would like this product since it was slightly similar to the old vitamin c I used to use. It was very heavy on my oily skin and did not absorb into my skin at all. I ended up switching to Philosophy's Vitamin C Turbo Boost, since you can mix it in with any product in your skin care regime. I gave this product a 2 to be fair since I only used it for 2 weeks (I just couldn't take the thickness anymore).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by KarinKassab

I'm not sure about this product. I like the smell and texture but when I apply it my makeup doesn't stay. So I can only use it at night. I dunno if it works haven't used it regularly enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by heartmjo

I like the consistency and orange zesty smell. The problem is it has grapefruit oil and sesame seed oil which didn't really sound appealing if you have acne prone skin. Im still trying to finish the first bottle I purchased. So far no exciting results. And still got a little bit of acne down my chin. I was using sothys creme reparatrice for quite some time, then it stopped working for me. So decided to purchase this. Will keep updates if any noticeable change happens.

******** new review :: clogged my pores ang gave me oversized pimples down my chin. Will not repurchase. :( im using argan oil to heal my pimples at the moment.