L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 5/28/2011 1:41:00 AM

Despite all of the bad reviews on here, this is my favorite self-tanner I have ever tried (and trust me, i've tried tons). To clarify, I use the tinted tanning lotion in medium natural tan. I am really lazy about using self tanners so I don't usually exfoliate before I put it on, but I do put lotion on my dry patches. I have not had any major problems with streaking, although I have had some splotches but that was due to my carelessness. I am on my third bottle of this, and the only reason I take off a lippie is because I HATE the new smell, and they could tone down the glitter a little bit.
I use this about once a week to get a full tan, and then mix a little in with my lotion for upkeep. I have gotten so many compliments about how glowy I look, and all of my friends were shocked when I told them it was fake.
Soo no real complaints from me.

on 5/25/2011 11:25:00 PM

DISGUSTING! It's very goo-ey, sticky, doesn't go on evenly. It has WAY too much glitter in it, made me look like a disco ball. Barely gave me any color. Absolutely one of the worst products I have ever tried.

on 5/17/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love the color it gave me! VERY bronze !!! but it was very blotchy around my ankles and on my feet and hands. It also took forever too dry & it was very sticky. Also it doesnt last long.

on 5/16/2011 7:09:00 AM

Having used self tanners for several years , I would have thought a trusted brand like L'Oreal would have got it together in terms of delivering a quality product at a top price but I was wrong. So disappointed with this streaky product.AVOID.

on 5/6/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not new to self-tanners, and I am very good at prepping my skin and applying them. I get a nice, even color when I use self-tanning lotion, and no one ever suspects my tan is fake. All that changed when I tried this. I ended up with my lower legs being two different colors, streaks on my forearms, almost no color on the tops of my hands, and glitter all over. I was embarrassed to go to work today, and my husband telling me I have a sickly yellowish cast to my face did not help. I will never, ever buy this product again, nor do I recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

orange... is all i have to say.

on 5/1/2011 3:28:00 PM

I use this tanner with no problems this is my second year of use. I never have streaking or blotches.
My Prep:
I do not exfoliate before use. I do use a different method where I lightly lotion up first paying attention to my hands, ankles, knees, and joints so I don't get extra color in those spots. I rub in regular lotion on my hands so they do not absorb the product and turn color.

Application:
Shake the bottle well. Starting with about a quarter size dollop for each leg, squeeze it out onto your palm and then rub palm side of hands together lightly once, or twice in a circle then start smoothing it on. Hint: I do this so the color in the product is stirred together before going onto my skin. Start on your high thigh rubbing in overlapping circles and work your way down the leg careful not to rub it all in one spot - think this amount is going to cover your whole leg. Lightly smooth and cover the whole leg before you really rub it in. You can always put on another layer. For arms start with a smaller dollop - stay away from your elbows, wrist and finger joints. It is best to scrub your hands in between the arms and the legs application. When I use on my chest I use a very small amount so it looks natural. Recoat with lotion on your hands before moving on to the other body part.

Misc:
I never have turned orange but I do not pile this product on - I am patient and know that if I go slow I will get a great result with a natural looking color. I have used Tan Towel and a few other brands and I did not get as good a result. This product has a smell but not as strong as some others. It does have very light glitter in it, but I kind of like that glistening. It does have bronzer in it so you have some immediate color make sure it is dry before you put your clothes on!

on 4/29/2011 2:59:00 PM

I thought I looked awesome when I put this product on!....then I took a shower and had the worst splotching of my life. I exfoliated before I used this product and not 1 body part looked normal after I showered. It wouldn't be so bad if it easily scrubbed off but I was lobster red trying to get it off. The color was not orange on me but the splotching is awful. I don't know what to do with this product now so in the garbage it goes.

on 4/29/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I used this Self Tanner about 2 years ago, it gave a nice tan but... the color was really uneven color and it washing off the next day. After shower, my skin started to become all spotty and the towel was the worst. For this reason I used it only for legs but honestly.. sometimes I looked like a clown.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the worst self tanners on the market. I bought it because I ran out of true blue spa bronze bombshell, which I believe has been discontinued, thinking that it would give me an even instant tan. I put it on at night after exfoliating and it looked fairly even, when I woke up the tan was streaky orange all over including on my face, and it's taken six days of exfoliating and not applying any kind of tanner to get back to an even color. The smell is awful and also take's days to get rid of. I would not buy this product again. The only upside to this product is that the packaging is easy to use, and I liked the glitter.