October 26, 2014 | 1227 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour is a close enough dupe ( a bit less pink) for Chanel Nude, which is my HG lip liner.

I've been meaning to find this for several years, and finally scooped it up on a trip to Buffalo today.

I applied it while waiting in line to cross the border, I was so anxious to see if a 99 cent product could replace my ($25?) Chanel.

It cannot. Sadly, though the colour was spot-on, the texture was terrible. Rough, dry, and difficult to apply, even after trying the tricks mentioned in other reviews such as warming up the pencil between my hands. By contrast, the Chanel has stayed moist for five years so far (same liner!) and applies like a dream, even now.

666 was a disappointment. Great colour, and of course great price, but otherwise unsuitable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by PrincessHeather

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard about this liner forever and kept forgetting to pick it up! I am so glad I finally did! I am fair with a light tan during the Summer and I LOVE this under gloss. I can't deal with full on lipstick in the heat. This is a great way to have a more polished look than just gloss. Get some! It's .99! I have spent 20x that on makeup I hated lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by RotaryGirl

I'd been scouting around for either a lipstain or matte color that would enhance my natural lip color without bringing too much attention to my rather large lips. This was such a fun discovery, right there on a Walgreen's endcap when I was buying my creme eyeliner. Perfection, and for 99 cents. Of course I'd heard about this famous little number for years, but hadn't been curious till now. Too bad, because I love it. It suits my coloring, and lasts longer than lipstick, defines my lips without dressing them up (adding some gloss on top fixes that if I so choose), basically doing everything I was looking for. I smile every time I apply it, thinking "99 cents! 99 cents".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this featured on the Today show as a cult beauty/cheap find. So of course, I had to go try it..even though I don't really even do liners. That said, it is a really nice color. A bit darker than I anticipated when I heard all the hype, but I nice neutral color. I put some on all over and then topped it with Smith's Rosebud Salve and it looked like I had full on lipstick...not just a quick slap on. The color is almost a burgandy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by emmabelle5

I love this product! The color is beautiful on its own. For a typical day, I use Blistex Lip Medex lip balm and then casually fill in lips with this pencil and go - it works great! Highly recommended for the lazy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have spent years trying to find this, and I finally got one today. The LAST one, tucked away with w'n'w eyeliners. Man oh man! As soon as I got home I put it on and then some dr. pepper lip balm. I know it may sound a little cheap, but when I went out almost everyone wanted to know what I had on. It was the best combo I've ever put on my mouth in my opinion. It is such a beautiful color. The liner really adds warmth to my lips, and stays put a lot better than most liners I've tried (My lips are so full that eating or drinking leaves lipstick marks on my chin, not cute, but this didn't!!). The color is like a mauve with more brown to it. Honestly I'm not really sure what the color is exactly because it was just plain neutral, maybe two shades darker than my natural color. Anyway, 99 cents, lots of product, and works fabulously with dr. pepper lip balm.
In case you're wondering when I joined MUA, w'n'w 666 was on my mind CONSTANTLY. So much so that I put it in my user name. I don't think other users would get that though lol.
Great buy!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This 666 liner is a bronzy/rose color that I have bought probably 50 of in my lifetime. I used to wear it over my entire lips and then a lipstick or gloss over it and it would last forever. I think I just got sick of the consistency of the pencil as it's not as smooth as MAC. Since then I have switched to MAC's Spice and Cedar pencils mostly. The 666 is a very neutral a bit darker but yet somehow goes with many colors. For $1 you just can't beat this LL. Used to be my #1 lip liner for 10+ years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't typically use lipliner, but when I have bought them- I always use a cheap one so I can't compare it to high end (or even higher end drug store liners) but I got this for 70 cents and I am happy with it. It's pretty long, but I guess you can't complain about too much product! This color matches the colored lipgloss I use the most often pretty well and I also like to use a frosty clearish lipgloss and then line my lips with this over that. I do find it a little dry though but what can you do for $1 or less? I think people should give it a go!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Edited April 2012, just bought this again not realizing it was the same. The pencil looks different more metallic looking, more plummy. The pencil itself was more brown, it seems much plummier than I recall too. It looks nice under plum glosses and under beigey-nude glosses too. Good buy!

yeah um, sorry, no love for this seemingly universally adored product. when i wore lip liner daily, i didn't like this one. now that i doon't line my lips per se, but fill them in with liner to make lg last longer and recalling the rave reviews, i figured for $1.00 it was worth a shot again. meh and worse. i hate the color, just dishwater dull. muddy, nothing special, on me. and thats key of course, if it works for you then great cause i'd love to find a great, cheap liner that i love too!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by unche

I *hate* this lipliner. I've heard it mentioned a million times and I read the glowing reviews here on MUA so I was on the lookout for it for a while (hard to find where I live).

I don't usually use lip liners but I love a strong lipstick and am anal about it bleeding. So I figured this would be a good all-purpose liner.

When I finally found it the colour seemed much too dark and metallic for my very pale complexion, but I remembered the "universally flattering!" and "makeup wardrobe staple" I'd read and bought it anyway (there was no tester and I figured maybe it'd look different on??).

When I got home and put it on, the texture was alright. The pencil got really dull really quickly and needed to be sharpened; the sharpening caused the wood to break and splinter (and no, it isn't a shi--y sharpener). That'd be OK if the colour really was flattering on me. But it wasn't. It still isn't. It is too brown to look natural and adds too much pigment to my lipsticks, interfering with their colours. I can't imagine myself wearing this in combination with any gloss or lipstick. I remind myself of the '80s.

Good thing it was only 1.77$ Canadian.