December 19, 2014 | 1541 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For color reference- I had to order this online, and guessed, but guessed perfectly- I wear a 2.5 in Touch Eclat pen, BD20 in Touch Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fiji in Nars, NC20 in Mac, and in this foundation, GA Luminious Silk, I wear a 4. All of these are nearly perfect-perfect on my skin tone.

I have been on a foundation buying spree. I have Mac, Nars, YSL, Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armani, Dermablend, and Bare Minerals. I am really loving the Armani Luminous Silk foundation. I took off a price lippie because I do believe it's expensive and I'm lucky that I can afford to buy it and play around, but the price point is going to be out of some people's reach.

I love that the bottle has a cap and a pump. My Mac pump which I had to buy separate has a little snap on blocker for when you're travelling to prevent the pump from pressing and I'm always afraid I'll lose it. I like that this pump is covered by the cap. It pumps a small amount- I need about 3 pumps to cover my whole face and layer, vs 1 or 1.5 with the Mac pump. The foundation is pretty fluid. I dab it on with a damp beauty blender. I have a lot of acne and redness so I do 3 layers on the damaged areas and just 1 or 2 on the better areas of my skin, but it all looks even and flawless. Even with 3 layers over acne it doesn't look cakey at all. I live on the NC coast and it's very hot and humid- I came inside this afternoon and my makeup still looked great. I always set with an Hourglass Ambient Light powder but regardless I am not blotchy, oily, dry, flaky, uneven, oxidizing, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a wonderful foundation. It reminds me of YSL teint resist (the old formula) foundation. Yes, it is very pricey but totally worth it. Every girl needs a high end foundation and this is mine. Absolutely gorgeous finish and texture. Feels light and lovely on my skin; not like other foundations where it feels so thick and heavy. This is worth the purchase. The packaging is wonderful. It's almost the same as the YSL glassy one (again the old formula). Try the foundation. You won't regret it. It hasn't broken me out once. I have sensitive skin and this hasn't bothered me one bit. I use this sparingly though because it is so expensive. I have another go to HG foundation I mostly use for the hot spring/summer days, but when I have a special event to go to I def go with this foundation. A girl wants to feel pampered sometimes with high end makeup. lol. I am an oily combo skin type and I don't see this foundation adding onto my oil production. In other words, I don't feel like a grease ball. My skin feels wonderful and it's able to breathe...that's why this foundation is great. Doesn't irritate or add any blemishes onto my face. Just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Bridget5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really is an absolutely beautiful foundation. I've tried gazillions over the years, I'm such a foundation junkie, so for this to be nearing a holy grail is saying something. It's so fluid-like which I normally don't like because I find runny foundations difficult to blend and too light, but this just sinks into the skin so beautifully. My 6.5 is perhaps slightly yellow-y but I did ask for something a touch darker since it's summer here. I do need to powder after a few hours but only because I have combination skin and I live in sweat-box Hong Kong. In short, lovely foundation and I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Ejk28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, just wow. This is so far the most beautiful foundation I have encountered. It is very liquid/ fluid like, so it is easy to blend in. It doesn't set quickly like a stain, which is fantastic because you can build up the coverage. Has a very natural look finish, very realistic and never looks like you have a ton of make up on. Love it! I do have oily skin and work full days in air-conditioning and I don't have any problem with this foundation staying on. Yes my t-zone will need a blot around the half way mark, but I can easily get a full 8 hours out of this foundation with it looking fresh and effortless! In my opinion this goes on a true medium coverage with one layer and just gives this beautiful "lit from within" luminosity to the skin (as the name would suggest.) Another GREAT point is that the foundation does not change colour at all, absolutely no oxidization or darkening (unlike Lasting silk). I have tried out a sample of Lasting silk and will defiantly be purchasing as well, biggest differences between the two is: Lasting silk does darken on the skin after drying, has more of a matte finish (although it does still have that gorgeous glow to it, and is slightly longer lasting 10 hours of great wear versus Luminous silk's 8 hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Vioni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation along with my Mufe HD! omg this is a really great foundation for the skin-finish flawless looking skin lol, this foundation creates a healthy looking skin and even when i wear 2 layers it still feels so light on my skin, i have very sensitive and oily skin, and this foundation never made me break out ever. Used this for months now and will repurchase if i run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has amazing coverage but the only problem is that it does not keep me matte throughout the day like MAC Studio Fix Fluid does. My t-zone is super shiny after an hour which is annoying because I am a mom and I don't have time to touch up my face. Also the colour #7 is supposed to be a warm tan colour but appears way lighter and ashy on my face. I would recommend this foundation for a full coverage ONLY but for the price and colour range it's just not worth it. I wish I just brought Studio Fix for 10 pounds cheaper!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

I am so glad I tried a free sample of this product before paying a hefty $92 on it. This needs to be be relabelled as a tinted foundation, not a medium coverage foundation. I tried building it up with no success it seems it absorbed into my skin and dissappeared. I completely agree with previous posts on clinging to dry patches, I had a small break out on my chin that was made to look more accentuated and looked and felt really dry. I honestly cannot believe that this is a high end product and so expensive. If i had managed to build up the coverage I would go through a whole bottle in a month. I also noticed the women wearing it at the counter looked really orangy yellow in certain lighting aswell, which did put me off, but none the less I gave it a try and it is a big fail in my book!!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kellykonsta

I recently had a shoot for modelling and the make up artist used this on me, it felt so light and gave a beautiful glowing finish.
I usually always use MAC but when this went on my skin i brought it straight away!
It is on the expensive side but it's worth every cent.
Its a medium coverage and gives you a natural glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying I wanted to love this foundation...However I had it applied at the Giorgio Armani counter and tried a sample at home and I hated how it looked. It accentuated my flaws (and I have a pretty clear skin), clung to dry patches, and felt extremely heavy on my skin. Big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

I'm really undecided on this foundation. And really, if you're paying close to sixty dollars for a foundation - you should know whether or not you like it.

Pros - glowy, does not feel heavy or mask like on face, nice range of color matches (I'm pale with yellow undertones - a lot of foundations are either far too light or too orange), the packaging (bottle with pump).

Cons - sinks into pores, clings to dry patches, foundation wears off on the oily sections on my face (at the end of the day I can see where it has worn off on my nose), it does oxidize slightly.

Bottom line: i like the texture - it's lightweight and it does make skin look glowy and luminous. It's the perfect foundation for in between light and medium coverage and the coverage is buildable. However, this is foundation for my good skin days. It does require a primer to last for the majority of the day and even then it does wear off. Proper moisterization and exfoliation are necessary in order for skin to work with this foundation. I would expect these kind of set backs from lower end foundations, but not for a high end product.