September 2, 2014 | 1954 users online

Palettes - MAC - Pro Colour Palette/Small Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Ansje

I have a half a dozen of these - perfect for arrangeing your fave eye combos and the clear lid makes them easy to identify. I'll purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Darkholmme

I love this palette--4 colors are perfect for making one "look," or grouping color schemes. It fits well in a makeup bag or even a tiny evening bag. I like the ridges on the inside, which lets you take out a pan in case you want to change colors. The size fits well with other eyeshadows (such as milani). The construction is sturdy and sleek. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a magnetic back. Unless you get the pro pans (and how many of us actually live near a MAC pro/freestanding store?), you need to buy magnetic tape separately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You could never ask for a better eyeshadow palette. Holds everything securely, looks sleek and holds a lot. Another winner from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2005 7:44:00 PM More reviews by amillion3147

I got my first palette today and an very pleased with my purchase. I got it off of ebay as I do not live near a pro store. The case is slim and I wll have no problem with traveling with as many eyeshadow palettes I want. So much better than those plastic small tubs of shadow. It is very convient to carry one eyeshadow look or several in one compact. Next I will have to scour ebay for the pans as they are cheaper than the tubs. I had to depot my shadows but current shadows and bought 1 inch magnets to stick on the back. Now I am off to ebay to buy more palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2005 5:01:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just LOVE having this. Such a neat and compact way to store all my beloved aforementioned Milani eyeshadows to perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by christielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great idea from MAC! You can be like me and group your fave e/s by colors, either in a 15 pallete or a 4 pan quad. Wonderful and it's a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bluphonics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I prefer my eyeshadows in groups since I buy groups to go together and this helps me keep things organized. Slim and compact, alot easier to carry that 4 tubs. I only have the 4x and not the 15x so I'm not sure how big the 15 is, but my 4 fits well in a small makeup case in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ravenswing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. It's the only one I have but will buy more in the future. It's slim, magnetic and perfect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only have one of these, Since I have so many MAC shadows (200 atleast) I have switched to 15 pans but I keep a 4 around to carry whatever shadows I end up using with me in my purse. Wonderful, convienint product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lldemosthenesll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love paletting, and MAC's eye shadow palettes are by far the best I've encountered. They come in two sizes (4 pan and 15 pan), and are only available at a MAC freestanding/Pro store or through phone orders (1-800-387-6707). Both sizes are magnetized so that the shadows will not fall out when the palette is tilted. When you buy an eye shadow in the pan form rather than the tub, it is pre-magnetized and labeled. When you depot your own shadows, I recommend sticking one on... you can never be too safe.

The 4 pan palette is has some advantages unique to it. First of all, it is more compact and easy to travel with. It also comes with a clear cover so it makes finding the correct colors a breeze. These are the size I recommend for travel. I usually have a darker crease color, a highlighter, liner, and wash color in the 4 pans. Then I never have to scramble around looking for what I need.

The 15 pan palette is great for storage. Originally, these were meant to be for makeup artists; professionals that needed a way to have all of their colors accessible to them at all times. Because of their original intentions, they are not as travel friendly as the 4 pans. If you want to travel with these, I recommend wrapping it in bubble wrap to avoid major impact with hard surfaces. Also, remember to tape a piece of paper on the inside of the palette to hold the eye shadows down while traveling long distances. Having 15 shadows shatter at once isn't a pretty picture. Some people don't like that these palettes do not have a clear cover, and I admit, that would make storage easier, but a simple label (ex: I have mine labeled Neutrals, Greens, Blues, and so forth) fixes that. I have 12 of these palettes right now, and putting makeup on in the morning has never been easier for me. Also, to address the issue brought up by some people that say they wanted a place to put a brush in the palette... Makeup artists use a full arsenal of brushes, and those are usually transported in a brush roll or case; they wouldn't need a compartment with the palette in the first place. Remember, these are meant for storage, not travel. These also don't come with a mirror, but you can buy one inexpensively at a craft store and glue it onto the lid if you want one.

Overall, these palettes have made life so much easier for me. The circles fit all eye shadow pans that are 1" in diameter. MAC (of course), Milani, Jane, Urban Decay, Smashbox, and many other brands fit in here. With MAC's shadows, it is much easier to buy them in the palette form to begin with because they are $9.50 instead of $13.00 and they are pre-magnetized. If you want to depot individual tubs, my favorite method is the hair dryer method (heat the pan with the dryer for about 1 min, then gently press the shadow out onto a soft towel). Hope this review helps... happy paletting! continued >>

36 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No