April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Lip Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MichaelinOrlando

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The tube product is amazing. it conditions my lips like no other, and as I am aging, I have drier lips and skin. I love using this in conjunction with palmers cocoa butter swivel stick and my lips love me for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have re-purchased this time and again for years.

The consistency is great - the formula of the one with SPF 15 just melts into your lips. The smell is a light vanilla, and I wear it alone quite often. I wear it every day. In the morning, alone, or under gloss or lipstick. And again at night for bedtime. And really, any time in between when I feel I need a little extra!

I have one at home with my makeup, and one in my purse. This feels fantastic on my lips. And while I do use it as much as I wrote above, one pot does last quite a while for me. I hope they never discontinue this. Also of note, in my opinion, the formula for the one in the pot is WAY different than the one in the tube. I thought the one in the tube was a bit greasy for my taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by puchokiki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product, but my lips ended up flaking like crazy. I have no idea why, but this seems to happen with all MAC tinted lip conditioners I've ever bought, but I was hoping that because this one wasn't tinted it wouldn't make my lips flake, but my lips somehow ended up flaking even more. I don't think I'm allergic because it doesn't sting my lips and there is not swelling or redness.

I will say that it does feel very moisturizing on my lips when I first apply it and I like the smell. I also like that it has SPF. The packaging is very sturdy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product! I have had chapped lips for as long as I can remember and this has been the only lip balm I have tried that has completely healed my lips. I previously used Burt's Bees and that honestly sucks compared to this. I don't know what people see in Burt's Bees because although it may provide instant relief of dryness, it doesn't last and my lips just go back to its chapped-like state within a few hours.

However, this lip balm provides long-lasting relief to chapped lips. I started using this product a week ago, and since that first application, I have not had chapped lips at all!! And I'm serious - I am so amazed that my lips feel so soft and look so healthy with no flaky bits for me to peel at (especially since it's winter over here!!!). Even my bf noticed the difference :)

It lost one lippie for me because I can't stand the way this thing tastes... it smells like vanilla, but the taste is not as pleasant.. the packaging can also be improved, but I'm not as fussed with that as others.

Overall - great product, BEST product used for day time for lips - I use it all day, every day and a little goes a long way. I am so happy at the dramatic difference it has made for my lips!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this lip conditioner in Gentel Coral after hearing good reviews about it and how conditioning it is. Well in my opinion it is not really that good. It is ok but for the price of it, I expected it to be much better. I would put it on before lipstick or something like that to prevent them drying out but apart from that I don't really use it.

I find the little pots of Vasaline Lip Balm to be much more conditioning than these and they are tons cheaper, I think they are 99p or something. Its ridiculous the price of these lip conditioners when they don't even do that much. I wouldn't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by sunkistchic03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this lip conditioner adds moisture into the lip. they do not peel or dry at all. i love this product especially under mac lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought a few of these on impulse originally. I don't find them all together conditioning, I don't like the packaging and I think they are extremely expensive for an average lipbalm. The only time I really do tend to reach for them is when I'm wanting to put on underneath a lipstick to sheer it out or to prevent my lips drying out. Its pretty good for that. But I wont repuchase (If I run out before products go off).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Don't know if I want to buy this again, since there are better things out there. However, it's a conditioner and an SPF in one, which I haven't found other than Avon's lipstick conditioner (which is also good). But good isn't great. This is good. I much prefer my Dior Maximizer for volume and generally smoothness. I'll stick with Nivea, Fresh, and Aveeno for SPF however, as I prefer them to this. The scent is alright, but I prefer something more citrus like (Fresh) when I'm ready to hit the outdoors. Not quite like this. The consistency is alright, I'd imagine this is great under a lipstick, but I notice better results with my Avon lipstick conditioner as it gives a full pout under my lipgloss along with SPF. More than this. Cheaper too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MFeld418

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this while visiting the MAC store in Santa Barbara. At first I thought this was AMAZING!!!! However, while the formula is amazing the regular lip conditioner is not in fact clear. If you put on more than a slight amount you being to look like you have really while colored lips. If I repurchase the "un-tinted" lip conditioner it will only be used for night time. Otherwise I love these things and you can't go wrong!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews on makeupalley.com I decided to give this a try. NOTHING has worked on my dry lips. I tried drinking tons of water, nothing changed. I've tried LUSH lip balm, all kinds of Burt's Bees, Minted Rose salve, etc. none of them do the job. The problem is especially noticeable when I try to wear lipstick. The dryness and scales become very... pronounced as the day wears on. All I can do is apply and reapply lip balm. It's been getting ridiculous.

MAC's lip conditioner is a petroleum-based product that comes tinted, or non, in a tube, stick or pot.

I just asked the girl if she could recommend a lip conditioner. She gave me the tube version and said it is one of her favorite products that they sell. So when I got back from lunch I couldn't wait to try it out. The scent is very light, vanilla and the texture is smooth. In my opinion a little goes a long way. The first application lasted about an hour and a half before it absorbed and my lips were almost back to normal already. They weren't terrible to start, but they were not in great shape.

I can't find directions for suggested use anywhere, but I'm pretty sure this isn't something that you need to apply and re-apply throughout the day. This may be a twice a day (or more during winter) kind of product. So far, I'm sold.

The only draw back: $14.50 is a lot for many people. I look at it this way: how much do you think you've spent, overall, searching for something to fix your problem and you still have the same problem? That's a cycle that might cost you more than $14.50. When I find a product that really delivers, and for under $20, I don't complain. Especially since I've had this issue for some time and nothing seems to have worked, I'm just happy that I will have smooth, soft lips again!