OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this base coat, it's my favorite base coat (and feel it's the best) I've used so far.
It gives a nice, cool feeling when applied, and it dries fast. A plus is that because it is from OPI, it has that big brush that I loooove. :D
I like how the brush is pink as well. I've used this for all my recent manicures and my nail polish doesn't chip until maybe 4-5 days later, but it's a very very tiny chip. I used SV top coat w all my manicures.
This base coat helps with nail polish staining as well!

on 5/26/2010 7:08:00 PM

Ah I love this stuff <3. I'm fairly surprised on so many negative reviews about this product. I have weak, brittle nails but it doesn't stop me from wearing polish. I had never thought of using a base coat until a girl friend forced me to go out and buy one. First off, I love how it has a pink tint to it. If I put this base coat on by myself my nails look glossy and have a healthy pink color to them. They look natural and healthy. I've also noticed my nails feel stronger and don't break as often ever since I started using this. I often wear this on its own because it's enough for me. But it helps my nail colors not chip as quickly. I absolutely love this and will be my HG Base Coat. Will repurchase!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutly love OPI products, but this really disappointed me. Luckily I got this free after I bought 2 other OPI laquers. I don't have any problems with my nails.
This product made my nail polish chip after 1 day. 1 DAY! Also within a week the nail polish slipped off, literally.
Will not buy again, and dont know what to do with the rest.

on 1/19/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got bad ridges, so I tend to reach for my Ridge Filler although that's not the reason why I don't like this product. My nail polish always slides off when I use this as a base coat and it makes the nail polish pull (less color closer to the cuticles and way too thick at the ends).

on 12/21/2009 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this basecoat makes my manicures chip/peel faster than usual. I'm getting chips within hours of polishing my nails and this is something that has not happened to me before. I like that it is a thin basecoat that's easy to apply, but I can't get passed the chipping. I'm going to try it for one more manicure, but I already know I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Never do I ever put on any polish without using this as a base. Get some. It is like primer for foundation. It anchors all that gunk to your nails.
**UPDATE** 08/23/2011
O.M.G. Forgot about this and proceeded to use the Orly Bonder instead. Chip city! Now I have returned to my senses and I use a layer of this, two of nail colour and a layer of the regular top coat (not the fast drying - I haven't tried that). I am going on 5 days with Essie Fifth Avenue (bright tomato red) with NO CHIPS!!!! I am not changing this regimen for anything! Truly anchors your color to your nails.

VVV

on 11/19/2009 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Please be sure to check out the PIC at the end of my review - it shows how my stained nails are growing out beautifully (even while wearing np 24/7) since I began using OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat about 2 months ago.

I bought OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat because my nails were stained terribly yellow from wearing nail polish constantly. :( I've been using this base coat for just over two months now and I'm so happy to report that my nails are growing out of their yellow stains - even while under many layers of nail polish! I can see where my nails have grown out - they look healthy, pink, and clear. This base coat dries VERY quickly - big plus. I like how my nail color applies over this base coat - the polish goes on smoothly and the color adheres really well. So far I've worn neon, glitter, flakie, cream, matte, and satin finish polishes over this base coat - all have worked really well with it. I'm very happy with this base coat and would definitely repurchase. :D Would highly recommend checking it out if you have natural nails! PLEASE ROP FOR PIC!

continued >>

on 6/18/2009 2:29:00 AM

This is a mediocre basecoat. I really disliked it once I used up half of the bottle as the basecoat started to create bubbles even before I applied my nail polish. It got really sticky too. Not going to repurchase it for sure.

on 5/31/2009 11:19:00 PM

I received this as a free gift from Beauty Brands if you purchased 2 other OPI products. Even though being free it was still worthless to me. My polish never even lasted 24hrs. w/o chipping. It was just awful.I would not get this again. I do think Orly Bonder works better, but I am still on the hunt for my HG base coat. My HG topcoat is Poshe.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Dries super fast and leaves a semi-shiny base. Excellent base coat.

Top Rated OPI Products