October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytonectar Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by primflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really dont care for this shampoo. I have very dry, thick, coarse, frizzy hair and this was recommended to me for my hair type.
It does smell gorgeous, but it leaves my hair feeling like straw.
I find the phyto range very high maintenance in that you are supposed to leave the poo on for a few minutes. Who has time for that every time they shampoo?I dont.

This is a very expensive product, and it really does not work on my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by redhotcocobean

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm hooked on Phyto!!
I've tried the Phytojoba and Phytocitrus shampoo but this is my favorite.I have relaxed,color treated hair that has always been very dry,the first time I used this it left my hair smooth and silky.I'm always complimented on how healthy my hair looks.It's soft,shiney and full of bounce~worth every penny!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 8:44:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Once again I had high hopes for a shampoo! Luckily this came as a bonus with a conditioner. The glass bottle is horrible and the shampoo not much better. I used it exactly as the directions stated, however, my hair was tangled and felt like straw after rinsing. I had to use double the amount of conditioner to comb through my hair. Definately not for me, so my advice is to sample first as it MIGHT work if you don't have dry hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I really don't know what to make of this product. The smooth, thick texture w/the botanicals would indicate a product that leaves one's hair rather moisturized or at least soft. I evenleft it on a few minutes like the instructions suggested. It left my relaxed hair very matted, though not necessary dry. I think for dry hair, you have to follow w/ some type of detangler or moisturizing conditioner. Think I'll go back to Aveda's Sap Moss.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Pronuptia

Excellent, wonderful, brilliant shampoo! My long, dry, highlighted hair hasn't felt this soft and bouncy in a looong time. The Phytonectar shampoo is so rich I need to use less than my regular drugstore shampoos, and I get a nice, rich -- not voluminous, but rich -- lather. I massage it in very well, and leave it on for the duration of my shower before rinsing. I don't need any conditioner afterwards, except maybe a tiny dab of Phyto 9 on my ends. The smell is very jasmine-y, which isn't my favourite, but I can live with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ExquisiteSiren

I happen to adore the smell of this shampoo and look forward to using it each morning. Though...I HATE the fact that it doesn't lather practically AT ALL and the doesn't help much since my hair is long. Very thick, nectar like substance. Some days it makes my hair lovely and soft, and some days it makes my hair as dry as the Sahara desert. I have still not decided if all the wax in this shampoo is good for your hair shaft either...And the bottle scares the life out of me that one day it will fall on my foot and cut my toes open....Will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by iceblue123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my two favorite shampoos. The other is Bain Satin 3 by Kerastase. The first time I tried this shampoo, my hair was much more tangled than usual. I almost made up my mind never to use it again. But when I saw how shiny my hair was when it dried, I kept using it and after the second or third time, I had no problems with tangling. Kind of weird. Anyway, the shampoo smells good and it is very, very thick. It doesn't lather very much, especially if your hair is oily. I sometimes shampoo twice and it bursts up into a huge lather the second time. The glass bottle, although cute and expensive looking, isn't really practical. It has dropped twice in the shower and gave me a good scare but it never cracked or broke. All in all I think it's a really good shampoo. It's very gentle and leaves my hair really shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dollchild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With Phyto products, I find that it's either hit or miss. And this shampoo is definitely a miss.

I've given it a chance twice, a couple of years apart, and each time it left my overprocessed hair drier than ever. I'm not crazy about the smell, either; a friend of mine always says it smells like "sea plants" -- whatever that means.

Just recently had this shampoo used at my salon, and didn't realize it till it was too late. My waist-length hair was so matted after the shampoo that it had to be conditioned twice and took about 15 minutes to comb out!

Phyto 9, Phytocitrus Mask, and Phytonectar (the oil) are fabulous. But this one is literally more damaging to my hair than Prell!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by californiabunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was pretty bad all around. I hate the packaging, it comes in a heavy glass bottle. I actually dropped it in the shower, it did not brake, but gave me a good scare. I didn't really care for the smell, it smells like jasmine, and I like jasmine, but not in this. Phytonectar also left my hair feeling very dry and brittle. This is expensive and does not work. I would never repurchase this. Kerastase is much better for dry,damaged, color treated, thick curly/wavy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by spanky1118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(This review is for Phytonectar the pre-shampoo treatment). This is fantastic. I purchased it for use on a beach vacation - last year my long hair was fried from the sun and ocean. It comes in a pump bottle and you apply it to your hair - it is like a very thick oil. Apparently it has soybean, safflower and egg oil in it. Then you shampoo after a bit. It has made my hair look fantastic - bouncy and shiny. I still use it before every shampoo. Recommended for: hair that is long, dry, or colored.