November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Mink

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first, too, even after reading all the positive reviews of Mink. I was so hesitant, it took me a few weeks to actually go ahead and purchase it. I am so very happy I did! This is an eye brightening shade that gives tired eyes an instantly awake and almost glowing look. It shows up with some shimmer on my fair/medium skin beautifully, and the shimmer isn't obnoxious enough to forgo wearing this shadow during the daytime. I like to pair this with CG's Forever Fig and Golden Sunrise. I use FF in the crease and apply a sheer layer of GS with a very light hand on my brow bone. (Mad props to emilynoel83 on You Tube for suggesting GS on the brow bone--I would have thought it too gold.)
For day, I like using a dark brown shadow as an eyeliner, but for a more sophisticated look, use black liquid liner with Mink. I will buy this color again for as long as Cover Girl continues to make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by najuheeya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this shadow from Walmart, CAD 3.85+tax. It applies well on the lid but I always use primer underneath it. It is very wearble colour for any occasion. one of my go to shadow when I'm in hurry to get going. You can use this shadow alone, all over your lid with eye liner and mascara, you will still look good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oddly, I don't use this as an eyeshadow but as a highlighter. I hate liquid highlighters because they shift my foundation etc. Most of the highlights I've seen are in pink shades which look awful in pictures. There is moon beam from Benefit, but that's too pricey and its liquid.

I love covergirl eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nursebetty

This is a beautiful light bronze/brown/champagne color with a light sheen. Just for reference I have fair skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes.Just purchased this based on all the rave reviews and had to have it. It is very high quality. The pigmentation and staying power is great and comparable or better than department store brands. I have tried everything from Dior to Bobbi Brown to Clinique. I can wear this color alone with just some mascara and it makes for a very pretty natural look. It really brightens up the eye. It is definitely a color you could pair easily with other colors. I used this on my lid and used Forever Fig (another cover girl shadow) in the crease and as a liner and it looked so pretty. I would definfitely repurchase this. It is so inexpensive and will last a long time because you need so little of it to apply to your lid because the pigmentation is great The only negative I can think of about this product is the cheap, bulky case it comes in. But I am willing to put up with that. I would definitely buy this over any department store brand considering the price and quality. Overall it is a very pretty neutral flattering color you can wear a variety of
ways. I am so glad I discovered these shadows and look forward to trying their
other colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I had no idea I would love this so much. I actually got it for free from some company who sent it to be as an incentive for participating or something, I dunno. Anyways, it set untouched for months because I figured it would be too warm and I generally don't like CG shadows.

I finally busted it out and was like ooooh I'm surprised how much I like the color. And I've been wearing it every day now for like 2 weeks lol It is one of the best neutral shimmery shades I've found that isn't overly warm and yet still provides a nice pop of color and definition to eyes. Shimmery and glowy...not frosty...lasts well. I wish I would have tried this sooner!

The downside is CG shadows quickly get that hard layer on top. It has happened to me every one I've tried, regardless if I keep anything that has had contact with skin oils, etc off of it or not. It means I hafta kind scrub my brush into the product to pick up a decent amoutn.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by violaceousdaisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very pretty color. It is a great eyeshadow to use when you are in a hurry because it looks so great by itself. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sfaithj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with everyone- this color is gorgeous! I love wear Mink with lots of mascara and a pretty lipstick. Such a pretty and easy look! I was able to score Mink half off ($1.80)- what a deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. I use this more than anything I have in eyeshadow. It goes great on cheeks, in fact-I'd not apply anything other blush because this is great on its own. The packaging doesn't bother me but it's not the best. Deff repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow! Its my top 5 fav lid colors. Its a rather unique shadow (mink and tapestry taupe) theyre multi dimensional meaning depending on where u place the shadow, the tone/effect changes. Meaning this is a great bronzey pinky champange color lighter on lid then when placed in the crease the more browny bronze red tones are brought out then if placed on browbone with a big fluffy brush lightly its a gorgeous golden color. Its worth every 300 pennies or less. U get alot of shadow in the pan and for all the uses u can get outta 1 shadow, its incredible. I find it to be close to mac expensive pink or paradisco only a tiny bit darker? I could be wrong. Either way, it applies easily, not hard (with all DS shadows i find that whatever they spray the top with ruins that layer, the further down the better it becomes) its a soft texture, i find it has a sheen or a semi-matte finish depending where its placed. Its perfect! I will def rebuy when i ever run out. I do reach 4 it alot in my huge collection of shadows. Give it a try, i think its a drugstore gem! Wait for a bogo sale, pick up this and tapestry taupe, both amazing!
The great guru Emilynoel on youtube has a tutorial using just this shadow and she taught me how multi-dimensional it really is. She does a whole eye look with just 'mink' its great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is quickly turning into my grab and go shadow. I tend to wear this under bare study pp. It is a great all over lid colour. I tend to slap it on and run. I think that it has just the right amount of shimmer, and it looks great for anyone who had blue eyes. I really think it's a great shadow for anyone to own.