August 20, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by BluePowderpuff

Shadowy Lady is a very dark purple. I love this color as an eyeliner. It really brings out blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

I love MAC but, but some of their shadows r pretty doopable, so i try 2 get colors that i cant find in any other brands, & shadowy lady is 1 of them, so far i didnt find any similar colors 2 it, & its difficult 2 find a true deep matt purple that creats the perfect smoky purple eyes.
Glad that i have it n my collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so.....its not bad i guess...

Its clearly much to dark for an all over lid colour...but if applied to heavy handed would make me look punched in the eye!!!

It came as part of the shadowy lady quad...and frankly no wouldnt get it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

Another deep wonderful MAC e/s for the lover of the smokey eye look! Shadowy Lady is a deep sultry plum that looks almost,but not quite black once applied. This color in the matte2 formulation would've been a dream! It applies nicely for a matte, blends well, and doesn't fade at all throughout the day. This would be complimentary to a variety of colors. It looks great with peach, gold and even better with softer neutrals to make it pop a little more. Definitely great on my brown eyes!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I have this shadow is because I found the shadowy lady quad @ the cco and was dying to try it. I purchased it thinking that I would luv the dark matte eggplant color thats shadowy lady is supposed to be. But on my skintone it was a mess. It came off as looking ruddy and just wrong. The worst part was not even the color its the texture. It is so cakey and dry and sooo hard to blend. I don't know if the quality of the shadow was compromised b/c it was @ the cco or b/c its in a quad & not a single pan but it just didn't work for me. The only good thing is I luv all the other colors in the palette esp Deep Truth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright so I got this in the Shadowy Lady quad...and I actually didn't really care about this shade and was more interested in the others. Although Shadowy Lady look like a dark plum...it really does not apply that way. On my pale skin even swatching the color it appears to be a muddy brownish black color.

It is not the best at applying, and isn't as smooth as much as I like my shadows to be. It seriously is not unique at all...and this is the only shadow that I cracked when I was traveling, frankly I'm not sad about that, only sad that my palate doesn't look perfect anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by upnadam

its a deep purple/ plum/ burgundy.
goes well with any colour i think, especialy purples and browns . i love to use it as an alternative to black because it is so dark and it it is realy nice for a smokey eye or as a liner it realy makes brown eyes pop.
i also realy like this as a dark lip colour!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shadowy Lady is a dark-ish purple in the pan, but I find that when applied onto the skin it becomes more of a brownish-black. It is a very unusual colour. I tend to use it as a liner, for something a little different to black or plain brown. Sometimes I really like Shadowy Lady, other times I consider chucking it. I can't quite put my finger on what I like or don't like about it. I think it would look nice paired with more purpley shadows, but it complements browns quite nicely too. I wouldn't repurchase simply because I don't use it enough to ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by urill3stpinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My everyday eyeshadow! Along with Knight Divine. Great for just a color on the outter V, and a little bit blended into the crease. I LOVE IT! It's a really dark plum color, very very close to black. It's flattering on my skintone, and I hope it never gets discontinued because it's my HG dark smokey looking eyeshadow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I liked the idea of a super dark plum smoky look so I bought this one.The colour you see is a very dark almost black plum color,the color you get it's another story.....First of all the texture is so dry that is very difficult to blend this color.The color has nothing to do with plum colors on my skin at least looks a washed off black color to see the plum color you have to use a microscope.Even with a purple base the color was the same washed off black.The quality is the worst I v ever seen.Major fall out,very difficult to blend,very dry finish,Major creasing problems.Don't even bother buying this you can mix a purple eyeshadow with a black one and there you go!Other wise I m sure that estee lauder has a very similar color I m not 100% sure but I think that is called amethyst if not forgive me but I m sure that Estee Lauder has an exactly same color with quality FAR FAR away better from this one