Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/9/2011 7:30:00 PM

This is a great overall lid color! it is a nice neutral shade that gives shimmer to your lids and paired with a matte brown in the crease you have got a wonderful combination! I would definitely buy this again, last time i bought it i got it 50% off or so, so if that happens again i will repurchase!

on 6/19/2011 10:24:00 PM

Mink! you are fantastic! This is a mighty close dupe for Mac's Naked Lunch e/s. I don't use this as an eyeshadow, rather I brush this lightly all over my face. It's a lustre formula so there is no obvious shimmer and no glitter. It's a sheer brown, a "wash' really to just liven up my makeup. I love Naked Lunch, but this gives an oomph to my NW25 complexion for the summer. I love it and it's dirt cheap. With a coupon at CVS I actually got this today for $1.50. I will always have this with me!

on 6/19/2011 5:13:00 PM

This is a beautiful goldish,bronze with pink undertones. It has incredible pigmentation and is great for every day wear. i will definatly reperchus!!!

on 6/3/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this on a whim and it ended up on my lids everyday. It's so easy to apply and It makes my green/blue eyes really pop. I got so many compliments on my eyes the first week I wore this! Will purchases again!

on 4/23/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this color, a very pretty color!

on 4/22/2011 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on a craze to hunt down quality drugstore products, and this is definitely one of them! I love Cover Girl's Mink eyeshadow!! It's a gorgeous shimmery pinky/bronzy/champagne/brown. I love neutral eyeshadows and this one definitely one of my faves. It's great for highlighting the eyes' inner corner, or sometimes I like to do a wash of it over my lid to give it a bit of a shine. Pair this with liquid or gel liner and some mascara for a quick, put-together look. Sometimes for a bit more definition, I use a light brown in the crease to deepen it up a bit. My only complaint is that the top layer of the shadow is really hard... they must spray something over it because at first my brush would not pick up any color. Even when I swatched it with my fingers, it wouldn't pick up the shadow and was physically not silky to the touch. So I used one of those teeny razors for shaping your eyebrows to scrape off the top layer, and though it's not as attractive looking anymore, the shadow beneath is super soft and finely milled, perfect for a smooth application. A little work, but hey, for $3.something for a HUGE pan of great eyeshadow, it's definitely, definitely worth it.

on 3/14/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was skeptical at first, too, even after reading all the positive reviews of Mink. I was so hesitant, it took me a few weeks to actually go ahead and purchase it. I am so very happy I did! This is an eye brightening shade that gives tired eyes an instantly awake and almost glowing look. It shows up with some shimmer on my fair/medium skin beautifully, and the shimmer isn't obnoxious enough to forgo wearing this shadow during the daytime. I like to pair this with CG's Forever Fig and Golden Sunrise. I use FF in the crease and apply a sheer layer of GS with a very light hand on my brow bone. (Mad props to emilynoel83 on You Tube for suggesting GS on the brow bone--I would have thought it too gold.)
For day, I like using a dark brown shadow as an eyeliner, but for a more sophisticated look, use black liquid liner with Mink. I will buy this color again for as long as Cover Girl continues to make it.

on 1/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this shadow from Walmart, CAD 3.85+tax. It applies well on the lid but I always use primer underneath it. It is very wearble colour for any occasion. one of my go to shadow when I'm in hurry to get going. You can use this shadow alone, all over your lid with eye liner and mascara, you will still look good.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Oddly, I don't use this as an eyeshadow but as a highlighter. I hate liquid highlighters because they shift my foundation etc. Most of the highlights I've seen are in pink shades which look awful in pictures. There is moon beam from Benefit, but that's too pricey and its liquid.

I love covergirl eyeshadows!

on 1/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

This is a beautiful light bronze/brown/champagne color with a light sheen. Just for reference I have fair skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes.Just purchased this based on all the rave reviews and had to have it. It is very high quality. The pigmentation and staying power is great and comparable or better than department store brands. I have tried everything from Dior to Bobbi Brown to Clinique. I can wear this color alone with just some mascara and it makes for a very pretty natural look. It really brightens up the eye. It is definitely a color you could pair easily with other colors. I used this on my lid and used Forever Fig (another cover girl shadow) in the crease and as a liner and it looked so pretty. I would definfitely repurchase this. It is so inexpensive and will last a long time because you need so little of it to apply to your lid because the pigmentation is great The only negative I can think of about this product is the cheap, bulky case it comes in. But I am willing to put up with that. I would definitely buy this over any department store brand considering the price and quality. Overall it is a very pretty neutral flattering color you can wear a variety of
ways. I am so glad I discovered these shadows and look forward to trying their
other colors.