July 22, 2014 | 2273 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by luvhunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely looove this iron! I have been through about 5 irons now and this one is by far the best! It heats up in seconds, and I don't have to use the highest setting to straighten my hair! Usually with other straighteners, I have to use the highest heat setting since I have long, thick, wavy hair. I don't know why people don't recommend this straightener for long hair because I think it works great on mine. It straightens in about 10 minutes max!

This straightener does get intensely hot however and I recommend leaving it on top of a heat-protective pad so you don't burn the counter, like I did! lol
It's so hot that one time I accidentally placed my palm on the sides of it and even though I barely touched it, it left me with the most painful scar that lasted 2 weeks! So this straightener is definitely one of the hottest ones I've ever used!

I think the price is pretty reasonable if you compare it with other top brands. After seeing my shiny, silky hair, my sister uses it, my roommate use it, and a few other friends as well. It's truly the best straightener i've had and unlike the others, this one leaves my hair feelings silky smooth and it actually feels healthier. The condition of my hair is not as damaged but when I use other straighteners, it feels like it's being fried. I have used TrueCeramicPro, Corioliss, a generic ceramic straightener, and the Titanium iron. HAI is the way to go!!! I would never change! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BABAA

i just bought the Hai Nu Stik and its AWESOME!! better than the Babyliss pro that always snags my hair plus i get lifetime warranty on it!! glides on hair and makes it really glossy used with biosilk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The cord is way too long. It always, always gets tangled. The performance of the flat iron, however, is really great. I think Sedu might be better cus the plates feel more rubbery. HAI is more economical ($80) and works pretty well. I'm sticking to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Paula46202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love my Hai flat iron. No comparison to the Conair I had been using. The Hai heats up in 20 seconds and makes my dry, coarse medium-length hair look healthy and shiny in less than 5 minutes. I do need to use it on the highest setting (about 385 degrees). I bought it on Ebay for about half price-- it voids the warranty if bought on Ebay- but I haven't had any problems with it after about a month of using. It doesn't have an automatic shut-off (I was surprised most don't)- so I bought a small $5.00 plastic-looking hot pad at Target - to set it on. Anyway- highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

I would buy this again if it broke 15 times. I love everything about this iron. It's very lightweight, temperature is adjustable, easy to clamp, cord is long, hair never catches in it. And the price is great compared to alot of other irons. Actually you can save some money and get it on ebay for around $50.

The person who said it took alot of passes over each section of hair either had a defective iron or they set it on too low heat. I put mine on the highest setting & I can do my whole head in about 20 passes (less than 10 minutes). And I have a ton of wavy/frizzy hair. My old iron took about 100 by comparison.

I'm devoted to my HAI Convertable forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by BrezoFleur

I love my straightener. It doesn't damage my hair, makes it smooth, and it lasts! I have curly/wavy hair and by the end of the day, my hair usually ends up back up in the springs. Not with this! I have the covertable HAI and it's definitely a wonderful product that heats fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by lbronzo

I love this straightener. I went from having a crappy Con-air, to a damaging Hot Tools, to THIS! it truly makes a difference. i've used chi's several times but i really think that the hai is better. plus its cheaper. in combination with the chi silk infusion, it's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by jasamie

Until about a couple of weeks ago, I was using a random brand from Sally's (2-3 yrs). I was always curious about using a high-end brand, like chi, but couldn't justify the price. However, the Sally iron became frustrating to use-- I had to go down the same section of hair several times before obtaining the results I wanted and my hair ended up looking parched and dry. Plus, my hair ended up getting frizzy outdoors-- what a waste of effort!! I was ready to shelf out the money for a better brand. I hadn't known about hai until reading the reviews here and noticed they surpassed the reviews of the chi iron by just a tad. I absolutely LOVE the results!! I only have to go through a section of hair once, which saves me time. Also, my hair now remains straight, without frizzes/dryness in all weather and until I wash it out (daily).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by smith2la

Before purchasing this product a few weeks ago I was using a Revlon (I think) two-in-one flat iron/curling iron, which was OK until I dropped it and it cracked right down the center. After reading quite positive reviews on this site I decided to go with the HAI convertable 1-1/4 Flat Iron. It definitely lives up to it's reputation! I paid $54 plus shipping on Ebay, which is about what other reviewers paid through that site. It heats up right away and it is able to be set up to 400 (degrees). It is light and easy to use, not awkward at all. At first I didn't know if 1-1/4 was big enough as I have wavy mid-back length hair, but after using I am quite satisfied with the size. It takes no more than ten minutes to straighten all my hair and after it looks healthier and shinier. My boyfriend even asked me to try it on his hair and he was impressed with the results. At the end of the day I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by zayala

I've had this iron for 2 years now? Bought it discounted through a friend who does hair~ Def the best iron I've ever used hands dowm. I have not tried any of the other higher end brands but this one is absolutely perfect- Perfect size, heats up fast and glides smooooth through my hair. I can say after this I can never go back to those cheapo irons, you know what I'm talking about, what a nightmare~ believe me Ive tried them all! Just hoping this thing will keep its juice for a good long while :D If not? I'd def re-purchase.