Clinique Anti Blemish Solution

2.9

on 3/26/2012 3:54:00 AM

i started using this about 1 week ago and let met tell you, my skin is breaking out really badly! hopefully im just 'purging', but if i am truly breaking out, then let me tell you, this product is definitely not good!! expensive too! and im get all kinds of pimples too sadly! white heads, cystic pimples!! argg... go elsewhere! not even drugstore brands have done this to my skin before :(

on 3/18/2012 7:22:00 PM

OMG i am totally in love with Clinique's 3 step anti-blemish solution. I have super sensitive skin and for the past year have been using a cheap foundation that makes me mildly break out. About 2 months ago i started sufferring a more severe allergic reaction to it. Since stopping using the foundation the break outs have still been continuing and people at work have been asking me whats wrong with my face. Oh you can imagine my horror!

Anyway, 5 days ago i went to the Clinique counter in a panic and they sold me the anti-blemish 3 step solution and the foundation and told me if my skin is still breaking out in 2 weeks to bring back the products. Well 5 days have past and my skin is soooo clear. I still have marks from some of the bigger pimple blemishes i had, but that's probably more due to me picking at them.

Now the reason i only gave this a rating of 4 is because this product is extremely drying. But that's the point of it. It's filled with salicylic acid to get rid of the pimples. So i don't think i will be able to use this product long-term. In a few months i will purchase the Clinique 3 step for dry/combo skin and only use the anti blemish solution if i start breaking out again.

Oh and my other little quibble with this solution is how small the moisturiser is compared the big bottle of cleanser & massive bottle of toner. I think i will go through about 4 moisturisers before the toner even starts to look like its being used.

Overall this product has done exactly what i wanted it to do. Cleared my blemishes!!!

on 3/11/2012 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been purchasing these products for a few years and this has worked brilliantly for me. I used to get spots every month and I have really noticed a difference since using these. Now I will get one maybe every 6-12 months which I can live with. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It may not work for everyone but I think it is worth trying!

on 3/6/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have consistent moderate acne, and after researching the dangers of prolonged used of BP I decided to switch to the anti-blemish solutions line, as a student it wasn't cheap to purchase but I wanted effective products. Using the whole line as guided made my oily skin excessively dry and flaky, while reducing the use and amount of the cleanser and toner used to prevent this was not effective enough to stop me breaking out. I have used this line for 3 months now and have been forced to switch back to BP to clear my skin up.

on 2/24/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really do not understand how some critics here have been so bad about this product. It changed my life!

I never had fairy-tale-great skin. I always had the T area (forehead, nose and chin) filled with regular acne. Some large ones, some simple pimples, but always had acne. From my adolescence until last year when I found this product!

My skin changed at the beginning, it went from oily to dry and the tonic (step 2) always burned a little. But I insisted on the use and today, nearly completing one year of use of the same three products every day, I can guarantee you that the pimples I had now live in my past.

I, not only recommend this product to everyone I know, but I'm also here recommending it to you too.

I think that if you use it correctly, like it says on the package and regularly, you will see results. Very, very good results.

on 2/13/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the worst product ever !

since I starting using it my skin get so many cystics acne that i nevr had before !

so sad it this line .

on 1/7/2012 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I never had problems with acne before except for occasional blemishes now and then but i have been breaking out pretty badly recently.
I've heard great things about their 3 step anti-blemish system (cleanser, toner & the moisturizer) on major magazines and tv shows so I decided to try it out. It's been almost 3 months using this product and my blemishes did not clear up one bit and actually increased in numbers along with tiny bumps all over my forehead!
The toner has a very strong alcohol smell (I think all clinique toners do anyway) and the moisturizer also had a slight chemical smell to it also.. I think that might be the problem since my skin is a bit on the sensitive side. The only good thing about the product is that i did not dry my skin out like other acne products do.
Now I'm in a search for more natural products that will suit my skin better..
This might have worked for some but it made no difference in my skin and made matters worse..

on 10/28/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for the Clear Blemish Gel. I have a lot of bumpy acne on my chin and jawline, under the skin NOT full blown spots! I gave this a try, it actually helped to flatten these bumps within a couple of days! Whether you think its expensive it not depends on your budget, I think this was 12 and although its a small bottle you really don't need very much, I think this will last me a year. Working for me so far!

on 9/22/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Spot Gel - totaly useless and causes extreme dryness.

Clearing Moisturizer - very nice. I used it on morning and evening. It actually worked. It took 2 days for my skin to adjust to it. Also there was soft water and high humidity. Idk how it will work in winter.

on 9/10/2011 2:20:00 AM

This product is absolutely awful.

I am pretty angry that I spent so much money on it.

I have acne prone skin, but nothing too awful - it has always been manageable and easy to cover with foundation.

Whilst I was finishing my dissertation my skin started breaking out loads (I guess from stress) so I decided to try this stuff.

They said it would get worse before it got better.....well they got the first bit right! My skin has never been so bad, not even when I was in my teens!

I thought it was my new primer causing me to break out at first so I switched it out of my routine, but that didn't help so I tried stopping using the 3 step system instead and my skin started to clear up in less than 2 days!

What a massive waste of money.

Popular Treatments (Face)