MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 6/2/2011 3:26:00 PM

My favorite highlighter so far! I love using this to complete my look of the day by adding a thin layer at the very top of my cheekbones. I have not tried it on my nose because I think it would look too shiny but on the cheeks it is so pretty! Leaves a very "pearly" glow highlight which is why I like this product. I didn't give it the full 5 stars because it doesn't have great staying power. It might last longer in colder weather but I haven't had it that long to know. Great product for the price for those who like cream highlighters.

on 5/25/2011 11:56:00 AM

perfect for a brown highlight, highlighting the cheek bones and the cupids bow. i love this from mac! please dont d/c it! its amazing and so versatile!

on 5/17/2011 7:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this product. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and it looks great. It doesn't have chunky glitter so it looks more natural when applied. I have not had a problem with this breaking me out whatsoever, and I find it looks best on fair-medium skintones. If you are darker skinned, you may want to use MAC's cream color base in "Shell". However this can also be used as an eye base for anyone. It gives shadows a little "extra". Recommend :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color itself is beautiful. I am fair skinned NC15/20 with pretty dry and sensitive skin but find that it works with everybody. It's an off white cream color with no shimmer and just a lovely glow.

As an e/s base: Warms up every color subtlety and beautifully. I wear it over my beloved NARS eyeshadow primer but find that I can only wear it if i'm going to be out for a very short amount of time. I find that when I sweat or have a long day, it makes the eyeshadow crease like mad on me. Crushes me because I love the color as a base.

As a highlight: It is beautiful on my brow bone and inner corners, adds dimension and a lovely luminescent glow to my eye. As a face highlight, I use it on my cheekbones, top of my nose, chin, and cupid's bow. And I love it when i'm wearing either liquid foundation or when i'm bare faced but on top of powder foundation it ruins the finish of it somewhat after a few hours, it almost seems to muddle into the powder ( I rotate powders between Aveeda duo mat, studiofix, careblend, and mufe duo mat) whether I use a brush or my fingers to lightly tap it in and it's a pity because I tend to wear a lot more powder foundations. It's good enough so that I will use it up as I do love love the color and love the effect up to a few hours that I use it but somehow loses its glow after a few hours and I hate how shiny it looks in photos, even when I use it with a very light hand.

on 4/18/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not so sure about this.. I've had it a while. First tried it under shadow as a base and within 2 hours it was nasty and clumpy. Then I tried to use it as a highlight on my brow bone and again within a few hours it was gone, just glittery looking. I don't care for it.

on 2/22/2011 5:06:00 PM

this product is great for an eye highliter or highliter on your cheeks, love the shimmer!

on 1/30/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! I thought I couldn't use this this because I don't like my skin texture at the moment, and I'm acne prone, and I thought it wouldn't apply well over concealer and powder. I didn't want it to remove my "perfect, flawless" face of powder. I always use it to apply in the inner corners of my eyes, and it makes them look mesmerizing!!! I'm fair, NW20, and this color is beautiful, whitish gold on. I also apply it above my cupids bow, above my top lip. And then....I started using my finger, and just dabbing it on my cheeks ontop of my powder! It didn't remove the powder foundation at all!!!! I then apply Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip Rosy Glow ontop of it, and it adheres to it lovely and lasts ALL day. I love it! I then stipple blush (Bobbie Brown Pale Pink) to define my cheekbones more. My skin is just glowing!!! SO many uses for this creme base, and no problems at all. Oh, I also put it under my browbone to highlight. I have even put it on my lipe as a lipstick to go with a smokey eyes.

on 1/24/2011 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if it's just me and my general skintype (normal/dry), but this product doesn't seem to work on me. When my face is dry this doesn't show up at all and when it's a bit less dry it shows up but with a very subtle barely there sheen. However, I won't judge this product just yet, because I think the main reason it didn't work on me was that it's winter and my skin is dry and dehydrated + I'm pale (NW 15)
I will try this again several times before I give up on it, cause I've heard positive things about it.

I tried this product again after moisturizing with an Estee Lauder hydrating cream and it worked awesome! It gave me this natural, subtle, almost wet pearl glow and it made my cheeks glow when I turned my head to the side.
Lovely product, but use a moisturizer before putting it on cause it doesn't look as good on dry skin.

on 1/23/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after hearing about it on Kandee Johnson's channel. I'm a fair redhead with freckles, and this is the perfect highlighter. Slightly off-white with a nice shimmer that isn't too cool or too warm, and no big disco glitter chunks. Just a light, subtle shimmer. I use this on my cheekbones and sometimes on my brow bone & nose. Not too overpowering for daytime and could be built up some for more dramatic evening wear. Lasts all day and doesn't turn oily. Definite my HG highlighter!

on 1/19/2011 6:48:00 PM

i love this so much! i bought it with the intention of using it as a cheekbone highlight (which i do) but it also works great as an eyeshadow base or just to brighten up my whole eye area! its great for highlighting anywhere on your face! just a little dab with your fingers and your left with a beautiful glow. its incredible!

Top Rated MAC Products