Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 2/19/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I received a sample of this mascara and the only thing I can say is I won't be purchasing the full size. It's one of those mascaras I have tried that deliver volume in the form of "clumps". Instead of separation, it grouped my lashes into several sections. The end result is spider legs lashes! It also flaked on me when it dried so I had mascara flakes deposited under my lower lashes after about 3 hrs. I'm glad I only got the sample and didn't pay for the actual product.

on 2/9/2010 9:06:00 AM

I do not understand how could the rating of this product be 2.9 as of today. It is my favorite mascara. You got long and amazing look after applying this mascara. It is not sticky and dry very short time. It gives more than enough volume to the lashes. I was using lancome hypnose before discovering this product and i am sure i can not give up to use Magnascopic.

on 2/1/2010 9:19:00 AM

This mascara really does clump like crazy and although some reviewers note that you have to comb it out to get the desired effect, this is just an unnecessary, time-consuming step for me. There are many mascaras which are much better and are a lot cheaper, too.

on 1/26/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this as a sample size GWP and I've been trying it out the last couple of weeks.

I have some significant problems with this mascara. First off, it CLUMPS. My lashes are long spindly and blondish taupey grey. They are thin and far apart. This glues them together at the tips, and I try to comb it out while wet, but they seem to magnetically stick back together.

It does thicken the lashes though. And as for my usual problems with itching, flaking and red eyes (allergic sensitive type, red rims that inflame easily, droopy hooded lids that pick up smudges from mascara, eyeliner and deeper shades of eyeshadow)

this mascara doesn't seem to aggravate my eyes at all. I do notice smudging, but not anymore than usual, and a little flaking by the end of the day. But I'm not digging my fingers into my eyelids rubbing at various itchy spots at the end of the day so that is a plus.

on 1/26/2010 6:55:00 AM

I got the travel size from a friend, and it's an OK-ish mascara which does a decent volumizing. It makes eyelashes fuller, and I apply a second coat of Perfectionist, the result is very good if I don't forget to apply Perfectionist immediately after, because my lashes get very stiff when it dries.

There are many better alternatives with the same or lower price. So I will definetely not purchase a full size.

on 1/15/2010 7:18:00 AM

Messy, does not separate lashes, gloopy and it flakes far toooo much. I tried a sample that went directly in the bin after one use. The most horrible mascara I have ever tried (even worse than DS cheapest stuff, terrible).

on 1/3/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first put this on, it was Tammy Faye all the way... gloopy, clumpy mess. For that it gets two stars. But I will note that once I combed it out, it looked pretty good. Still, a mascara that clumps like this cannot be recommended.

on 12/9/2009 1:18:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for a couple of months, it does get clumpy and wet, it sometimes makes my eyelashes join together- thats why I've given it a 3! But a lash comb or a separate mascara brush does the trick for me, and I have to say the end finish does look lovely. Lashes look really black, long and volumized! But I do have to put in alot of time when using it!! I wouldn't mind another bottle, but I'd rather try another bran!

on 11/27/2009 7:46:00 PM

Ugh im glad i got a sample of this
it was HORRIBLE
it was like putting straight up watered down black paint on your eyelashes and its so expensive for the horrible quality
do not reccomend

on 11/13/2009 9:36:00 PM

LOVE this mascara! Gives lashes great volume and length. I wish it wasn't so expensive.