Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 6/26/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

For a 2oz glass jar, it's a little pricey. What really got me to purchase this product was the smell from the jar. Smelled like sweet almonds. However, after I applied it and after it sits for a while, it smells like.. anise.. a licorice smell that made me want to vomit. I can only use this as night, as it is REALLY greasy. You need only a tiny bit and it moisturizes all the rough, dry spots. Wouldnt purchase again because of the smell. I like the consistency though.

on 5/6/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i got the small trial size of this, so i'm not sure how much a full-sized one is, but i believe its a little expensive. honestly though, i find that most BB products are.

the skin on my body is normal, not dry, not oily, but every so often i find that my hands need moisture. say, like when i give myself a manicure, for instance.

at forst i noticed the smell above all else, and i liked it. now, 10-ish minutes later or so, i'm not so sure i do. its not HORRIBLE, just not great, IMO.

the texture is heavy, and at 1st i thought i'd need more than the little dab i'd put on, since i didnt think it spread around so well. but i didnt put more on and now i'm glad-- i think some ppl say its greasy b/c they're using too much. i dont feel like its sitting on top of my skin so much as just that its a heavy moisturizer-- which is good to have around. i'll enjoy it for my cuticles and every now and then, and i may rebuy in the future if i dont come accross something else i like more :)

UPDATE 11/5/11;
upped this to 4 lippies instead of 3, as i do like this as a heavy moisturizer for hands and cuticles, maybe even elbows and knees too

Got this for christmas

It is greasy, and I hate the smell - but as a hand cream it works great.

I apply a small amount when my hands are slightly damp (usually after washing them). It takes a few minutes to sink in but it definitely moisturises and makes them feel protected.

Would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the waxiest, least moisturizing lotion I've ever used. It left a thick white film on my skin that I had to scrub really hard to get off in the shower. Into the trash it goes. The only pros would be that it is fairly inexpensive and the smell is ok.

on 3/14/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a present and i found it really difficult to spread on my skin. It is sticky and thick.. doesn't really feel like a cream at all. It feel waxy and not at all moisturizing. As many reviewers indicated, the product feels like it sits atop the skin rather than being absorbed by it. I suppose for those who have extremely dry skin, this might be a good barrier against cold weather and the elements. However, as a moisturizer... it just doesn't cut it for me. The smell reminds me of play-doh... and I probably would never buy this product. There are better moisturizers out there.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

One of my favorite products of all time. It literally makes my hands (and I also use it on my elbows and knees) smooth, soft, and healthy looking. The smell of it is absolutely amazing. I got my first jar when I was 10, so applying it just brings in childhood memories. Within the first week of use your once dry hands are now baby soft! I can never have enough jars, staple item for sure. Only complaint it I hate having to reach in the jar, would love a tube made of it instead.

on 2/26/2011 9:19:00 PM

I'm still trying to work through my jar. As another reviewer mentioned, this cream is very oily and the oil basically just sits on the surface, not soaking in and not really moisturizing at all. I wanted to like it, as I am a fan of Burt's Bees and like almond scents generally, but I absolutely hate the feel of it on my hands. Even under moisturizing gloves overnight, it's just too much.

I will say that I like it applied very lightly on my elbows. It seems to work better somehow, ultimately leaving them hydrated and soft, and I don't mind how long it takes to soak in as I guess my elbows are sort of out of the way!

on 2/20/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just finished my jar of almond milk hand creme.

This isn't a creme -it's a thick marzipan-like paste. The smell is great, but very strong, and it moisturizes well. It's perfect for very dry cracked skin. It does have a grainy texture that annoys me - I think a smoother texture would drastically improve the product.

The only really bad thing about this product is that it's packaged in a retro glass jar; cute, but difficult to tote around. It stayed on my bedside vanity for this reason. It's also very little creme for the price - although my 2oz jar lasted three solid months with nightly use on hands. Didn't do as much for cuticles as I'd hoped.

on 1/19/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I just purchased this and I like the weight and scent of this hand cream. I agree with other reviews that it smells like marzipan, and I for one don't find it waxy; in fact it absorbed well and my hand looked a few years younger right away. I was looking for a creme that didn't have water as the main ingredient. For a product that is oil-based and should provide a decent barrier, I am impressed with how light it feels. I get tiny spots of eczema on my shoulders and back, and I'm going to try this. My allergist told me any lotion in a pump will be too light, and I should only use oil-based creams in a tub to protect the thinning parts of my skin. I don't like the feel of mineral oil, so I am glad to find this product in my drugstore.

on 1/16/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I suffer from really bad dry skin. It's to the point where my hands bleed. I figured this stuff would help moisturize as it's a cream. Well, I love the smell but it's greasy. It doesn't really sink into the skin but kind of sits on top of it. This might do better if i wore gloves while sleeping. I was expecting this to be better as I love Burts Bees products.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products