September 18, 2014 | 949 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KillerTofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROs: I love the creamy lather, and that it's fragrance free. CONs: It's BAR SOAP! Bar soap is notoriously drying (yes, even this "Extra Mild" soap), and the ingredients that keep it in its bar form can clog pores. And it's $11 for incredibly basic soap.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2003 12:31:00 PM More reviews by smile_and_wave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it's soap, it's a bit pricey but it lasts forever. It cleans my face ok, but doesn't budge eye makeup (i know i'm supposed to use a separate product for this but hey, i'm lazy). I also had to educate my boyfriend that this is not for use on your entire body ("do you have any idea what that tiny little bar cost?") which was a challenge.

I'll probably buy another bar, I like the bonuses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried both this and the mild soap for my combination sensitive skin, and out of the two I prefer this one. It is lovely and creamy and lathers well, and my skin was left feeling very soft after moisturising. However, the lady at the Clinique counter told me there was a possibility it could break out my combination skin so I decided not to risk it. Just thought of another minus point- I swiped over with a clarifying lotion after use and there was still dirt on my face. I swiped over my face after using another cleanser (just happened to be Simple's foaming cream cleanser) and no trace... so perhaps these soaps don't clean very well. That probably is the reason Clinique like you to use a pre-soap cleanser in addition to the bar. Plus point- these soaps last a long time- they're HUGE! I quite like the look of them- they're sorta retro. Then again that is probably because Clinique haven't improved them since circa 1950!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by cheryhouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've got combo skin and i swear this is just like soap, very drying! it stripped all the moisture right outta my skin only after 2 washes! oh goodness.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 6:03:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Don't do it!!! Even though it says "extra mild", this soap is a pore-clogging disaster just waiting to happen. Not a pretty sight.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made a HUGE mess of my skin. It made my skin feel oily yet it was dry at the same time. It also sting my face and made my skin really flaky. My skin is clear 99% of the time but after using this my skin looked awful. It was a total waste of money and it ended up going straight to the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by canipej

I have extremely sensitive skin, but this soap works very well. It's the only foaming product that I've ever been able to use that doesn't irritate my skin. I keep waiting for the GWP size that I have to run out, but it's lasting for months. An expensive product, but will last a very long time, so in the end it's economical.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2003 11:11:00 AM More reviews by annelau

There's nothing good at all.
But plenty of minus:
Leaded to allergy and break out
Not mild
Dehydrated my skin
Smells weird
I won't buy it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Clinique products faithfully since I was in my teens. I cleansed, toned, and moisturized but my acne seemed to get worse and worse. My skin often burned and felt tight. While I was on Accutane, my Dermotologist gave me samples of Cetaphil, and my face looked and felt better. Now, 3 years later, anytime I go back to using one of the Clinique bar soaps, my skin goes nuts. If you have sensitive skin beware of this stuff - it will ruin your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by SonnySuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous post. I love this soap & stock up on it at bonus time. If you like bar soap, this is all you'll ever need. Why Clinique pushes the "mild" version I don't know unless you're trully oily, but for everyone else who is normal, combo, dry, even oily, young, or old, this is it!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No