August 20, 2014 | 1531 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me, the Tweezerman Metal Eyelash Comb is one of those tools that has been around forever, but that I never actually got around to purchasing. I added it to my Folica account to qualify for free shipping, but only after it arrived and I actually used it did I realize what I've been missing out on.

This little gadget is a big deal! It makes any mascara look amazing on your lashes because you really don't have to worry about whether the new-fangled mascara brush with the hourglass shaped brush, the multi-bristled bristles, the cob-brush, blah, blah, blah, lol , is actually going to make a difference. The eyelash comb does not vibrate, whirl around or do other technical things, it works the old-fashioned way - it COMBS. The teeth are firm and sharp, so I do this at home and not while multi-tasking something else. No more wiping off the mascara wand, no more more mascara on your fingers or your face, no more clumped up lashes.

The key is to comb through your lashes while wet, get a second coat on (if you like) and comb through again. Take your time and do each lash - it really does make a difference. I take a tissue and wipe off the teeth so that the mascara does not build up. My only regret is that I did not purchase this sooner. Don't wait! If you are a regular mascara wearer, you need this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jesshunter

Have been using this for years.....my mascara secret! Declumps any formula easily. Being metal, you have to be careful near the eye, but end results are worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by charissez

LOVE this. its the best separator EVER. it makes any mascara look good. removes every single clump without fail everytime. just requires a clean once in a while. highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Misha40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot live without this. Nothing separates my lashes and removes clumps like a metal eyelash comb.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by changja2

This is been great for me as my anemic lashes tend to clump together big time, no matter which mascara I use.
It still leaves the occasional blob on the end of my lashes but I just pick these off with my fingers.
I use a clean CoverGirl lastblast mascara wand to wash between the tines and this removes 100% of the residue.
The coomb needs to be cleaned between uses to make it most effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jaimeleigh2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas from my MIL. I had been eyeing them for a few months after reading such glowing reviews on here, but I decided to wait to see if I would get it as a present. I am so happy I did. This works beautifully to separate my lashes, and remove any chunks. I admit that since I started usings Prestige My Biggest Lashes, I haven't needed to use this as much. But I'd definitely use this before any of my other combs. If I ever lost this or managed to break it, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by feiste

I love this amazing little tool! I hate spidery, clumpy lashes and this ensures that no matter what mascara I use, the resulting lashes are clump free. But since I have oily eyes, most mascaras end up smudging on me plus it also seems that almost every mascara in the market flakes on me. So I use this together with my most favourite mascara in the world: Fresh Supernova. I find that if you put mascara on one eye, then on the other and return to comb the eyelashes on the first eye, you get the best results, since the mascara isn't so runny anymore that you take almost everything off but is still wet enough for you to run the comb through. And then, if you want to add volume, just repeat the steps. I've caked three layers (and by layers, I mean inserting wand back into tube three times) onto the eyelashes of each eye and still ended up with perfect, sooty, defined eyelashes.

It's probably the most helpful thing ever for mascara beginners and/or for people who like thicker formulations but don't want their lashes to stick together. To be honest though, now that I am accomplished at mascara application (I know I sound like a braying ass but I am actually quite good at this; I've impressed a lot of makeup counter SAs who were at first shockingly angry when I commandeered the mascara wand), it sometimes seems a little superfluous to use this comb when I only slick on a coat or two of mascara to get a more everyday look.

Still, it is a most handy tool and everyone has mascara-applying off days. The only thing is that the teeth are VERY sharp. Plus, it's most efficient when you wash it every time after you use it. I'm on my second comb now but I only replaced the first one because a tooth had dropped out. Not a biggie as it worked ok without one tooth and Tweezerman would probably have replaced it but it was an excuse to get the more snazzy foldable version.

This was a very long review so if you only skim reviews, let me summarise in capslock to get your attention: GET THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by RavenStar

I LOVE this comb! I works great to really separate your lashes - I find it much better that the plastic combs. Gives your lashes a nice, feathery look. It is easy to clean and lasts a long time; I've had mine for years. The part that holds the metal teeth fell out once, but i just popped it back in and it has been fine ever since.

The only problem I can see with this is that if you are trying to build up several coats of mascara, it may not work as well, because the teeth are really close together, and I've noticed that when I use it with multiple coats, it takes off some of the mascara. When I want a more dramatic look, I separate the first coat with this comb, and then use a spoolie brush to gently separate subsequent coats.

And watch out for the points - they are VERY sharp! Lucky, it folds up so it doesn't catch on anything in your makeup bag. And besides, you should be paying pretty close attention when you are putting on eye makeup anyway :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by nataleighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! It makes my lashes look extra long and bright. The packaging is great--the fact that it folds in is a huge plus, to help protect it from other things in your kit. I don't understand the reviews that complain about the sharpness of the comb...it's basically a bunch of needles all in a row. Don't use this when your attention isn't fully on what you're doing, don't use it in a moving car, don't use it after consuming copious amounts of caffeine. The steadier your hand, the less likely you are to take your eye out.

As far as cleaning goes, I use a kid's toothbrush, super soft, with a little alcohol. I've had the product for 2+ months and have cleaned it multiple times and had no problems with teeth falling out.

Price point: I got this from Ulta, where it's been on sale the past few months on and off for $8.10 USD, regular price $9.00. Great value for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BelindaJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little device - don't even bother with plastic ones. I paid $20AUD for mine, but I still think it's worth it.
One question to those who use this though . . . how do you clean it? Just with eye makeup remover??