April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jaimeleigh2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas from my MIL. I had been eyeing them for a few months after reading such glowing reviews on here, but I decided to wait to see if I would get it as a present. I am so happy I did. This works beautifully to separate my lashes, and remove any chunks. I admit that since I started usings Prestige My Biggest Lashes, I haven't needed to use this as much. But I'd definitely use this before any of my other combs. If I ever lost this or managed to break it, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by feiste

I love this amazing little tool! I hate spidery, clumpy lashes and this ensures that no matter what mascara I use, the resulting lashes are clump free. But since I have oily eyes, most mascaras end up smudging on me plus it also seems that almost every mascara in the market flakes on me. So I use this together with my most favourite mascara in the world: Fresh Supernova. I find that if you put mascara on one eye, then on the other and return to comb the eyelashes on the first eye, you get the best results, since the mascara isn't so runny anymore that you take almost everything off but is still wet enough for you to run the comb through. And then, if you want to add volume, just repeat the steps. I've caked three layers (and by layers, I mean inserting wand back into tube three times) onto the eyelashes of each eye and still ended up with perfect, sooty, defined eyelashes.

It's probably the most helpful thing ever for mascara beginners and/or for people who like thicker formulations but don't want their lashes to stick together. To be honest though, now that I am accomplished at mascara application (I know I sound like a braying ass but I am actually quite good at this; I've impressed a lot of makeup counter SAs who were at first shockingly angry when I commandeered the mascara wand), it sometimes seems a little superfluous to use this comb when I only slick on a coat or two of mascara to get a more everyday look.

Still, it is a most handy tool and everyone has mascara-applying off days. The only thing is that the teeth are VERY sharp. Plus, it's most efficient when you wash it every time after you use it. I'm on my second comb now but I only replaced the first one because a tooth had dropped out. Not a biggie as it worked ok without one tooth and Tweezerman would probably have replaced it but it was an excuse to get the more snazzy foldable version.

This was a very long review so if you only skim reviews, let me summarise in capslock to get your attention: GET THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by RavenStar

I LOVE this comb! I works great to really separate your lashes - I find it much better that the plastic combs. Gives your lashes a nice, feathery look. It is easy to clean and lasts a long time; I've had mine for years. The part that holds the metal teeth fell out once, but i just popped it back in and it has been fine ever since.

The only problem I can see with this is that if you are trying to build up several coats of mascara, it may not work as well, because the teeth are really close together, and I've noticed that when I use it with multiple coats, it takes off some of the mascara. When I want a more dramatic look, I separate the first coat with this comb, and then use a spoolie brush to gently separate subsequent coats.

And watch out for the points - they are VERY sharp! Lucky, it folds up so it doesn't catch on anything in your makeup bag. And besides, you should be paying pretty close attention when you are putting on eye makeup anyway :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by nataleighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! It makes my lashes look extra long and bright. The packaging is great--the fact that it folds in is a huge plus, to help protect it from other things in your kit. I don't understand the reviews that complain about the sharpness of the comb...it's basically a bunch of needles all in a row. Don't use this when your attention isn't fully on what you're doing, don't use it in a moving car, don't use it after consuming copious amounts of caffeine. The steadier your hand, the less likely you are to take your eye out.

As far as cleaning goes, I use a kid's toothbrush, super soft, with a little alcohol. I've had the product for 2+ months and have cleaned it multiple times and had no problems with teeth falling out.

Price point: I got this from Ulta, where it's been on sale the past few months on and off for $8.10 USD, regular price $9.00. Great value for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BelindaJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little device - don't even bother with plastic ones. I paid $20AUD for mine, but I still think it's worth it.
One question to those who use this though . . . how do you clean it? Just with eye makeup remover??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best lash comb ever! It's about ten dollars at Sally's and worth every penny. De-clumps in seconds and you're done. Yes, it is metal and sharp so you have to be a bit careful but other than that this is a must-have tool in any beauty bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by careyoung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best little device... de-clumps mascara perfectly with no fuss. Problem solved. Love it love it love it! Never again be that girl with the goopey eyes :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It took me about a year to find this little Eye Lash Comb. I don't remember where I first heard about it but anytime I saw Tweezerman products I looked for it. I finally found it at an Ulta store that just opened near me. It works exactly as it should. Plastic combs are a waste of time and money. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a steady hand because it is basically a row of very sharp needles which could probably do some damage if you aren't very careful.

Someone mentioned having to do some explaining about this tool at the airport . . . I didn't take mine on a recent flight because I was afraid it would be confiscated and it was too expensive and hard to find to risk losing that way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

Perfect weapon for separating lashes and removing unwanted clumps from mascara.

Metal combs are sharp so one has to be careful.

Pricey and does not come with packaging but I can deal with that because it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There isn't much to add that hasn't already been said dozens of times, but this tool is a MUST-HAVE for any mascara-user. I laughed out loud at the warning on the packaging saying that the teeth/tines were "very tapered." Translation: "Sharp-as-needles, beware!" ;)
Does a beautiful job and reminds me why the plastic ones are useless bits cluttering up our stash. Toss 'em out and buy this one!