The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/7/2008 2:45:00 AM

I bought a couple of the butters and found them to simply sit on top of my lips and not really penetrate or moisturize at all. They also left a weird color if I used too much.

on 11/3/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! It's pretty cheap and prevents chapping plus it smells so delicious too.

on 10/17/2008 2:48:00 PM

I have the Brazil Nut and Coconut lip butters. First of all, the coconut has chunks of stuff in it. Secondly, why did the Body Shop think we would want our lips to be pasty white and gunky? It looked as if I had paper mache glue on my lips. I have to practically pry my lips apart because it's so gunky. (Okay, that was an exaggeration but you get the point.) I don't believe in wasting a product so I wore these only at night when I did not have to subject the public to my clown lips.

on 9/7/2008 12:40:00 PM

I bought two of these lip butters for 14 $ total. I loved the smell however that was the only thing I loved about this product. When I put this on, it was hard to spread throughout my lips although it seemed so smooth. It dried out my lips in five minutes. I tried it again, and it did the same...this is the worst product I have ever tried. Good thing I returned it and got my money back.

on 7/17/2008 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is absolutely worthless; I would rate it as a zero if the site would let me do it. I bought Pink Grapefruit; it smells great but that is the only positive thing I can say about it. This product simply doesn't do what it was designed to do. The texture is weird: it doesn't spread. I tried warming mine up near a space heater and this didn't even help. It also tastes funny and completely dried out my lips. To add insult to injury, it cost NZ$15. What a waste: Vaseline costs 5 times less and works 10 times better.

on 7/5/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have this in almond.. bought 3 for $4 each.. thought because it was the body shop and their body butters work so well, thought this would too... big mistake. dries out my lips terribly like other reviews mentioned as well..
it does smell good. hate that i have to stick my finger in it. cute packaging, like the body butters.
wont purchase again..

** i dont believe how disgustingly dry this makes my lips. no other product that i have ever tried has done this to me.. im back to being a compulsive lip picker..

suxxy! i got this in mango i think but not sure. it smelled good but tasted waxy and gross. it didnt absorb at all and left a layer of white paste! it did absolutely nothing good for my lips and made them look and feel like crap lol =(

well i guess its my fault, seeing as this was 1. a complete impulse buy and 2. i didnt check mua reviews!! I bought the coconut one and pink grapefruit. Like other ladies on here say, the smell is this is really deceiving- im a huge coconut fan and this smells soooo yummy and well, coconuty!!! but it goes on thick, waxy and greasy. whats worse, is it just ''sits there'' it doesnt seem to absorb at all. I just ended up wiping this off in the end, i kept tasting it and that wasnt particularly nice either. Also it made my lips feel dry! There was a 2 for 8 promotion and i got the pink grapefruit one too as i love the smell but it tasted awwwwful!!!! i chucked that one away straight away and i guess the same will go for this one.

on 4/2/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love body shop but this was not good. Its thick and pasty. It didn't absorb and just kinda left blotches of it on my lips.

on 3/23/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had two of them Coconut and Brazil Nut. It smells gorgeos of course. But the texture is weird, sometimes is too oily and sometimes too grainy on the lips. It is best if used before going to sleep. Brazil Nut has better tezture by the way. What is more it makes your lips look white.

Popular Lip Treatments