December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Kevyn Aucoin - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since my Shiseido eye lash curler was getting worn out, I thought I would try something different. Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler (made in Japan) uses a red padding with round edges which makes it much easier to see your lashes! Also it came with 1 replacement red pad as well.

It probably takes me about 2 pumps to curl them & feels just like the Shiseido kind. Works great since I have short eyelashes.

Purchased it online at drugstore.com for ~$18.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by peachy51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far this is the ONLY curler that will curl my lashes. I have used a Mabelline curler for 40 years and all of a sudden, about 3 years ago, my lashes decided to be stubborn about the curl and since then I have tried many, many curlers. This is the only curler that will do the trick. It fits perfectly on one of my eyes and is a little shallow on the curve for the other eye, but still works. I will say that I can still get a good curl with any curler if I heat it with the hair dryer, but I don't always want to take the time to do that and this one does it without the heat.

I have to chuckle at all the reviewers who are poo-pooing the price. How much do you spend on mascara that runs out and you have to replace over and over? (I'm spending more on one tube of mascara than this curler costs.) You can use the same curler for years and years. I didn't think the price was too much to have something that does the job right the first time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this curler. I was using Shu and Sheseido and then I saw this one at Neimans and bought it. So glad I did. Nothing ever curled my lashes the way this curler does. Worth the bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 6:56:00 AM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG eyelash curler! I have purchased this 3 times now! I have used, Shiseido, Shu Uemura as well as a couple of drugstore brands and heated curlers. Nothing compares to Kevyn's curler! I have long straight Asian eyelashes that never seem to hold a curl. But this gem paired with L'Oreal WP mascara leaves me with beautifully, long and curled lashes that last throughout the day. Best of all, this gets close to the lashline and does not pinch!
I love that the rubber (silicone?) pad is red!
Retails for $25.00 CAD and comes with an extra replacement pad.Can be found at Pir Cosmetics in Yorkville. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Skincarediva

I love this eyelash curler. It is the only one that doesn't catch my skin in it. I have had mine for just about 2 years and have not needed to replace the red lash pad yet. I too have used the Sheido and the Shu Uemura but prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by trixel

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Shu Uemura lash curler for 3 years and hated it every day. I must have strangely shaped eyes because no matter how I held it the thing always crimped my bottom lashes along with my top ones. And it HURT. I think it has a tight curve that digs into some eye shapes.

Kevyn Aucoin's (God bless his dear soul) is absolutely perfect for me. The curve is much wider, and as other reviewers have said, it allows you to get very close to the lash roots. The hinge or open/shut function is very easy, so you have lots of control.

It's totally comfortable, curls beautifully and I really love the little red rubber strip.

IMO it just can't be improved upon. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LoriW

A great curler! May even surpass Shu's as my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an okay eyelash curler that does not perform much better than Revlon or others which cost a fraction of the price. If I have to splurge on a curler I would definitely choose Shu Uemura over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by utopia134

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bought this b/c i lost my revlon curler. LOVE THIS. It fits the shape of my eye much better and gives a great curl w/o having to heat it with a blow dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2005 2:51:00 AM More reviews by alizekel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best metal curler I have used (much better curl than the Shu in my opinion), but I still prefer the curl I get with the Japonesque GoCurler. The red pad is a nice touch, but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me. Since the plastic Japonesque keeps breaking on me, I will stick with this curler for now.