August 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

A friend who is a makeup artist told me to use this, and said it was wonderful. She was right! I bought this at a costume supply store for super cheap. I, myself, didn't like the packaging too much so I used someone else's idea and bought some cheap-o powder, dumped it out, washed out the tub and filled it with this powder. Talk about perfect! The powder is so smooth and silky and goes on great. It is many hours before my skin starts to get shiny (which is a miracle since my face is a greasy mess) and when it does, I just fluff on a little bit of this and no more oil. Luckily this didn't break me out as well, considering I have uber-sensitive skin. Bottom line: perfect for any budget and virtually any skin type :)

**Update**
I ran out of my dry shampoo and my hair was looking pretty bad, I put this on my roots....and no more oil, I use it as my dry shampoo now. LOL, love love love this stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Geez louise, What oh what is wrong with my face that almost nothing, including this highly rated product, will work for me???? I had super, duper high hopes and did not mind the cheap packaging cuz um it's dirt cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. I passed this on to a co-worker since it is whole bunch of product and did not want it just sitting in my medicine cabinet. On to trying Kryolan anti-shine powder. Hope I fair better with that since it's a bit more pricey. Please makeup Gods all I want is for a shine free face....at least for like 5 hours and then I don't mind reapplying :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I actually got this at a Halloween store to set my white face makeup I was wearing as part of my costume. I believe it cost $6 for my 0.9 oz. container. after Halloween, I have been using it with my everyday makeup. it gives me a very natural look! I would say it looks better than any other powder I've ever used. granted, it is my first and only translucent powder. I'm not a big fan of the packaging, as it actually has to be sprinkled out like baby powder, but then again the packaging is travel friendly, unlike other loose powders I've used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

Great product! :D
Now I don't know what to do with all of my old expensive powders :( Since I bought this on ebay (from funhousetheathrical), I don't need any other powder!

PROS:
* cheap cheap cheap!!! You get a lot of product for 6-9 $
* translucent - has no colour, doesn't change colour of your foundation (good if you have just the right foundation colour and don't want to ruin it with some extra colour)
* the most finely milled powder I've ever had (and I've had many!) - very natural result :D
* didn't break me out (my skin likes to react to anything)
* keeps skin matte

CONS:
* the jar it comes in looks kinda cheap-looking and you have to use a paper (that's actually something the MAC lady told me,so I guessed this isn't "the only jar with problems") or it's tiny lid. You could also use some other old powder-case you have

This works great over liquid foundation, but I wouldn't like to wear it on bare skin though,because it doesn't really set that way. It doesn't have amazing staying power, but I would say that it helps my oil better than anything I've ever tried :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by RuskiCho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful powder. It really does what everyone says. It takes away shine without altering makeup color, and really just helps my skin look natural and nice. The packaging is okay-- you can shake it into the lid and that helps. I don't think this has the best staying power there is, but it's not bad either! Ben Nye doesn't test on animals which is a huge bonus. I would recommend this product to anyone, but especially if you have a hard time find a "light" or "translucent" color powder light enough for your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I got scared coz of the white color but it blends well with my skintone. I used this during a shoot and this prevents my makeup from caking and fading.

For my full review and swatches:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by CherryBlossom46

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG loose setting powder!!!
It may not be as fancy or famous as others but I think this stuff is amazing!!!It's very light and soft,it doesn't leave a chalky finish and it's extremely long wearing.
I use this every day with a puff/brush to set my concealer (brilliant for that) and to cut the shine left by my moisturizer.
You only need a very small amount every time, so this will last and last!
If you have particulary oily skin or you live in very hot/humid places and sweat is always a challenge this powder is great for this too!
Don't be fool by its color, it won't leave a white cast on your face and it will not alter the color of your foundation either.Plus...it's super cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My newly favorite setting powder! I've been testing it out for 2 weeks and i am so happy this product works out for me. I am not a fan of the packaging. I use my empty loose powder case from my lancome and transferred the ben nye product there. I use a nice powder fluff and pat it over my face after i'm done doing my make up. it doesn't leave a white cast over my face. (tested even with photograph with or without flash). it's not drying my face or crevices of my face ( especially sides of the nose and chin) but it does a good function of oil-control. i use it hand it hand with my ben nye matte foundation. I have yet to try with other foundations like my mac studio fix and revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by radiocure11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to add the ingredients list above, but for some reason, it won't let me. So I'm adding them here:
Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.
HTH someone! Took me forever to find the ingredients online!

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great