September 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price, this is a pretty good eye makeup remover. It removed all of my makeup without much strain. I still recommend the eye makeup remover from Mary Kay, but for your average drugstore product, this is fantastic! I would buy it again. The price is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

This is and has been my HQ eye makeup remover for 2 years. Referring to a comment by previous reviewer, I always use high-quality cosmetics whether they were purchased from a department store, specialty store or drugstore, and Rimmel's remover removes every trace of product from my eyes. I experience no irritation or residue, and can apply eye makeup immediately after use if necessary. Now, I use this differently than most, I think, and perhaps that's why I have such success with it. Rather than a cotton ball, cotton square or washcloth, I use a cotton swab. Removing the top of the bottle, I soak one end of the swab and swish over my eye area brow to lash and undereye. Then I take that wet end and rub it against my lashes and lashbase back and forth, left to right, as needed. Like I said, there is no eye irritation, so before rinsing that eye I soak the other end of the swab and repeat on my other eye. I rinse both eyes completely with water (and then wash my entire face) and my eyes, lashes, and lashbase is completely free of cosmetics. Let me add that I tightline with a VERY waterproof liquid liner every day (Wet n Wild H2O liquid liner) and Rimmel's product removes it completely. Whenever this is on sale I stock up! Try the cotton swab technique, you may fall in love with this remover too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I bought this specifically to remove Maybelline The Falsies wp mascara because my Target brand mu wipes weren't cutting it. Well this didn't either. It removes all other mu without a problem, but it did not remove much of that mascara. I have used this in the past and it was satisfactory, but I regret buying it recently to remove that mascara. If you need a general eye mu remover, this might be your find,but if you want to remove waterproof mascara, I'd say look somewhere else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LuckiJacki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Rimmel's Oil-Free Gentle Eye Make Up Remover at the recommendation of my Opthamologist. I was surprised that it worked so well. My Neutrogena Calming Makeup wipes apparently left an oily residue in my eyes that effected my vision and so I tried the Rimmel. It surprised me how well it removed every bit of make up and how quickly it removed it without the effort I used with the Neutrogena Wipes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very average eye makeup remover. It did remove most of my eye makeup, but I felt it tugged at my eyelashes too much and took too much work to get my mascara off, especially if it was waterproof. I also didn't like that I still always had dark circles under my eyes when I stepped out of the shower, even though I thought I took off all my makeup the night before. For a cheap eye makeup remover it will do the trick, but there are much better kinds out there for about the same price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

not gentle, makes my eyes sting. it says it takes off waterproof mascara, it can't even take off regular mascara! i could use 3 cotton pads on one eye and I will still have makeup. You really have to rub to make this somewhat work. left my eyes all red and raw. might as well try to take your makeup off with water than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaelda

I tend to use store brand oil-free make-up remover but since I couldn't find any I decided to try the Rimmel variety. Boy, am I disappointed! I figured oil-free removers were all the same but Rimmel's is exceptionally awful.

The amount of pressure and wiping needed left the area around my eye raw and it didn't even remove all of the make-up! Granted I use primers, smudge-proof, waterproof eyeliners, etc.. I still expect a make-up remover to remove make-up with ease! DO NOT BUY THIS MAKE-UP REMOVER if you use high quality make-up and prime your make-up before applying it. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this stuff for years. It's useless on mascara, but since I so rarely wear mascara, I don't mind this. Everything else, it melts like butter. I generally put a few drops on a piece of quarter-folded toilet paper, pop it on my eye for a few seconds, then wipe away the makeup. Works like a charm. I haven't experience any stinging with this product, but everyone is different in that department.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by spilledmilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's inexpensive and it works. It takes off all my eye makeup- foundation, primer, shadows, liner, mascara, the whole she-bang. It doesn't sting my eyes and it's oil-free so there's no film-y residue. What more do you need?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LaFilleBouclee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a drug store alternative to Mary Kay's oil free eye makeup remover (which is actually really good). This was on sale at Walgreens so I decided to give it a try. I was drawn to it because it claimed to be gentle & remove waterproof makeup. This makeup remover is a SHAM! It barely removed my eyeshadow. It did nothing for my eyeliner (waterproof liquid on upper lash line, standard pencil on lower waterline). I almost thought I heard my waterproof mascara LAUGHING at this stuff! The amount of scrubbing I had to do was alarming, and I lost a few eyelashes in the process (not cool). This remover might be good for someone who uses shadow on the lid only...no primer, base, liner, mascara, or anything else. But for me, epic fail!!