Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 4/3/2006 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh thank goodness--I am NOT the ONLY one who thinks this shampoo is the worst thing they've ever come across!!! I will start out with the positive (note that I am using the SINGULAR term, not plural!). This shampoo has a nice mango/tropical scent. And that, my friends, is where the positives end and the mega-ranting begins!! GRRRRRRRRR....

Okay, I put volumizing hairspray on my roots about FOUR days ago. Hmm, I have since washed my hair approximately 5 or 6 times. Funny enough, I still seem to have that HAIRSPRAY FROM FOUR DAYS AGO in my hair--it's like it never left. I scrub and scrub and rinse and re-scrub my hair with this Garnier Fructis pile of freakin crap and it does absolutely nothing!! I was almost in tears today because my hair looks so AWFUL and GREASY and DISGUSTING. I put my hands through my hair and my hair literally sticks to my fingers. It is soooo horrible. I can't even believe a shampoo could be so worthless.

This shampoo has no lathering ability at all. ZILCH, ZERO, NADA... I use probably triple the amount of shampoo that I would use with other shampoos. And that is simply because it doesn't lather, which in turn makes it feel like I'm not even getting my hair clean. And now after this hairspray incident, I know now that it doesn't get hair clean!! Wow, I'm seriously fuming as I type this.

I am being forced to go to the store today and buy a different kind of shampoo because I want this freakin hairspray out of my hair.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS PRODUCT LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

Thank you. That is all...

on 3/11/2006 8:55:00 PM

I wanted to like this shampoo as I had success with garnier's other products. but this shampoo made my hair greasy!!! and not only that, it made my scalp so dry i had dandruff! i'venever had any problems with dandruff in my life. it was soo gross. and since it made my roots so greasy and flat and limp, i tried using it only my ends where my hair is dry, but it didn't matter. how can it make my roots so greasy and my scalp so dry? perplexing. i will never use this even if you paid me.

on 2/21/2006 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i got dandruff now, thanks to this shampoo plus my hair look dirty /greasy even after i wash them. not a good shampoo

on 2/13/2006 12:51:00 PM

No way!
It has an oily texture and you expect it to nourish your hair, but i doesn't!
It only takes ages to rinse it away even here where we have hard water.
I have long dark hair with henna, fragile and fine.
At the end my hair looked like a ruined wool jumper, lots of nots and they became dirty in two days.
No way. I will stick to my Lavera products and pure almond oil.

on 1/28/2006 6:10:00 PM

This stuff is pretty good for a drugstore shampoo. I have very dry, frizzy, curly hair and I have a hard time finding a shampoo/conditioner that really works for me and is not ridiculous expensive. This shampoo adds light moisture to my hair (I could stand for more though) and combined with the conditioner my hair feels very soft and is super manageable afterwards. I have no trouble brushing through my normally tangly hair after I use this. It seems to do a great job detangling. I do have issues with frizz when I use this shampoo and matching conditioner. My hair has been more frizzy while using this. Overall though, not a bad shampoo-I would probably repurchase in the future if there was a sale on this, or I just wasn't having luck with any other drugstore shampoos.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo does what it says ...MAKES YOUR HAIR DRY AND DAMAGED! yUCK. Will not be repurchasing. I usually love the fructis line but not this stuff. Im getting away from the laurel sulfates, Going to an all natural shampoo becasue this stuff is just perfume and chemicals. Yuck. And same goes for the conditioner.
*UPDATE: STILL HORRIBLE. Switched to vegan shapmoos and conditioners with no sodium laural/laureth sulfates. They dry out your hair.

on 12/7/2005 12:02:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. i was very pleased after I tryed since my hair has gotten a little frizzy via the weather. It really helped it.

on 11/7/2005 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

False publicity!!!! This shampoo actually damage hair!!!! One of the worst shampoo I've tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this shampoo too. It smelled great and left my hair silky, light, and certainly helped heal my split ends. After a few months it was time for a change, though.

on 10/4/2005 3:17:00 AM

I loved this shampoo. My hair was dry and damaged with split ends and is frizzy and flyaway all the time, and after switching to using Garnier Fructis I immediately saw a dramatic difference (perhaps due to the fact that I was using Pantene previously). My hair became much more shinier and easier to tame, and feels so soft. I used it alongside the Fructis Conditioner and I must say this is my favorite shampoo so far. However after a long while of using it you can begin to see that the 'wonderful' effects starts to wear off and my hair is no longer as vibrant as when I first started using it. I think it is best that you switch to other shampoos after a while of using Fructis, before switching back, in order to regain those effects. Generally I don't like fruity smells in shampoos but for these results I tolerate it.