The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Love the true coconut scent. I like how it soaks in & feels very moisturizing. Doesn't feel heavy or thick.

UPDATE: This stuff does leave your lips looking pale because of the white cast it leaves. I noticed the little gritty particles in it too. Plus it smells more and more like plastic too me. Vaseline does the same job and for much less. The only pros I have about this product is that it has better ingredients in it than most lip balms and it looks nice. But that's about it. I'm just gonna use this as an overnight lip treatment. This product sucks.

This was a gift for me and I love coconut so I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, like many coconut things, it has a white-ish color to it. However the smell is amazing! I don't wear it so much out, but rather just around the house and before I go to bed as a moisturisor (sp?). I still love it despite its little quirks.

I really wanted to love this.I LOVE coconut!But this went on very greasy/oily,gave my lips a weird whitish cast and left them very dry.Too bad :(

on 1/28/2006 10:43:00 PM

first off, for the itty bitty size $6 is too much (also 2 for $10)...but i needed a couple bucks to use up a credit, so i pickd up the coconut lip butter.

smells just like coconuts...reminds me of summer...like coconutty tanning oil :)...the texture is just exactly like the name implies 'butter'. you kind of have to 'dig' with your finger to get a decent amount to come out. goes on really smooth and keeps my lips moist with the coconut scent for hours. i dont detect any taste aside from something...plastic'y...just dont lick it! :P continued >>

on 1/25/2006 6:15:00 PM

I love the Lip Butters from TBS. So far all of the flavors/scents that I've tried have the exact same texture. The Coconut is one of my favorites. It has a great coconut scent and a very light coconut flavor. It's very moisturizing, isn't waxy and lasts for at least a half an hour on my lips even when I'm drinking something. Overall this is another great Lip Butter from TBS. A definite repurchase for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*WHOA, UPDATE*
A few minutes after I wrote this review I went back to take a closer look at the product and I decided "Well, I can't ruin it anymore than it already is by STIRRING IT, can I?"
It turned into the consistincy of icing and tastes almost as good. The little clumpy bits are gone and it's a lot less gritty than when I bought it. YUMMAY. I just might buy some more of these now that I can fix them. lol
____________________________________________________
The little tub it comes in is terrible to try and get anything out of but the idea of having it in the same form as the body butters is kind of cute. lol It smells yummy and doesn't taste unpleasant.
It was awesome at moisturizing for the first few weeks, but then it turned kind of clumpy with age. I got this about 2 years ago an now it's nothing but a gritty blob of white lip grease.

on 11/21/2005 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is kind of weird. Maybe it's just the pot I got, but it has tiny white granules in it. If I use more than a thin layer my lips get a white residue with visible granules all over them - not attractive. It's great at night for keeping my lips from drying out, and I haven't had any of the flaking problems other reviewers mention, but I don't want a lip balm that I can only use under cover of darkness. I've also got the mango lip butter, which is much better.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm a huge sucker for all things coconutty. So I was drawn to this yummy-scented balm. I like the non-stickyness of it (well duuurh it's a BALM) and the scent, and the smooth, light texture. The pot is cute. BUT, I only give this 3 lippies because it doesn't do what it's supposed to do- moisturize. Within 5 minutes, my lips are dry. 10 minutes, they're almost flaking. The whole purpose is destroyed. I'm not buying again, even though I loooove coconut.

on 9/11/2005 8:21:00 PM

Even though I love the coconutty smell of this product, it dries out my lips horribly. I get brittle bits of lip-skin peeling off of my lips if I use it. Bad News!

Popular Lip Treatments