September 16, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2006 6:27:00 PM More reviews by xobabygurl66xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: This stuff does leave your lips looking pale because of the white cast it leaves. I noticed the little gritty particles in it too. Plus it smells more and more like plastic too me. Vaseline does the same job and for much less. The only pros I have about this product is that it has better ingredients in it than most lip balms and it looks nice. But that's about it. I'm just gonna use this as an overnight lip treatment. This product sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by newagetomatoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a gift for me and I love coconut so I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, like many coconut things, it has a white-ish color to it. However the smell is amazing! I don't wear it so much out, but rather just around the house and before I go to bed as a moisturisor (sp?). I still love it despite its little quirks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this.I LOVE coconut!But this went on very greasy/oily,gave my lips a weird whitish cast and left them very dry.Too bad :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

first off, for the itty bitty size $6 is too much (also 2 for $10)...but i needed a couple bucks to use up a credit, so i pickd up the coconut lip butter.

smells just like coconuts...reminds me of summer...like coconutty tanning oil :)...the texture is just exactly like the name implies 'butter'. you kind of have to 'dig' with your finger to get a decent amount to come out. goes on really smooth and keeps my lips moist with the coconut scent for hours. i dont detect any taste aside from something...plastic'y...just dont lick it! :P continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I love the Lip Butters from TBS. So far all of the flavors/scents that I've tried have the exact same texture. The Coconut is one of my favorites. It has a great coconut scent and a very light coconut flavor. It's very moisturizing, isn't waxy and lasts for at least a half an hour on my lips even when I'm drinking something. Overall this is another great Lip Butter from TBS. A definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by KittyScritches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*WHOA, UPDATE*
A few minutes after I wrote this review I went back to take a closer look at the product and I decided "Well, I can't ruin it anymore than it already is by STIRRING IT, can I?"
It turned into the consistincy of icing and tastes almost as good. The little clumpy bits are gone and it's a lot less gritty than when I bought it. YUMMAY. I just might buy some more of these now that I can fix them. lol
____________________________________________________
The little tub it comes in is terrible to try and get anything out of but the idea of having it in the same form as the body butters is kind of cute. lol It smells yummy and doesn't taste unpleasant.
It was awesome at moisturizing for the first few weeks, but then it turned kind of clumpy with age. I got this about 2 years ago an now it's nothing but a gritty blob of white lip grease.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2005 8:47:00 AM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is kind of weird. Maybe it's just the pot I got, but it has tiny white granules in it. If I use more than a thin layer my lips get a white residue with visible granules all over them - not attractive. It's great at night for keeping my lips from drying out, and I haven't had any of the flaking problems other reviewers mention, but I don't want a lip balm that I can only use under cover of darkness. I've also got the mango lip butter, which is much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge sucker for all things coconutty. So I was drawn to this yummy-scented balm. I like the non-stickyness of it (well duuurh it's a BALM) and the scent, and the smooth, light texture. The pot is cute. BUT, I only give this 3 lippies because it doesn't do what it's supposed to do- moisturize. Within 5 minutes, my lips are dry. 10 minutes, they're almost flaking. The whole purpose is destroyed. I'm not buying again, even though I loooove coconut.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by amybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though I love the coconutty smell of this product, it dries out my lips horribly. I get brittle bits of lip-skin peeling off of my lips if I use it. Bad News!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Monsizzia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip butter is too creamy and it makes me feel greasy !!
I know that the ingredients in the product are great but noone loves a high quality product with a greasy feeling !!