July 30, 2014 | 2026 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

Baby powder is amazing for so many different reasons.
First off, it is a fantastic dry shampoo. And although I love my rockaholic brand dry shampoo, I use baby powder more because it is cheaper and I think it does a better job. I just tap it into my roots when I section off my hair and then style it. I don't have to worry about it showing because I'm blonde- but a blowdryer would fix that if it was a problem.

Next, it is amazing as a setting for makeup. A lot like mineral veil but it lasts a lot longer! No greasy t zone and no need for blotting papers.

Also, works great in heels to keep your feet from sliding around or, ew, sweating! Also keeps away stinky feet- winner!

Of course, for the price- it makes the product completely amazing and the fact that you can buy it anywhere makes is double fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For some reason the fragrace of this product is different from the bottle I have from the 90s, which was more "powdery" and "floral". Yes, I have a bottle from the 90s. I used the powder in the old bottle a few times as a dry shampoo but wasn't too thrilled about having to work the powder into my hair. I have black hair and white powder needs to be brushed into it quite thoroughly. I think I might have also used the old powder a few times as a body powder but I didn't really need a body powder, well I don't need one now. OK, I don't know why I had that bottle. Perhaps it was in my parent's bathroom cabinet, which means the bottle is much older than I suspect. Anyway... I gave that bottle away to someone who was complaining about an itchy neck. So I purchased a new bottle for the purpose of using as a mattifying powder on my FACE (what dumb idea, should have listened to my mother who said, "Why would you do that? You have sensitive skin!"). It gave me the WORST reaction since the time I tested a liquid foundation containing silicones, and silicones always make me BREAK OUT! BEWARE! BREAK OUTS! I don't know if I'm sensitive to talc or the fragrance. I suspect it might be the fragrance. I have fairly sensitive skin though, for everyone else this powder is quite useful... although I don't know what to use it for. But at least it wasn't expensive. It costs $1.99AUD at Priceline, money that I could have probably tossed into a wishing well.

P.S. Yes, it does actually mattify and it transparent once buffed into your face -- well, my face. Too bad about the horrible BREAK OUT.

Ingredients: talc, parfum.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by RaindropsNRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the smell--calming and comforting; good for so many uses. I'm uncomfortable about the articles associating baby powder with phlates, asbestos, talc issues: "Breathing in talcum powder can lead to very serious lung problems, even death" -- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002719.htm -- but I'll probably keep using it anyway

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have used it on my body especially underarms & on my oily hair for a quick dry/oil control technique. It works. But for the face I would not recommend it as its just not too good for you in my opinion. For now I can only say that I might buy it for the hair reason.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

i couldn't use this product on my face as it's so caky .also I wonder
how anyone can use it on her hair unless she is a platinum blond
also it's very loose so it can be inhaled very easily whenever you
use it. be aware of using it on babies becouse many can be
allergic

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a really cheap, great product to douse yourself with to remove moisture from your skin before waxing your arms/legs/underarms. Otherwise, not recommended for use on yourself or your babies. The talc is said to be carcinogenic if inhaled.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Add me to the list of people who use baby powder on their face instead of spending $$$ on pressed/loose cosmetic powders. I used to have to buy specially formulated stark-white powders that cost an arm and a leg, because no drugstore or low-end powders were light or cool-toned enough for my skin - all of them would leave me looking blotchy and orangey/yellowy. But really, I cannot justify spending so much on a powder... and when I realized I had run out of that expensive powder one day, I figured I would use baby powder until I could get a backup. After trying the baby powder, a backup isn't necessary, I've switched over to this full time! Keeps my face matte for several hours, matches my skin tone, and is cheap, to boot.

As for the claims that it causes cancer, I'm hardly concerned. Unless you're huffing the powder multiple times a day, I doubt it's very harmful... damn near everything seems to cause a cancer scare these days. Use it sparingly, don't snort the stuff, and you'll be fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkrose838

AmazingAmazingAmazing blotting powder, keeps my skin as matte as it gets, but pleaseplease stay away from it!! even the johnson and johnson company warns to keep this product away from the face, as to avoid inhalation - in other words, inhalation could cause cancer, and who wants that? It might be amazing, but stay away :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

I have never thought to review this before but I use it as a dry shampoo and it works great. I bought small can of Oscar Bland dry shampoo because I loved the small can it was in, great for my purse makeup bag, but it was so horrible that I realized before forking out $$ on another dry shampoo I will just stick with what I have been using for years. I have a small container of this that has lasted forever! It's a quick fix for those days when I don't have time to shampoo my hair and I will use this to put my hair up in a French twist or poofed pony tail. Try it, what have you got to lose, only a few dollars if it doesn't work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Princesslisax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a setting powder for the first time yesterday.

My face didn't get only at all. No break-outs YET *knocks on wood*. My face did not look cakey or anything. I tried the MAC Prep&Prime translucent powder last week & it works about the same. The only thing I don't like is that it's scented. Next time I will get unscented.

I have two boys, so this is their baby powder LOL. I just used it to see if it really works great as a setting powder. I didn't need much to apply on. So this big ol bottle that I have will last me MONTHS.

I could care less about the packaging. This is meant to be a baby product. I just pour it in my empty BE container & apply with a kabuki brush.