October 1, 2014 | 991 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

I used this for 1 month , The first 2 weeks I didn't feel any difference between using this and my previous cleanser ( Vichy's Normaderm) I liked the toner until I read that it EXFOLIATES the skin I got worried about that because you're not supossed to exfoliate your skin everyday .

Then i noticed my face was getting so RED specially on my acne scars ! I don't know but I think It made my acne scars more pigmented.
According with others reviews this might have happened because these products are too harsh. I wasn't worried about trying harsh products because my skin is not sensitive, but with the time you really see the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by marieirvine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 43 and never had great skin. For the last year my skin has been the worst it's ever been and I'd resigned myself to the fact that it was hormones (I'm going through an early menopause). I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear to cover up my poorly skin. Unlike the usual acne (forehead, noise and chin) mine was on my cheeks - horrible huge whiteheads that would erupt into spots, at one stage I counted well over 25! ES Double Wear was always great at covering up but I always hated the way it made my skin feel and after a 15hr day when I took it off my cotton pad was full of foundation - how can something that sits on your skin for that good allow your pores to breathe. Anyway I'd heard that clinique had brought out the anti blemish range and in desperation when I caught my reflection with the winter sun on my face I headed to the clinique counter.
The consultant sold me the whole range - foam, clarifying lotion, moisturiser and foundation -a pricey wet Saturday afternoon. She told me that I might experience more problems for the first few weeks as the the impurities were coming to the surface - and boy did I. My skin was the worst it's ever been and I almost gave up and threw in the towel and skulked back to ES Double Wear and my usual cleanser and toner. I stuck with it though and today is week 5 of using the range.
My poorly skin is the best it's ever been. All the whiteheads have gone and the product is even healing the red acne scars. I use a small amount of the foundation now and in a few more weeks I can imagine a day that I never thought I'd see - going out the house without make up on.
I love this product, I'd really really advice you to stick with it if you're experiecing break outs in the 1st few weeks it's the product healing you're poorly skin. I've never been so confident about the way look.
Good Luck x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings with clinique's anti-blemish set. Although, it doesn't cure my acne and I still have minor break outs it still helps control them from coming back which is good but, I wish it still had that solution to get rid of acne once and for all as I've been suffering since high school and although every new product seem to work they turn my skin to worse through a few months time.

This is my second set and because, of the VAT rise the product is getting quite expensive and by that time it does I won't be purchasing anymore as this only helps control my acne.

I won't recommened it for super-dry skin I have little eczema on my face and it'll dry out the skin but, the moisturizer is not bad. I think it should be looked into more to keep skin looking less flaky especially in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Spot treatment gel. People DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!
It does absolutely nothing to your pimples, there are tons of better options out there, one i've used recently:
DT Brandt spot tratment, the colour thing is horrible, but it really works!!!
I'll never ever purchase this item again, 2 bottles were quite enought, in case you're wondering why I bought 2 bottles, I bought 1 for me and 1 for me BF as i spend lots of time at his place....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the 3 products from the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions for nearly a year (I had gone through at least 3 sets of these products) but I found that my skin had not improved at all, and still regularly have breakouts. So I've stopped using these now and have gone to some other brand. If I cannot find anything else that helps my skin, I *might* come back to Clinique......

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by holeinwall

I am reviewing the anti-blemish solutions spot treatment gel. I still have half a bottle of this left after probably a year or two (or three) partly because I don't use it so often and partly because you only need the smallest bit. However, I think I am going to throw it away as I feel I keep giving it second chances and its just always so poor.

Firstly it stings, especially if you put it on a number of spots at once. Then, even with a thin film, it sort of flakes around the edges, it can even be peeled off intact, so I don't think it would be suitable for under makeup. I think pimples do reduce in size somewhat but I feel like it makes them go further under the skin without actually getting rid of them, so they aren't squeezable and almost go cystic - quite red and painful and end up hanging around for ages, which doesn't suit me. I prefer plain old straight tea tree oil as a spot treatment, and treating my face kindly and gently to avoid pimples, rather than stressing it out further with harsh products.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Tiffydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago; and i dont think its effective.
I bought it because I thought oh wow clinique is usually good for your skin and they came out with the anti blemish range which i thought would work, when i bought it and used it at home, it just breaks me out even more.
It was so expensive i think i spend over $100 for the 3 bottles, and its such a waste because i only used it like for one week, and stopped using it because it made me get more pimples..

It doesnt work for me at all, the package is ugly its not attractive or anything.

The quantity of the bottles are however generous, but i will never return to this products nevetheless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I started using the 3steps from the Anti Blemish Solutions line because of a recommendation from a colleague. I was having breakouts recently, and I got a lot of those nasty reddish bumps on my cheeks and some cystic acne on my forehead. She adored the ABS line so I decided to try it out as well.

Instead of the cleansing foam I use the soap bar, it works pretty well, leaves my skin clean without stripping it dry. The soap bar works on any body acne too.

The lotion is my favorite, I used to use CL2 and this is slightly milder without the menthol-ish cool feel. Leaves my skin clean and clear after cleansing.

Lastly I use the ABS Clearing Moisturiser, which is lightweight and not heavy on me. Helps to keep my skin sufficiently moisturised yet treats my acne concerns at the same time.

Will definitely repurchase.. Only cons is that the price is quite high here in my country. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

When I started using this ca four years ago, it used to be my HG of spot zappers and I kept repurchasing it. It worked well on whiteheadsand small zits, less so on cystic acne or large spots. Then I discovered treatments from Dermalogica and Mario Badescu, which worked mucg better. I think it's quite a good starting product, as it's not too expensive (ca 12 per bottle).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the anti blemish solutions spot treatment gel has been a lifesaver for me. i'm alergic to benzyl peroxide, so i have to stear clear of most spot treatments. this uses salicylic acid instead, so i can use it without reacting badly. it doesn't get rid of spots right away, but it helps them go away much faster than they would on their own.