October 23, 2014 | 2231 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sululu

This conditioner works best for damaged hair that needs protein. If your hair is merely dry or normal this might not work for you. My hair is colored and permed so it needs the protein. I've bought this over and over again and it has replaced Joico Kpak conditioner for me. It smells great and does not leave a heavy slip feeling. 5/5

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by beautyishealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells nice, pretty bottle and healthy ingredients. However, it is very, very drying. I assumed a conditioner called "Smooth as Silk" would be moisturizing, but I was wrong. My hair is normal to dry, and it was left so dry after using this that I could barely get a brush through my hair. If your hair is very oily, it might be ok, but otherwise, don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Great smell (very light) and very silky smooth while on the hair. 'seems' to make my hair softer though i cant be sure yet as ive only tried it for once. will update again.

update: totally dried up my hair. i had a hair cut just before i started using this (to get rid of my split ends) but just after bout 10days of using this series(shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc), i now have a full head of split ends! unbelieveable! i wanted to remove ALL the lipies but it seems that i need to give a minimum 1 so there u are (the 1 lippie)

now im back to using the commercial shampoo and conditioner and wonder what to do with the remaining product...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Kayr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst conditioners that I've ever used. It was not moisturizing at all even though I thought that it would be because it had great slip in the shower when I applied it and rinsed it out. But it definitely dried out my hair overtime. Definitely will not ever re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Starrguise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $1 at the local 'overstock' store along with the Smooth as Silk shampoo.

Unlike the shampoo, the conditioner has a very faint scent. At first glance, it seems like the texture of the conditioner would be very thick when applied to my hair, but my hair didn't soak it up like I thought it would. It's not runny or anything, but I just wasn't impressed by it's moisturizing quality.

It doesn't balance with the shampoo very well, as the shampoo is very stripping and the conditioner doesn't moisturize enough, so my hair feels dried out if I forget to use a deep conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by dahliadeadly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I saw this at Target while looking for shampoo/conditioner that is sulfate-free and cruelty-free. And I found Giovanni!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by NewRibena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner provides my curls with the necessary moisture to make styling afterwards a breeze. The slip is great and detangling my hair is so much easier. I'm not fond of the packaging as it is pretty thick and the bottle does not store upside down. The price isn't too bad and I usually stock up when it goes on sale. Now that I can find this product in mainstream retail outlets versus only health food stores as before I'm much more likely to continue using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

i used to not like this conditioner. thought it wasnt hydrating enough but really my hair was just so damaged i dont think anything could've helped it. because now iv cut my hair so its all healthy and this conditioner is awesome! Feels good in my hair, detangles, moisturizes, leaves my hair soft and a bit shiny. Bottles cute but difficult to work w/.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So initially I liked this product because it is "natural" it has a lot of essential oils in it and it actually did make my hair soft and smooth. I did use this in conjunction with the shampoo and the vitapro leave in conditioner and my hair felt well conditioned. However I am only giving this 4 stars for a few things, 1 it didn't exactly make my hair feel as silky as I would have liked it and 2 there is a synthentic preservative in it that they labeled as "natural" for marketing purposes. Its not natural but if there are some out there who don't care then by all means condition away but if you are more aware of whats going on than I suggest Aubrey Organics or Miessence or something. I did purchase the shampoo and the conditioner and the leave in because they are really inexpensive and I wanted to try it out. I might use this line again but maybe when I am strapped for cash again and need to use a different conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. My hair is fine but naturally has volume at the roots. This conditioner made my hair completely flat on top and my ends looked like I'd dunked them in oil. I'm not crazy about the scent either. After the first bad experience, I figured I could at least finish the bottle by using it for deep conditioning. Nope. Didn't work. No matter how dry my hair was before, it always turned my hair into a dirty, unwashed-looking mess. This is not to say that it moisturized my hair too well or anything. When I switch to a different conditioner, my hair goes back to looking like it did before I used SaS on it.