MAC Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

4.1

This is considered very bold for me. I got it with the Holiday 2005 lip trend kit. I love the shimmer and the shade is very nice, but I prefer to top it with a lighter gloss to lighten the color a bit. I'm trying to work with it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

DARK frosty red with a hint of brown with overlayed with tons of gold glitter. The glitter is what gets to me, it is a little gritty when i rub my lips together. Still, this is so pretty and "jewel-like". I really like it but will only wear it on a really special night out (too frightened to wear this kind of red in the day time) :) lol For reference i'm an asian nc30 yellow/olive gal!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot get enough of this lipstick! Bold, metallic brick brown red with flecks of gold shimmer, this color is quickly becoming one of my favorites, especially for fall but I could easily wear this all year long simply because I ADORE the one of a kind shade this is, like a vintage matte movie star red while at the same time ultra modern. A very unique shade and I would highly recommend if you're in the mood to make a statement.

Like a previous reviewer, I wish I could give this 3 1/2 lippies. This is gorgeous but I just don't have many occasions to wear it. I'm an MMM/GGG and this brownish/red shows as a true medium red to me, sometimes fading to an orangey/pink red, with golden sparkles. It is a truly pretty shade but the sparkles make this a little too show-stopping for me to wear a lot (I work in a casual law office where a little sparkle is usually ok). And though red/brown is one of my favorite everyday lip shades, Fresh Moroccan, with its sparkles and its tendency to looking lighter-than-a-neutral-brown/red on me, is just too much of an "only for rare special occasions or outfits" lipstick for me to consider this all that great. I love putting on this stunning color, and I love the trademark MAC vanilla scent too, but I don't think I can say I love WEARING this out, I just put it on, admire it, and wish that I could actually wear it out somewhere.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

'Oh, wow'. Those were the exact words that my BF said when I put this color on for the first time. And I'd have to agree with him. This color seems to have been made for me. For the record, I'm a NW15 with dark auburn hair. I look pretty good in deep red lip colors, but this is one of the prettiest reds I've ever worn. Fresh Moroccan is a brownish red with lots of bronze sparkle. This color on me just looks exotic, not exotic dancer exotic, just kind of mysterious and very sexy. I donít find it all that similar to O (also one of my faves). The sparkle in Fresh Moroccan is glitter, albeit small glitter and the base is a slightly warm, matte brick. O, on me anyways, is a definite plum red with a gold/bronze sheen; itís more of a metallic shimmer as opposed to glitter. However, I can see the comparison in that theyíre both very pretty.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a really nice,unique color. it looks kind of orangey in the tube, but comes off a little redder, and not too warm when applied. it looks great when mixed with a light frosty gloss, i use stila pink shine

Shade description

From MAC website: A real rich brick with a golden shimmer (Frost)
Myself: A dark raspberry with gold shimmer with a maroon undertone and a dark pink edge :D. Yes, it's a beautiful colour!

Comments

I've wanted to try this for ages, and I'm glad I have! I haven't tried 'O', so I won't be able to compare the two lipsticks.

Fresh Moroccan is a festive red lip colour which isn't too bold, isn't too red, and is seriously just nice for a sophisticated red lip shade. Fresh Moroccan, to my eyes, is a neutral red. I wouldn't say this is Hollywood Gwen-Stefani Red. It isn't quite so bold. Still, this is a must-have for anyone who loves reds. I can see this working for a wide range of skintones!

My coloring

Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. continued >>

This is a beautiful red shade on me! It's much like "O" but warmer with more bronze/copper to it. I usually can't wear shades like this but luckily this one works on me. It has a beautiful goldish shimmer for me. It will be perfect for the holiday season.

Because of my skin tone, Fresh Moroccan is an ideal red for me. I'm asian, but my skin varies a lot depending on how often I make it to the beach, so I need a very versatile lipstick in order to keep up with my skin tone, and Fresh Moroccan does a great job! It is a reddish, copper tone on me, with a slight metallic shine to it. I pair it with its perfect match: Lancome's Rasinberry lipliner so my lips look flawless. Using liner, I've never experienced any feathering. I usually reapply lipstick very often out of habit, so I don't really know if it fades a lot. This is a strong color, so I'd suggest using it with a classic neutral look for your eyes. Fresh Moroccan will do the rest. :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a lipstick I didn't like at first but now love. I didn't like it because I thought it was too orange-red for my skin tone and generally stayed away from warm toned lipsticks.But having accepted that I am actually warm toned, I fell in love with this orange red shade.

Recommended for Medium Skin