December 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Cream Color Base in Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

perfect for a brown highlight, highlighting the cheek bones and the cupids bow. i love this from mac! please dont d/c it! its amazing and so versatile!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and it looks great. It doesn't have chunky glitter so it looks more natural when applied. I have not had a problem with this breaking me out whatsoever, and I find it looks best on fair-medium skintones. If you are darker skinned, you may want to use MAC's cream color base in "Shell". However this can also be used as an eye base for anyone. It gives shadows a little "extra". Recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color itself is beautiful. I am fair skinned NC15/20 with pretty dry and sensitive skin but find that it works with everybody. It's an off white cream color with no shimmer and just a lovely glow.

As an e/s base: Warms up every color subtlety and beautifully. I wear it over my beloved NARS eyeshadow primer but find that I can only wear it if i'm going to be out for a very short amount of time. I find that when I sweat or have a long day, it makes the eyeshadow crease like mad on me. Crushes me because I love the color as a base.

As a highlight: It is beautiful on my brow bone and inner corners, adds dimension and a lovely luminescent glow to my eye. As a face highlight, I use it on my cheekbones, top of my nose, chin, and cupid's bow. And I love it when i'm wearing either liquid foundation or when i'm bare faced but on top of powder foundation it ruins the finish of it somewhat after a few hours, it almost seems to muddle into the powder ( I rotate powders between Aveeda duo mat, studiofix, careblend, and mufe duo mat) whether I use a brush or my fingers to lightly tap it in and it's a pity because I tend to wear a lot more powder foundations. It's good enough so that I will use it up as I do love love the color and love the effect up to a few hours that I use it but somehow loses its glow after a few hours and I hate how shiny it looks in photos, even when I use it with a very light hand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I'm not so sure about this.. I've had it a while. First tried it under shadow as a base and within 2 hours it was nasty and clumpy. Then I tried to use it as a highlight on my brow bone and again within a few hours it was gone, just glittery looking. I don't care for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this product is great for an eye highliter or highliter on your cheeks, love the shimmer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I thought I couldn't use this this because I don't like my skin texture at the moment, and I'm acne prone, and I thought it wouldn't apply well over concealer and powder. I didn't want it to remove my "perfect, flawless" face of powder. I always use it to apply in the inner corners of my eyes, and it makes them look mesmerizing!!! I'm fair, NW20, and this color is beautiful, whitish gold on. I also apply it above my cupids bow, above my top lip. And then....I started using my finger, and just dabbing it on my cheeks ontop of my powder! It didn't remove the powder foundation at all!!!! I then apply Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip Rosy Glow ontop of it, and it adheres to it lovely and lasts ALL day. I love it! I then stipple blush (Bobbie Brown Pale Pink) to define my cheekbones more. My skin is just glowing!!! SO many uses for this creme base, and no problems at all. Oh, I also put it under my browbone to highlight. I have even put it on my lipe as a lipstick to go with a smokey eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Maclover93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know if it's just me and my general skintype (normal/dry), but this product doesn't seem to work on me. When my face is dry this doesn't show up at all and when it's a bit less dry it shows up but with a very subtle barely there sheen. However, I won't judge this product just yet, because I think the main reason it didn't work on me was that it's winter and my skin is dry and dehydrated + I'm pale (NW 15)
I will try this again several times before I give up on it, cause I've heard positive things about it.

I tried this product again after moisturizing with an Estee Lauder hydrating cream and it worked awesome! It gave me this natural, subtle, almost wet pearl glow and it made my cheeks glow when I turned my head to the side.
Lovely product, but use a moisturizer before putting it on cause it doesn't look as good on dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hearing about it on Kandee Johnson's channel. I'm a fair redhead with freckles, and this is the perfect highlighter. Slightly off-white with a nice shimmer that isn't too cool or too warm, and no big disco glitter chunks. Just a light, subtle shimmer. I use this on my cheekbones and sometimes on my brow bone & nose. Not too overpowering for daytime and could be built up some for more dramatic evening wear. Lasts all day and doesn't turn oily. Definite my HG highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by maclover123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this so much! i bought it with the intention of using it as a cheekbone highlight (which i do) but it also works great as an eyeshadow base or just to brighten up my whole eye area! its great for highlighting anywhere on your face! just a little dab with your fingers and your left with a beautiful glow. its incredible!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by AlissaDiMaggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best highlighters around. I know a lot of people use this as an eyeshadow base which I personally don't care for. It causes the shadow to crease, which can be fine if you are looking for an organic glow. I do sometimes apply a little all over the lid on make-up and go days when I want a minimal makeup look. This can also be a good look for a day after the beach and pool when you just have a few seconds to pull yourself together and want to keep going. Most of the time though I use this product as a highlighter for under the brow and the cheekbone. This only needs to be applied minimally as it can easily be overused and create too much frost and shine. I use this on all of my fair skinned clients to blend hard edged lines created from eyeshadow between the lid and brow bone. If you apply just a touch with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend up to the brow it softens the edge and creates a beautiful highlight that can only be seen when the face is turned towards light. It has the same affect when applied at the high part of the cheekbone. Great great highlighter. I don't like doing a make-up without it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No