Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

on 12/15/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE IT!

i was soooo suprised to find that even using it every day for diaper chages, a bottle(?) has laster 18 MONTHS! a single package! amazing!

and after bath time we even dust a little all over our LO to keep him dry and soft. works great, and then he smalls all nice :)

we've never had any skin irritation or anything, and my skin is somewhat sensitive

on 12/4/2011 9:42:00 PM

Best usages for this product:

-Dry shampoo, as already mentioned. When your hair is getting greasy and you don't want to wash it, put some on, try to get it in at the scalp. The whiteness will go away after some time, if not, take your blowdryer to get rid of the excess
-deodorant - this is if you don't sweat too much, it's very light
-RUBBING (Best tip EVER alert!!!) - in the summer when you're wearing a dress/skirt and your thighs start rubbing together. To avoid the pain and swelling that rubbing causes, use baby powder!! It's a miracle worker for those of us with larger thighs, or as I like to call them, "thunder thighs" (FYI large thighs are sexy)

on 7/6/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use baby powder before I started to use Batiste dry shampoo. It works just as well but you need to be careful with the amount you apply since it can come off looking a little powdery especially if you have dark hair. I only stopped because I preferred the convenience of a can. (I know, I'm lazy). But, there are endless uses for baby powder. As a kid during swim practices, we used baby powder in swim caps to prevent the rubber from sticking together. Works as a deodorant too!

on 4/13/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

best dry shampoo EVER!!! i recently cut my hair to shoulder length and I have to straighten it because it's cut through where it would usually wave so it just looks awkward. because it's smooth and straight i find myself touching/playing with it all day that by the next day it's super greasy and i HAVE to wash it. i used this as a dry shampoo last night and TOnight my hair still looks dry and does not need washing which means i can wash it every two days instead of every other day! i have dark hair so it looked powdery at first but i shook it off and i guess sleeping helped with absorption? because this morning it looked fine. got the cornstarch kind and i love the scent

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love baby powder - for the skin and the hair.
I always apply it after baths and use it as a dry shampoo (though I have to be careful as my hair is dark, and if I apply too much it looks grey... and 16 year olds don't have grey hair!).
I just recently started using it as a setting powder... I really like it as I am SUPER fair and this helps my other foundations and powders match my skintone.
I'm just a bit wary now about the talc in it - then again, I'm sure 90% of the make-up we wear has things that can harm us in it, they're just not widely talked about (*cough*MAC*cough*). I will continue to use it, just not excessively.
I may actually start plugging my nose and closing my mouth when I apply it, just to be on the safe side!

on 2/15/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love baby powder! When I started stretching hair washes I used this as a dry shampoo and it did the job well. Now after reading other reviews I MUST try it as a setting powder.

on 1/22/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love J&J baby powder! My favorite scents are Blossom and another one in a blue bottle? I'm not sure of the name. I love putting this on during the summer so I can stay cool longer. The cornstarch version also clears up my skin of ezcema better than any topical oinment etc. I love how its inexpensive too. There's so many uses for it!

on 1/2/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love baby powder but have to add a note regarding the previous posters mention of using talc , Talc is very bad to use it has been known to cause female cancers and is not good to use , Please be aware of this and use the cornstarch version of any baby powder they all have that version

on 1/2/2011 6:29:00 AM

this is great you cant go wrong with talc! i use this on myself and the kids after baths and its great for cold winter nights to dry and warm you up quickly!

on 12/25/2010 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Just like Tyra Banks' beauty secret is vaseline, my beauty secret is my holy grail baby powder! A great smelling liquid absorbent, this makes an excellent deodorant , and can keep just about any body part dry, sweat free and feeling lovely. Also can be used on intimate areas and during intimate moments to ensure a pleasant smell, and a dry feel. Talc, the main ingredient of baby powder, is also frequently used in many setting powders for makeup. Thus, it effectively sets makeup, and I personally believe it works even better than regular setting powder, keeping my makeup intact through thick and thin. It also works great to blot oil and absorb sweat during the summer. Will never be without this again.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products