October 25, 2014 | 1334 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Scrumpets

I love this foundation. I'm 40 & have very few lines although my skin is quite dry due to facial treatments. The base colour is more beige rather than pink/yellow like mac, which is perfect for my skin. This foundation is medium coverage although you can build on it or use concealer with it. It gives a lovely luminous dewy finish. U can easily make it matte with a powder. Ive tried all foundations & This is definitely the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most fantastic foundation for people with normal to dry skin, and also it suits forty years plus, as well as younger skins. The shades are brilliant I wear MAC NW25 and 5.25 just blends to nothing, the best match I have ever had. It wears all through a work day without touch up, but that is on normal, dry skin. Definitely re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow great foundation and covers large pores flawlessly. Looks great in photos

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Camille14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually use MAC Match Master but thought I'd give this one a try because I heard great things about it. The packaging was okay but I just don't think this foundation is suitable for those with dark skin. To be honest on application it feels a little bit too runny which isn't great for those with oily skin. Once I had finished applying it, there was a strong red undertone to it and it just made my complexion look really dull, so quite far removed from luminous. Even if it cost £10 I still wouldn't buy it, especially as most of my friends said to stick with MAC as this product is just not flattering for darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. It doesn't break me out, I got an almost perfect match to my tan-brown skin, it does not oxidize, it blends superbly, and a little goes a long way. I have combo skin but I still like matte-dewy mix foundations... and this gives me just that for the first few hours, after which I start to get shiny in my t zone... nothing a little blotting won't solve. I wear it on all my makeup tutorials on youtube so check it out if you wanna see it in action :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by amsmua

Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ls221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was so expensive, however, it did last a very long time (about 6 months). It was the perfect foundation, until after the fifth month of usage, it turned color on me. It may have been my weird skin tone, but it was very disappointing. Also, in order to get the full effect of the foundation, the brush must be purchased with it. And it is almost as expensive as the foundation. I use the brush now for various other products like CC cream and mousse like foundations; so it wasn't a complete loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very natural looking. I like to use this foundation in the winter when I need more coverage due to my lack of sunshine!! I use my fingers to apply it, and it goes on pretty smoothly and evenly. It lasts throughout my work day, and I feel as though this foundation gives my skin a more fresh and polished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Angel1uk

I bought this foundation over the internet believe it or not and guessed my shade after reading reviews here! So I'm usually NC37 and I have 6.5 in this. This is definitely one of the most natural looking foundations I have ever had and took some getting used to as I was using mac studio fix before this which is a lot heavier. I found that the mac foundation just sat on top of my skin and often my hubby would say my face looks powdery. After switching to this foundation my skin is so smooth looking and it does not accentuate dry patches. It is a bit tricky to apply and I would say this is sheer to medium coverage at a push. I have learnt the best way to apply thus is one layer all over face and if heavier coverage is needed then apply extra on top when dry. I use the nars white setting powder with this. My once large pores are no longer visible and my greasy oily face is no longer greasy or shiny in fact I don't even need to blot throught out the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love. This. I first bought this when it originally came out...perhaps....4 years ago ? I don't know. I decided it was too expensive...and the shade, #2, did not really suit. jump ahead to my current age....almost 61, and I despair of a great foundation: I've been ok with the 24-hour Lancome foundation...but it has been disappointing for this hard winter.
after a brief make-over with a very helpful MA, I now use the 3.75, and it is wonderful: I look much, much better in this. and it stays on & on....even after a 9-hour day today, with no time to even look in a mirror, let alone adjust foundation, it looks as good now as when I applied it this morning. I use very little of it, as well. It looks very natural, perfect finish, enough coverage, and more. It is like .... seeing my best self in the mirror again. I really like this. This is worth the expense, at least, for me. It also Feels very good on, whereas the Lancome does not. That foundation is pretty good, don't get me wrong: but for My age, I'd rather spend the money and be Really pleased. This is not a foundation one can order on-line: I think you would really need a good MA, and choose the right color, etc. I had wanted to go with the designer foundation, but the shades did not go light enough for me. I think this is best for me anyway; and, I can even use a little power, to make the finish really perfect. oh: and I have rosacea - this covers "the red" very, very well, and does not irritate at all.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No