October 31, 2014 | 1205 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Body Glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 7:39:00 AM More reviews by schminken

I wanted to hate this. Really, I tried. I read the reviews and thought, "Yes, it must be worthless". Sigh. I love it. I don't like the bottle though. It has a very yummy fragrance. If you like things that smell slightly conconuty/tropica, this ones for you. The texture is very emollient but you know what? In the summer, when I have a tan, I'm all dried out and this really gives good moisture. I do only use it at night or at the lake. It will rub off on white doors(ahem) but it just looks so darn good. Special occasions only in the summer, people!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by rchiu419

I tried NARS body glow twice - once when the bottle was congealed into a solid mass, and another time to retry it to give it a second chance.

I just don't like this product. The concept is great - more color, sexy glow - but actual application did not change my skin color by much (and I am pretty pale). It did leave a slight sheen and had a strong coconut-y scent.

What made me return this product in the end was its price - $58 for a bottle, for what? A little bit of oily shine and scent? You could probably find something at the drugstore that works the same for less.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I am glad I tried this before I purchased it, because it did not impart ANY color whatsoever to my relatively light skin. It did make my skin glisten but so do tons of other less expensive products, like um, baby oil. I wasn't crazy about the smell (gardenia-tiare) and the texture was just ok. I didn't think a glass bottle was the most practical packaging, either. This is definitely a sample before you purchase kind of product, as YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by tadpoleSYR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best way to describe nars body glow would be to call it sex in a bottle. a shimmering bronze oil scented with coconut and hawaiian tiare flower combines to make tanned skin look and smell its best. this is a quintessential summer product.
granted, it's oily, so it's not something that can be used on a daily basis, but the upside is that it is very moisturizing especially since the sun can have a drying effect on your skin. on the beach and for hot summer nights, it's a totally different story though. for lack of better words, this product just makes you GLOW. the shimmer particles makes your skin look radiant while the slight bronze color adds depth and enhances your tan. i took a lipstick off because the scent can be overpowering.
i agree with other reviewers who likened the smell with comptoir sud pacifique aloha tiare. it smells very summery. the oil can rub off on clothes, however, so i'd recommend to either wear darker colors when you plan on sporting this or only put it in areas that won't come into constant contact with your apparel.
also, the body glows does solidify in colder temperatures since it happens to be a characteristic of the manoi de tahiti oil, but it's normal and something a little sun or warm water can't fix.
overall, this is a great product for beach babes, sun worshippers, and anyone who just loves a bronze glow. but it's ridiculously priced and not something i could use often. in fact, i don't see it for most of the year since it's such a seasonal product. i like it, but it's definitely just a one time investment. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2004 3:23:00 AM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! I bought this last summer so I can look sheeny and glowy when I wear strappy things. It smells like gardenia and reminds me of hawaii [in fact, I used it while on holiday there] and everytime I wear it, I feel like I'm on vacation. It's made from monoi oil [coconut oil scented with tiare--gardenia]. In Hawaii, you can buy bottles of monoi oil for cheap [about $7 USD for a small 1.7 oz bottle or so and can be used for a NUMBER of purposes, since this oil was used for centuries in polynesian cultures], so I'm wondering why this NARS version is $55? It's gorgeous though, I love the bronze effect. It's subtle. But the smell is FABULOUS! I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!

FYI: I read some reviews from members that complained it was disgusting upon seeing the body glow all solidified. Yeah, it can look unattractive BUT, coconut oil is MEANT to solidify naturally in cooler climates. It doesn't mean that product is bad or anything. Monoi oil [what body glow is made out of, other than the bronzing agents] is pure coconut oil with gardenia scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lola5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

not worth the price at all. The smell is pleasing at first but then becomes rather offensive. Obviously gives a nice sheen to the skin but so would any oil. The bronze sheen is flatering but rubs off on clothes. Elegant bottle though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Jnnlis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment! I ordered this from Sephora online and when it came it was totally solidified, cracked, and disgusting looking. I know, I know I can "run it under warm water" as the bottle suggested but I do not plan on doing this each time. For $55 it should do my laundry. The colour is pretty, but barely shows on my darker skin. To show I would have to use a tablespoon of it, and obviously that is not very affordable. The smell is nice, but I think this product is the worst in an otherwise incredible line of products. I forgive you though, Francois because you made 75% of my makeup! I will be sending this back to Sephora-it's so bad I won't even keep it. I get a similar look mixing my Golden Bronze powder from MAC into lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2004 1:43:00 AM More reviews by KoreanBlaq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the smell, but it doesn't add any color to my skin (NC43) which is what I was looking for. The shimmer is nice, but I'm sure you could achieve the same effect with something cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, if you're looking for a "BRONZER", a highlighter that will make you glow or shimmer and sheen, this isn't it, especially if you're a bit of an olive/tanned toned person already. It won't show up and, it's simply too expensive.

The only thing that actually does show up are miniscule specks of silver, almost multi-color glitter pieces that will probably look better in the right lighting, if you look very carefully. Apparently, neither the light of day nor office flourescent lights are the correct lighting. Oh, the brown stuff - it disappears on me so fast, I don't ever notice it on clothes or anyting else. So...

I adore this stuff! Obviously, I don't use it as a "GLOW", I use it because I adore the Monoi-Tiare scent, and I'm a perennially dry skinned person, so any oil that keeps me slick the whole day through is welcomed with wide open arms. I would say $55 is a bit on the steep side for skin lubrication, but to me, it's a double prong - scent and skin moisture, all in one! I'd definitely pay through the nose for this one - (I have been known to spend well over $55 for a scent, so why should this be any different?) I never thought coconut would drive me mad, but this concoction does - delish and every time I take a whiff, it makes me feel like a salivating male at a rib cook-off with omnipresent wide screen sports! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by tiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice smell, so-so product, way over priced. I should never have bought it. Even the smell goes a bit musty after a while. Nice but not worth the money.