April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Loose Powders - Cle de Peau - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 2:31:00 AM More reviews by angmo

This is the most exquisite loose powder ever. Superbly milled, soft, and light. Although it appears pink in the tub, it gives a translucent shimmery finish. I couldnt detect any pinkish cast/shade on my makeup. This powder is so light and fine that the puff could only pick up a sheer layer of powder each time. Therefore no powdery effect. The powder doesnt even clump in the container. I wished they would improve the look of its packaging though ... very boring & old fashioned.

Update Sept 2006: Doesnt control shine effectively.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 1:43:00 AM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Received this in a swap...OMG my search is over for translucent face powder!!!
Feels incredible on the skin...melds into skin doesn't set on top of skin, such a beautiful flawless look. The cost is outrageous, and I am glad I won't have to shell out the money for a while...but when the time comes, I certainly will!!!
Edit: 12/15/05...if you are oily at all, this does minimal for oil:((
I am not oily but occ. t-zone and chin...you must re-apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

You MUA ladies know what you're talking about. I asked my C de P rep for a sample of this because I had such stellar reviews. And -WOW! The texture is exquisite, and even though it does look quite pink, it goes on light and translucent and does not emphasize my pink undertones. It sets my makeup without looking chalky and tones down the shine without it making it look too matte. This stuff is wonderful -except for the price, of course.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although it's awfully expensive I will keep buying it for the polished divine look it gives to my skin. Love the powder, it feels like an airy silk on the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lvyellow

Awesome powder! This product only comes in one color and seems really pink but when you put it on (it comes with a puff) it goes on sheer and translucent. You can use this for pretty much anything. I just started using a face moisturizer with a high sunscreen that leaves a sheen but I just put the powder over it and it creates a matte finish. This also sets your foundation wonderfully and for those of you that have oily skin, this would work great. It's pretty expensive but it lasts a long time. You only need several dabs to cover your whole face. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder as much as the Cle de Peau powder compact...which is a whole lot! The texture is simply exquisite. So finely milled and soft, it just melts right into your skin...leaving you with a no powder look, only gorgeous looking skin. The con is that it is ridiculously expensive. However, it really lasts a long time, even if you use it a few times a day. Also, I'm not sure if multiple colors are available, but the translucent shade I have is definitely on the pink side (in the container, but goes on, well, translucent.) This isn't an issue for pale and pink me, but may be an issue for other gals. Also, I don't really wear foundation, so not sure how it would wear over different foundations. I did find it worked well over concealor. Still, I find the stuff so heavenly, I have to highly advise all makeup addicted ladies to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by timbuktu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is nothing better on the market when it comes to setting your foundation. Light as air and undetectable on the skin, this powder is utterly amazing. Just pat it on over your foundation with the puff and flick off any excess with a large, fluffy brush. Voilą, your makeup looks completely flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 12:20:00 AM More reviews by fortunatecookie

This is most finely milled loose powder I have ever tried. Does not have a strong scent and looks very natural upon application. If you want the best loose powder, this is the one I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! Leaves a beautiful flawless 'soft focus' finish and controls my oilies...one of the best powders I've tried....Edited to add that I used this on my friend who has a much darker skintone and it went on translucent on her as well. She was very nervous when I showed her this pink/white powder but once she tried it...she loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bonnie_71979

I did not want to like the Cle de Peau line because it is soooo expensive. That said- after I took the plunge with the concealer, I bought their foundation, and then I bought the powder. Loved my first 2 purchases, and love the translucent loose powder. This powder does appear quite pink in its tub. I have medium-fair skin and this powder makes my skin look brighter and fantastic. I live in Florida, and if I know I'm going to be outside for an extended period I just dust on a little more powder than usual and all my makeup stays put and looks dewy hours later. This powder never looks cakey on me- it just makes my skin look fabulous. My HG, and I will buy it for the rest of my life!
Edit: I need to be more discriminating when it comes to giving out HGs! This is a great powder, but I think it did leave me w/ a pinkish cast, and therefore made me look more pale. I'm now loving the Chanel loose powder.