Solano HAI Convertable Flat Iron

4.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is really an excellent flat iron. I have naturally curly hair that is past my shoulders. I've used flat irons by FHI, Solia, T3, CHI and HAI.... my absolute hands-down favorite is the Chi Turbo but I will be honest say the HAI Convertable is really an excellent flat iron at a fabulous price. It gets my hair smooth, shiny, swingy and bouncy in only a single pass. I don't have to go over the same section of hair multiple times... just once and my hair looks great. The results are DEFINITELY BETTER THAN THE SOLIA which some people seem to love but I think it's just an average iron. Based on the results for my hair, he HAI Convertable iron is far superior to the Solia, that is for sure!!! This is a very nice iron for curling too. If you don't know how to curl with a flat iron, check out YouTube for some good video-tutorials. I've seen this iron for $50 on ebay and $75 on Folica.com - I would recommend this iron to anyone who wants good performance without the huge price tag! I would repurchase.

wow my stylist used this & i was shocked how soft & silky & smooth and stick straight it made my hair. my hair texture seems transformed after using this & its stood up a lot of humidity w/o any silicone products. I was using a solia before but i'm now switching to the hai convertable!

I absolutely looove this iron! I have been through about 5 irons now and this one is by far the best! It heats up in seconds, and I don't have to use the highest setting to straighten my hair! Usually with other straighteners, I have to use the highest heat setting since I have long, thick, wavy hair. I don't know why people don't recommend this straightener for long hair because I think it works great on mine. It straightens in about 10 minutes max!

This straightener does get intensely hot however and I recommend leaving it on top of a heat-protective pad so you don't burn the counter, like I did! lol
It's so hot that one time I accidentally placed my palm on the sides of it and even though I barely touched it, it left me with the most painful scar that lasted 2 weeks! So this straightener is definitely one of the hottest ones I've ever used!

I think the price is pretty reasonable if you compare it with other top brands. After seeing my shiny, silky hair, my sister uses it, my roommate use it, and a few other friends as well. It's truly the best straightener i've had and unlike the others, this one leaves my hair feelings silky smooth and it actually feels healthier. The condition of my hair is not as damaged but when I use other straighteners, it feels like it's being fried. I have used TrueCeramicPro, Corioliss, a generic ceramic straightener, and the Titanium iron. HAI is the way to go!!! I would never change! continued >>

i just bought the Hai Nu Stik and its AWESOME!! better than the Babyliss pro that always snags my hair plus i get lifetime warranty on it!! glides on hair and makes it really glossy used with biosilk

The cord is way too long. It always, always gets tangled. The performance of the flat iron, however, is really great. I think Sedu might be better cus the plates feel more rubbery. HAI is more economical ($80) and works pretty well. I'm sticking to it.

Love my Hai flat iron. No comparison to the Conair I had been using. The Hai heats up in 20 seconds and makes my dry, coarse medium-length hair look healthy and shiny in less than 5 minutes. I do need to use it on the highest setting (about 385 degrees). I bought it on Ebay for about half price-- it voids the warranty if bought on Ebay- but I haven't had any problems with it after about a month of using. It doesn't have an automatic shut-off (I was surprised most don't)- so I bought a small $5.00 plastic-looking hot pad at Target - to set it on. Anyway- highly recommend!

I would buy this again if it broke 15 times. I love everything about this iron. It's very lightweight, temperature is adjustable, easy to clamp, cord is long, hair never catches in it. And the price is great compared to alot of other irons. Actually you can save some money and get it on ebay for around $50.

The person who said it took alot of passes over each section of hair either had a defective iron or they set it on too low heat. I put mine on the highest setting & I can do my whole head in about 20 passes (less than 10 minutes). And I have a ton of wavy/frizzy hair. My old iron took about 100 by comparison.

I'm devoted to my HAI Convertable forever!

I love my straightener. It doesn't damage my hair, makes it smooth, and it lasts! I have curly/wavy hair and by the end of the day, my hair usually ends up back up in the springs. Not with this! I have the covertable HAI and it's definitely a wonderful product that heats fast.

I love this straightener. I went from having a crappy Con-air, to a damaging Hot Tools, to THIS! it truly makes a difference. i've used chi's several times but i really think that the hai is better. plus its cheaper. in combination with the chi silk infusion, it's amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Until about a couple of weeks ago, I was using a random brand from Sally's (2-3 yrs). I was always curious about using a high-end brand, like chi, but couldn't justify the price. However, the Sally iron became frustrating to use-- I had to go down the same section of hair several times before obtaining the results I wanted and my hair ended up looking parched and dry. Plus, my hair ended up getting frizzy outdoors-- what a waste of effort!! I was ready to shelf out the money for a better brand. I hadn't known about hai until reading the reviews here and noticed they surpassed the reviews of the chi iron by just a tad. I absolutely LOVE the results!! I only have to go through a section of hair once, which saves me time. Also, my hair now remains straight, without frizzes/dryness in all weather and until I wash it out (daily).

Top Rated Solano Products