OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 2/20/2011 4:47:00 PM

Forget "Vamp" and all those trendy colors trying to be dark and mysterious. This will never go out of style--deep, sultry red. In a word: perfect.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have an entire collection of red nail polish. I'm addicted to them, I can't help it. They're so classic and wearable any time of the year..it's hard not to love this classic color! This is absolutely without a doubt my favorite of my collection! Not too bright, but still a RED without looking too dark. A must have red for lovers like me!

on 10/14/2010 10:53:00 PM

I love this deep red! I usually have my nails painted red, but I needed something darker for the fall and winter. This is perfect on my olive skin tone. I use two coats to make the color more of a vampy sexy look. It matches all outfits.

on 9/23/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite deep red, but it looks a little too purple on it's own with my coloring so I pour out about a quarter of the bottle and add a brighter, classic red. Also, I don't like the brush OPI uses so I pour it in an Essie bottle. The OPI brush is too wide for me to use without making a mess.

on 9/22/2010 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing color! I have used several opi reds, but this is by far my favorite. The color is so rich and vampy. It's a very sexy old Hollywood type color. I've gotten so many compliments from all ages. Buy this color over any other opi deep red.

on 9/17/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful red color. Goes well with my semi-translucent pale skin tone, which doesn't pull off many reds without looking "cheap". This is my HG nail color, because if I find similar DS brands in similar tones, they tend to be temporary. Love this color!

on 9/10/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

another fab red by opi. it's a deep rich red, which does resemble wine/blood. not diluted blood, but straight blood, very dark and pigmented. if applied thickly, u can get away with 1 coat. i applied 3, cuz i kept smudging, so that's my own error. it dries quickly to a nice glossy finish. my hands look very elegant and polished. i can see many girls of different skin tones being able to pull this off.

on 8/16/2010 4:26:00 AM

This really is a beautiful red colour. At first when I purchased this product I didn't understand what all the fuss about it was, but it really has grown on me due to it's high shine, creamy consistancy and because it's so wearable. I seem to always opt for painting my nails this colour during winter because it goes with everything!

on 8/6/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a hard time keeping polish on my finger nails (I teach food and nutrition so my hands are always in water and at home, I'm "the mom" so it's more cooking and water and hand washing and dishes...). So it's not often that I'll go to the trouble of wearing a coloured polish on my fingers but I love Malaga Wine SOOOO much that for this polish, I will make the effort. It looks so elegant on my toes and my fingernails and I like the look so much that I actually make a point of wearing washing up gloves so that my manicure will last! A rich, elegant looking, very sophisticated looking shade. And it actually wears pretty well.

on 7/13/2010 10:52:00 AM

The perfect red nail polish, hard to describe, just beautiful! After reading the positive reviews I decided to challenge my prejudices and buy Malaga Wine and I'm so glad I did because it's the perfect red color, so so gorgeous!! It's classic and elegant and at the same time youthful. It's perfect for all ages, very beautiful on pale cool-toned skin, so easy to wear on both hands and toes, whether you have long or short nails. I love to wear this to give basic outfits with neutral colors a pop of color. Easy to apply with beautiful results, one layer is working for me. On the negative side, in some darker or fake lightnings the colour turns very dark and weird, kind of brownish, it's so annoying - one lippie off. I will buy it again and recommend it to everyone who is looking for the perfect red nail polish!

Popular Polishes