November 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutly love OPI products, but this really disappointed me. Luckily I got this free after I bought 2 other OPI laquers. I don't have any problems with my nails.
This product made my nail polish chip after 1 day. 1 DAY! Also within a week the nail polish slipped off, literally.
Will not buy again, and dont know what to do with the rest.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got bad ridges, so I tend to reach for my Ridge Filler although that's not the reason why I don't like this product. My nail polish always slides off when I use this as a base coat and it makes the nail polish pull (less color closer to the cuticles and way too thick at the ends).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I think this basecoat makes my manicures chip/peel faster than usual. I'm getting chips within hours of polishing my nails and this is something that has not happened to me before. I like that it is a thin basecoat that's easy to apply, but I can't get passed the chipping. I'm going to try it for one more manicure, but I already know I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never do I ever put on any polish without using this as a base. Get some. It is like primer for foundation. It anchors all that gunk to your nails.
**UPDATE** 08/23/2011
O.M.G. Forgot about this and proceeded to use the Orly Bonder instead. Chip city! Now I have returned to my senses and I use a layer of this, two of nail colour and a layer of the regular top coat (not the fast drying - I haven't tried that). I am going on 5 days with Essie Fifth Avenue (bright tomato red) with NO CHIPS!!!! I am not changing this regimen for anything! Truly anchors your color to your nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by VVV

Please be sure to check out the PIC at the end of my review - it shows how my stained nails are growing out beautifully (even while wearing np 24/7) since I began using OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat about 2 months ago.

I bought OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat because my nails were stained terribly yellow from wearing nail polish constantly. :( I've been using this base coat for just over two months now and I'm so happy to report that my nails are growing out of their yellow stains - even while under many layers of nail polish! I can see where my nails have grown out - they look healthy, pink, and clear. This base coat dries VERY quickly - big plus. I like how my nail color applies over this base coat - the polish goes on smoothly and the color adheres really well. So far I've worn neon, glitter, flakie, cream, matte, and satin finish polishes over this base coat - all have worked really well with it. I'm very happy with this base coat and would definitely repurchase. :D Would highly recommend checking it out if you have natural nails! PLEASE ROP FOR PIC!

continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre basecoat. I really disliked it once I used up half of the bottle as the basecoat started to create bubbles even before I applied my nail polish. It got really sticky too. Not going to repurchase it for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

I received this as a free gift from Beauty Brands if you purchased 2 other OPI products. Even though being free it was still worthless to me. My polish never even lasted 24hrs. w/o chipping. It was just awful.I would not get this again. I do think Orly Bonder works better, but I am still on the hunt for my HG base coat. My HG topcoat is Poshe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Dries super fast and leaves a semi-shiny base. Excellent base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by philomena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this base coat every time I paint my nails, I think it's great. It doesn't yellow my nails and it protects them from getting stained from dark polishes. I find that it goes on very smooth and I've never had any air bubbles. It dries so quickly that the first nail I paint is completely dry by the time I finish painting the last nail, and I can start on the first coat of colour immediately. Also it is Big 3 Free! My nails look good with just a coat of this on them to make them shiny for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

i always use this for my pedicures/manicures at home along with a top coat. but never ever shake the bottle though since it'll form bubbles and it's a really liquid-y substance. (anyone that owns a bottle of nail polish should know that.. haha) but make sure to apply a THIN and EVEN coat for the BEST results. dries very very quickly after putting on nails. it's a great guard for polish turning your nails yellow. awesome base coat!