April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I have this shadow is because I found the shadowy lady quad @ the cco and was dying to try it. I purchased it thinking that I would luv the dark matte eggplant color thats shadowy lady is supposed to be. But on my skintone it was a mess. It came off as looking ruddy and just wrong. The worst part was not even the color its the texture. It is so cakey and dry and sooo hard to blend. I don't know if the quality of the shadow was compromised b/c it was @ the cco or b/c its in a quad & not a single pan but it just didn't work for me. The only good thing is I luv all the other colors in the palette esp Deep Truth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright so I got this in the Shadowy Lady quad...and I actually didn't really care about this shade and was more interested in the others. Although Shadowy Lady look like a dark plum...it really does not apply that way. On my pale skin even swatching the color it appears to be a muddy brownish black color.

It is not the best at applying, and isn't as smooth as much as I like my shadows to be. It seriously is not unique at all...and this is the only shadow that I cracked when I was traveling, frankly I'm not sad about that, only sad that my palate doesn't look perfect anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by upnadam

its a deep purple/ plum/ burgundy.
goes well with any colour i think, especialy purples and browns . i love to use it as an alternative to black because it is so dark and it it is realy nice for a smokey eye or as a liner it realy makes brown eyes pop.
i also realy like this as a dark lip colour!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shadowy Lady is a dark-ish purple in the pan, but I find that when applied onto the skin it becomes more of a brownish-black. It is a very unusual colour. I tend to use it as a liner, for something a little different to black or plain brown. Sometimes I really like Shadowy Lady, other times I consider chucking it. I can't quite put my finger on what I like or don't like about it. I think it would look nice paired with more purpley shadows, but it complements browns quite nicely too. I wouldn't repurchase simply because I don't use it enough to ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by urill3stpinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My everyday eyeshadow! Along with Knight Divine. Great for just a color on the outter V, and a little bit blended into the crease. I LOVE IT! It's a really dark plum color, very very close to black. It's flattering on my skintone, and I hope it never gets discontinued because it's my HG dark smokey looking eyeshadow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I liked the idea of a super dark plum smoky look so I bought this one.The colour you see is a very dark almost black plum color,the color you get it's another story.....First of all the texture is so dry that is very difficult to blend this color.The color has nothing to do with plum colors on my skin at least looks a washed off black color to see the plum color you have to use a microscope.Even with a purple base the color was the same washed off black.The quality is the worst I v ever seen.Major fall out,very difficult to blend,very dry finish,Major creasing problems.Don't even bother buying this you can mix a purple eyeshadow with a black one and there you go!Other wise I m sure that estee lauder has a very similar color I m not 100% sure but I think that is called amethyst if not forgive me but I m sure that Estee Lauder has an exactly same color with quality FAR FAR away better from this one

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty and versatile! I can use this with a light hand for a natural, pretty look or smoke it up to look sexy. Shadowy Lady is a very dark matte plum that is of great quality. I love it. I use it on my lashline and blend upward for a pretty day time look and on my outer v for a nice night time look. I deducted one lipstick because some times it's a little hard to blend, but when it finally is blended it looks beautiful and stunning!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my fav to wear on the outter corners and the crease with stars and rockets on the lid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a shade like MAC Shadowy Lady - I don't have another like it. Something matte and just as dark as an eggplant was what I had in mind.

I used this today in the outer v and crease fading lighter on the way to the inner eye. To blend it out into my highlight I used Trax as an in between and then got a semi - scratchy brush to sweep off the sparkles and got a perfectly plum look that my husband actually liked (he dislikes the color purple).

Granted, It's kinda boring but if you don't have a shade like this already and you like to wear purples pick this up to apply to the crease or outer v, or to layer over a liner to hold the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I have been wearing this so much lately! I wore it to go shopping over Waveline, a navy Fluidline. I smoked out my eye with just this shade and lots of mascara and black pencil on the waterline. I wore it smokey style with this on the lid and blended through the crease and Deep Truth over he iris of the lid. Today I wore it on my lid with Smudged Violet over it. Lovely!