Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

This really isn't bad foundation as cheap as it is. I don't think it has extreme lasting power, but if I set it with powder, it lasts me decently well throughout a work shift which is usually 6-7 hours, so I'm okay with that for a cheap drugstore foundation. It feels almost like a tinted moisturizer would, it's very light and not cakey feeling. I have used it before and if I remember right, my oily skin isn't too terribly irritated by it. It's definitely a good buy if you want something casually lighter once in a while and you're not expecting miracles as far as longevity of its wear.

I also say it's maybe... mid-coverage, ish. It definitely won't cover bright red bumps or anything large, definitely NO beauty marks or anything, but it will help minimize redness... so if you don't have large bumps, just some redness, this would probably be perfect foundation for you.

As far as buying this product again, this is actually a review I thought to do the second time buying it. While I don't use it every day, I can also say the packaging is sound and the foundation lasts if you don't use it that often, my first container I had for a little over a year and it never dried up or seemed to work any less efficiently.

Not a bad foundation for a drug store find... don't expect makeup counter results, but it does it's job decently. It's not one of those you angrily throw away because it's not worth going all the way back to the store for a return.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this a few months ago because I was tired of all the heavy, mask-like foundations I'd tried that were very difficult to wash off and irritated my skin. This felt very light and hydrating, yet didn't make me look oily(and I have very oily skin). My skin had no negative reactions to this. In fact, within 2 weeks of using this I noticed a difference in my skin for the better. My breakouts decreased, my skin felt smoother, softer, and just healthier after I washed the makeup off. The coverage is light to medium, depending on if you use concealer or try to build it up, but after all the good effects it was having on my skin I didn't need full coverage. Price is great, about $5 at Walmart for 1 oz, and you can often find it on sale or buy 1 get 1 free. Cover Girl also offers coupons very often. So, why only 3 lippies? THE COLOR SELECTION. Cover Girl makeup has ALWAYS had very pink undertones. I am fair-medium with a very warm undertone(pretty much yellow). The closest shade I found was soft honey, which seemed to match indoors but in the sunlight it was obvious it didn't match my neck and chest. It looked too dark and beige, no yellow undertones at all. Buff Beige looked like it might have enough yellow, but was a tad too light. If Cover Girl ever comes up with more shades to better suit warm/yellow undertones, I'll definitely try this again. But I would definitely recommend this to ladies with neutral/cool undertones.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This foundation has ended my search for my HG. I am 41 w/ sensitive, combo / dry skin, rosacea skin. This works for me b/c it matches my skin color perfectly (buff beige). I have very light olive toned skin & have a very hard time finding a color match. And it has a very skin like finish while covering my redness (I do have to layer it over areas that need more coverage). When I am oilier, I top this w/ the CG fresh complexion pocket powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with Shannon24 - I gave up a high end & high priced tinted moisturizer once I got my hands on this in a swap, quite by accident. She's in high school & raving about it - I am mid-40's & raving about it. Covers better than a TM but still not as heavy as a full-coverage foundation. I have dry & sensitive skin - this does not dry me out or cause a reaction on me. And a whole heck of alot cheaper than the snooty-patooty TM I just put up for swap! :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm more of a tinted mosturizer girl. But I wanted a foundation to wear to a upcoming formal. That way I had a little more coverage. My skin is normal/dry. Especially in these winter months it has been dry in areas. So I wanted something mosturizing and not cakey. This is it! I love it. Its mosturizing and glides on great. Really nice color selection to. This is more on the lighter side of foundation. Not full coverage but perfect for me since I want a more natural look.

Price is great to! Around 5-6 dollars at Walmart! Don't buy at CVS they want double the price!

Anyway would recommend for dry or normal skin girls and those who want a lighter foundation coverage!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While I thought this foundation was okay, I wouldn't buy it again. I thought it was more of a tinted mosturizer than a foundation. I needed to put on a few layers to even cover up the redness on my face. Very hydrating though, I must say.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this product is pretty amazing especially for the price and the quailty of it. For reference I have combination skin basically during summer it can tend to be kind of on the oily side and during winter it starts getting on the dry side. I'm tan so I usually don't put on foundation on but If I do I like foundation that's barely there. The foundation itself in my opinion is like a tinted moisturizer very sheer barely there coverage. It feels almost like a lotion or gel cream applying it and dries within a minute or two. It dries to a matte finish but you still have this nice glowy look. It's extremely light weight feels as though your wearing nothing. There are so many mixed reviews on this product. This is an all day hydrating makeup therefore if you have oily skin I wouldn't think this product would work for you. For the people that are saying it's cakey I did not find it to be cakey at all these people must be applying way too much. This foundation is sheer and will not cover much so your only going to get bad results if you continue to pile it on. I would recommed this product to someone with combination/dry skin. If you want barely there sheer coverage that is natural looking.

This is actually one of my favorite foundations. The only problem I have with it is that the lightest shade is still too dark unless it's the summer, which is how it usually is with me, considering I'm really pale. But other than that I love the dewy look it gives me!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I stumbled upon this product by complete and utter accident. I was visiting my family up north and forgot to pack my MAC foundation, so I immediately ran to the nearest grocery store to purchase a replacement. Seeing as my parents live in a small town, the only brand of makeup the store carried was CG, and this was pretty much the only liquid foundation, so I grabbed a bottle in 725 Buff Beige, and I must say that I am impressed. First and foremost, the color is perfect. It isn't pink at all and isn't orange either like MAC's NC shades. The formula is light and spreads evenly with ease... this foundation is easily applied with fingers. Great medium coverage and lasts a pretty long time. The only con is that it tends to make my skin more oily than normal, but seeing as it's cooler & dryer out it's tolerable for now.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation! I was looking for something that wasn't too lightweight, but wasn't as heavy as full coverage.

This has light-medium coverage that is very build-able, and blends into my skin wonderfully! It moisturizes well and has managed to keep my oil at bay/not clog my pores despite it's non-oil-free formula. My perfect shade is Sun Honey, and it's PERFECT. My exact exact exact skin color, not too dark, not too light, so when it blends in, it looks so natural and makes me look like I have perfect skin.

I recommend this anyone who is looking for a light weight foundation, that isn't as light as a tinted moisturizer, and still has a build-able coverage.

P.S. If you have lighter skin, and don't have cool undertones, beware. A couple of the lighter shades are very pink.