Dior Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

4.3

Lanolin, Aqua (Water), Parrafinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol , Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Geraniol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had a gift card for Macy's and decided to splurge on this. I'm so glad I did. My cuticles tend to get dry & raggedy even with constant moisturizing so I wasn't expecting much. After using it for two nights in a row, my cuticles were so soft I could not believe it! It's too sticky to use during the day but sticky enough to use at night without it wiping off on the sheets. It's quite expensive for a small pot but I only need a little dab so it's going to last until next winter.

My usual cuticle creme was Qtica Intense Cuticle Repair. I'll keep using Qtica as a daytime creme but Abricot works better to soften things up overnight.

Talk about a good product. It's expensive at $27CAD but it works and it lasts forever since so little is needed. I've had this creme for ages and had to take it out of my drawer recently because my Avène hand creme wasn't treating my cuticles. After 2 nights, my cuticles are back to normal. This is one of Dior's oldest product and I'm glad they never changed the formula. Totally worth the investment. I've tried other brands and they don't come close.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have the world's driest skin and my cuticles are a disaster. I've tried everything to little or no effect. While browsing the Dior options on the Macy's website, I saw this and thought I'd give it a try. It is hands down the best for dry cuticles. Yes, it has an odd aroma but who really cares if it works! After all you're not wearing it during the day are you?

This cream improved my cuticles and nail bed a little but it is very very sticky. I can use it only at bedtime and sometimes when I wake up in the morning the cream is still there. I either use too much or this cream never absorbs. I tried using it all over my hands and it did not moisturize them at all. I probably won’t purchase again because there are so many others on the market and I would like to find a good “hands and nails” cream.

I have used Dior Apricot Creme for several years and find it very helpful. I have recommended it to several people who now use it, but the only thing is it quite expensive if compared to other brands.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

There ought to be a he!! yes option for repurchase. I got this on a whim after reading sephora reviews. A lot of people were using this on their lips in the winter, and my lips and hands chap year round (very sensitive skin). After one use that lasted all day on my lips they are baby soft and my nails look a lot better than they did this morning.

This is definately a night product - it is very tacky. But a little goes a long way and it replaced two products for me, so it isn't that bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim after trying it in Sephora. The little white jar is retro and adorable. Though jars are not the most hygienic it looks cute on my nightstand (if that counts for anything). The smell is a little odd; like I mixed fruit punch with paraffin wax and my Lansinoh lanolin (lanolin is the main ingredient). It’s not a foul smell, just odd. This is messy and sticky, so only dap a little out of the jar at a time (it’s much easier to get more than try to scrape some back into the jar). You really have to massage it in and push the cuticles back. Then I liberally apply my favorite, rich hand cream (Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream), and go to bed. This really needs to be the last step before bed, as your fingertips will still be a little tacky (plus lanolin is a known pore-clogger). The morning after the first application, my nails seem a bit more pliable, and the sheen I had from buffing them a few days before has returned. The rough, ragged skin all around my nails is softened, and isn’t flaking. After a week of all this work, my cuticles are softer and less ragged. Pushing them back is easier and my nails even seemed to grow faster (I have fast-growing, thick nails anyway). I like that this can be used while wearing polish, and it doesn’t interfere with the life of a manicure (it doesn’t extend or shorten it). I’ll keep using this and thankfully the jar will last a long time. Once gone, I'll repurchase.

Totally worth the money. Moisturizes the cuticles and keeps them from peeling and bleeding. Within a few days of using this your nails will look like you get manicures regularly. I also love the retro white container. Some people complain about the smell but it's not going on your face so I don't know why you'd care about that.

Firstly, the price is ridiculous but it really does work. I've used just about every cuticle cream/balm/oil out there and nothing really helped until this. It smells like vintage makeup and it's super tacky in texture and it's my new favourite thing.

While purchasing for some recent items at the Dior counter, I caught sight of this, sitting in a stand-alone display with the rose balm for lips. The SA raved about it; the product's been around for years, she said, and people are addicted to it. Passing her raves off as just another sales tactic, I walked away without it. Curiosity had me Google the little sucker; it wasn't long before I was back at the counter, tail between my legs, asking the SA to wrap it up.

I blame my water intake (or lack thereof) on terribly dry, raggedy nails. I used to use The Body Shop's almond cuticle balm, before they reformulated it into an oil, packaged in a click-pen format. Nothing since has helped my nails, not even Lush's famed Lemony Flutter, which worked for a while, and then stopped. I also tired quickly of its Lemon Pledge scent, and the fact the tub is huge - it's not exactly a purse friendly product. Not Dior's creme; the small, lip balm sized pot fits perfectly in any bag or clutch. Even a coat pocket.

With two applications of this cream, my nails were transformed. I no longer sport embarrassing, handyman cuticles. Yes, this stuff is sticky - it's like oily glue - but the key is to apply very, very sparingly. I take the tiniest dab from a corner, on to my pinky finger, and apply only what I've picked up on every single nail bed. Believe me, it's enough. This application method helps prevent sticky oil prints over everything, and it absorbs very quickly - all while still repairing the cuticle and nail.

I can't speak to the added nail strength, as my nails are pretty strong to begin with, but I can say that with daily use, I never need worry about my cuticles looking poorly groomed and dry. It's like having a manicure done daily. At $30 CDN (after Ontario taxes), it seems like a bit of an investment to begin with, but it's so worth it, if you can swing it, and if you have a tendency toward terrible cuticles like I do.

Popular Treatments