Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

on 7/21/2010 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It didn't make my hair itself worse, but didn't do anything special for it either. The real problem was that about midway through the bottle I started to develop some wicked dandruff. I can't say what exactly in the ingredients caused it, but better steer clear if you have a sensitive scalp.

on 7/14/2010 2:24:00 PM

Love how this conditioner feels like it must be chock full of silicones, when it doesnt have any. Nice clean scent. Seems to help with moisture, although i use olive oil as a pre condition, so i might be biased. Organic, all natural, and fairly inexpensive.

on 7/3/2010 3:29:00 PM

This conditioner works best for damaged hair that needs protein. If your hair is merely dry or normal this might not work for you. My hair is colored and permed so it needs the protein. I've bought this over and over again and it has replaced Joico Kpak conditioner for me. It smells great and does not leave a heavy slip feeling. 5/5

Smells nice, pretty bottle and healthy ingredients. However, it is very, very drying. I assumed a conditioner called "Smooth as Silk" would be moisturizing, but I was wrong. My hair is normal to dry, and it was left so dry after using this that I could barely get a brush through my hair. If your hair is very oily, it might be ok, but otherwise, don't bother.

on 6/4/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great smell (very light) and very silky smooth while on the hair. 'seems' to make my hair softer though i cant be sure yet as ive only tried it for once. will update again.

update: totally dried up my hair. i had a hair cut just before i started using this (to get rid of my split ends) but just after bout 10days of using this series(shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc), i now have a full head of split ends! unbelieveable! i wanted to remove ALL the lipies but it seems that i need to give a minimum 1 so there u are (the 1 lippie)

now im back to using the commercial shampoo and conditioner and wonder what to do with the remaining product...

on 5/23/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst conditioners that I've ever used. It was not moisturizing at all even though I thought that it would be because it had great slip in the shower when I applied it and rinsed it out. But it definitely dried out my hair overtime. Definitely will not ever re-purchase.

on 4/27/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this for $1 at the local 'overstock' store along with the Smooth as Silk shampoo.

Unlike the shampoo, the conditioner has a very faint scent. At first glance, it seems like the texture of the conditioner would be very thick when applied to my hair, but my hair didn't soak it up like I thought it would. It's not runny or anything, but I just wasn't impressed by it's moisturizing quality.

It doesn't balance with the shampoo very well, as the shampoo is very stripping and the conditioner doesn't moisturize enough, so my hair feels dried out if I forget to use a deep conditioner.

on 4/12/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I saw this at Target while looking for shampoo/conditioner that is sulfate-free and cruelty-free. And I found Giovanni!

on 2/26/2010 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This conditioner provides my curls with the necessary moisture to make styling afterwards a breeze. The slip is great and detangling my hair is so much easier. I'm not fond of the packaging as it is pretty thick and the bottle does not store upside down. The price isn't too bad and I usually stock up when it goes on sale. Now that I can find this product in mainstream retail outlets versus only health food stores as before I'm much more likely to continue using it.

on 2/25/2010 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i used to not like this conditioner. thought it wasnt hydrating enough but really my hair was just so damaged i dont think anything could've helped it. because now iv cut my hair so its all healthy and this conditioner is awesome! Feels good in my hair, detangles, moisturizes, leaves my hair soft and a bit shiny. Bottles cute but difficult to work w/.

Top Rated Giovanni Products