MAC #219 Pencil Brush

4.6

on 4/25/2011 3:17:00 AM

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of this brush. It's scratchy and irritates my eyes; the bristles and handle smell horrible; and the hairs remain stained w/ eyeshadow (even after washing multiple times). Maybe I got a dud, but this is definitely going back! =(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

If I could have only one brush, it would be this one. It is my go to brush for creating a smokey eye. I looooooooove this brush!!!

on 3/24/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in the travel size. The brush is ok, except the bristles are a bit slanted to one side. Even after washing it and letting it air-dry, I can't seem to get the tip to stay straight and center-pointed. I still use the brush quiite often. Great for defining the crease and making precision lines.

on 3/23/2011 10:13:00 PM

My most used brush. Great for crease and even upper eyelid lining. No shedding, no staining. I've had it for years and if I lost this one, I'd buy another.

on 2/28/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a must have for me. I only use this, the 239 and 217 and they are all I need for perfect eye makeup. This brush makes applying crease and outer v colour easy. Ive had mine for years and its still going strong. I will buy this brush again if I need to.

on 2/28/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This brush is a must for anyone who loves smokey eyes. I use mine for smudgey liner and for blending shadow through my crease and outer v. It's not an everyday brush for me because I don't do smokey eyes daily but it's still a must have for whenever I do.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: Outer V is easier to do. Lining my lower lashline is faster and the look is softer. Hair have not stained even with dark brown and grey shadows. No shedding. Thin handle so easy to hold.
Cons: More costly than drugstore type. Uses animal hair.

So worth it if you can get past the real hair thing. Will repurchase but this will last me years. Until I have bought Sigma or other rave brands, will leave Overall Rating at 4.

on 2/1/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If there was an earthquake or some natural disaster, and I only had a chance of saving ONE thing from my cosmetics collection, it would be this brush. I LOVE it, I use it everyday. Love it for smudging eyeliner, love it for precise eyeshadow application on the lower lashline and on the outer corner of my eye... and on the inner corner... oh Lord, I love it. I love it so much I had to get an extra one (what if I need to apply a light color on the inner corner of my eye and I've already smudged black liner with it? I was in desperate need of an extra one). I do have the Sigma version of this one, and it's not the same, that one is softer, and I love how firm the MAC one is. This is by far my MAC favorite brush, get it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What I like about this brush is that it is very pointy. I am very glad that I bought this instead of the sigma one. It just made my life easier although I have to admit that this is very expensive. I have rather small eyes and every precision is needed when I do my outer V. I guess I could still do an outer V with a more fluffy round crease brush. But I will not be able to easily cover the groove area or do my under eyelash area with the same brush. It is a lazy man's brush. Do everything together. I am deducting one lippie bcos this brush is still alittle scratchy for the price I am using. I need to be very gentle when using it in order to not poke myself. haha

on 1/14/2011 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

An absolutely fantastic brush! I use it mainly for smudging and putting shadow beneath my eyes. The hairs are plenty stiff so it's not too fluffy at all. A great purchase!

Popular Makeup Brushes