OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

on 8/21/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The best base coat I've used so far. My nail polish doesn't slide right off like other people. And it lasts about 4-6 days depending on the n/p I use. It is kinda pricey though.

on 8/6/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite Top Coat, I have tried many out there. It is thin and dries fast. It also lasts long, thanks to the nice OPI brushes, one nice little streak covers the nail and it minimizes waste of the product. It helps my polishes go on smoother and I also use it as a ridge filler (for when my nails chip or peel)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this base coat, it's my favorite base coat (and feel it's the best) I've used so far.
It gives a nice, cool feeling when applied, and it dries fast. A plus is that because it is from OPI, it has that big brush that I loooove. :D
I like how the brush is pink as well. I've used this for all my recent manicures and my nail polish doesn't chip until maybe 4-5 days later, but it's a very very tiny chip. I used SV top coat w all my manicures.
This base coat helps with nail polish staining as well!

on 5/26/2010 7:08:00 PM

Ah I love this stuff <3. I'm fairly surprised on so many negative reviews about this product. I have weak, brittle nails but it doesn't stop me from wearing polish. I had never thought of using a base coat until a girl friend forced me to go out and buy one. First off, I love how it has a pink tint to it. If I put this base coat on by myself my nails look glossy and have a healthy pink color to them. They look natural and healthy. I've also noticed my nails feel stronger and don't break as often ever since I started using this. I often wear this on its own because it's enough for me. But it helps my nail colors not chip as quickly. I absolutely love this and will be my HG Base Coat. Will repurchase!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutly love OPI products, but this really disappointed me. Luckily I got this free after I bought 2 other OPI laquers. I don't have any problems with my nails.
This product made my nail polish chip after 1 day. 1 DAY! Also within a week the nail polish slipped off, literally.
Will not buy again, and dont know what to do with the rest.

on 1/19/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got bad ridges, so I tend to reach for my Ridge Filler although that's not the reason why I don't like this product. My nail polish always slides off when I use this as a base coat and it makes the nail polish pull (less color closer to the cuticles and way too thick at the ends).

on 12/21/2009 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this basecoat makes my manicures chip/peel faster than usual. I'm getting chips within hours of polishing my nails and this is something that has not happened to me before. I like that it is a thin basecoat that's easy to apply, but I can't get passed the chipping. I'm going to try it for one more manicure, but I already know I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Never do I ever put on any polish without using this as a base. Get some. It is like primer for foundation. It anchors all that gunk to your nails.
**UPDATE** 08/23/2011
O.M.G. Forgot about this and proceeded to use the Orly Bonder instead. Chip city! Now I have returned to my senses and I use a layer of this, two of nail colour and a layer of the regular top coat (not the fast drying - I haven't tried that). I am going on 5 days with Essie Fifth Avenue (bright tomato red) with NO CHIPS!!!! I am not changing this regimen for anything! Truly anchors your color to your nails.

on 11/19/2009 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Please be sure to check out the PIC at the end of my review - it shows how my stained nails are growing out beautifully (even while wearing np 24/7) since I began using OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat about 2 months ago.

I bought OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat because my nails were stained terribly yellow from wearing nail polish constantly. :( I've been using this base coat for just over two months now and I'm so happy to report that my nails are growing out of their yellow stains - even while under many layers of nail polish! I can see where my nails have grown out - they look healthy, pink, and clear. This base coat dries VERY quickly - big plus. I like how my nail color applies over this base coat - the polish goes on smoothly and the color adheres really well. So far I've worn neon, glitter, flakie, cream, matte, and satin finish polishes over this base coat - all have worked really well with it. I'm very happy with this base coat and would definitely repurchase. :D Would highly recommend checking it out if you have natural nails! PLEASE ROP FOR PIC!

continued >>

on 6/18/2009 2:29:00 AM

This is a mediocre basecoat. I really disliked it once I used up half of the bottle as the basecoat started to create bubbles even before I applied my nail polish. It got really sticky too. Not going to repurchase it for sure.

Top Rated OPI Products