September 21, 2014 | 2046 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Kevyn Aucoin - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this curler. I was using Shu and Sheseido and then I saw this one at Neimans and bought it. So glad I did. Nothing ever curled my lashes the way this curler does. Worth the bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 6:56:00 AM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG eyelash curler! I have purchased this 3 times now! I have used, Shiseido, Shu Uemura as well as a couple of drugstore brands and heated curlers. Nothing compares to Kevyn's curler! I have long straight Asian eyelashes that never seem to hold a curl. But this gem paired with L'Oreal WP mascara leaves me with beautifully, long and curled lashes that last throughout the day. Best of all, this gets close to the lashline and does not pinch!
I love that the rubber (silicone?) pad is red!
Retails for $25.00 CAD and comes with an extra replacement pad.Can be found at Pir Cosmetics in Yorkville. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Skincarediva

I love this eyelash curler. It is the only one that doesn't catch my skin in it. I have had mine for just about 2 years and have not needed to replace the red lash pad yet. I too have used the Sheido and the Shu Uemura but prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by trixel

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Shu Uemura lash curler for 3 years and hated it every day. I must have strangely shaped eyes because no matter how I held it the thing always crimped my bottom lashes along with my top ones. And it HURT. I think it has a tight curve that digs into some eye shapes.

Kevyn Aucoin's (God bless his dear soul) is absolutely perfect for me. The curve is much wider, and as other reviewers have said, it allows you to get very close to the lash roots. The hinge or open/shut function is very easy, so you have lots of control.

It's totally comfortable, curls beautifully and I really love the little red rubber strip.

IMO it just can't be improved upon. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LoriW

A great curler! May even surpass Shu's as my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an okay eyelash curler that does not perform much better than Revlon or others which cost a fraction of the price. If I have to splurge on a curler I would definitely choose Shu Uemura over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by utopia134

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bought this b/c i lost my revlon curler. LOVE THIS. It fits the shape of my eye much better and gives a great curl w/o having to heat it with a blow dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2005 2:51:00 AM More reviews by alizekel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best metal curler I have used (much better curl than the Shu in my opinion), but I still prefer the curl I get with the Japonesque GoCurler. The red pad is a nice touch, but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me. Since the plastic Japonesque keeps breaking on me, I will stick with this curler for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Maria25

LOVE IT!!!...Love the curler...add the Kevyn Mascara and I am a happy gal! I can't live without either of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have curlers from Shiseido, Shu, Benefit and Japonesque. Although for overall shape, I like Benefits, the Kevyn Aucoin has a nice red pad that provides contrast for the lashes so you can see what you're doing. It also allows for more usage, I find the technique for 'walking' the lashes is much easier with the Kevyn Aucoin than the other brands.