Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 5/23/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I have tried just about every drugstore pressed powder, and many high end powders, including the infamous Mac Blot, and I think this one is the one I'm finally going to settle on. I have a very oily t-zone, and while nothing will control my oil all day long, this stuff works really well. Also, with many powders I get a cakey or blotchy effect with touchups, but this stuff does what I want, blots oil, is translucent (I use Golden), and never gets cakey no matter what! Also, a lot of powders settle into my pores, but this actually helps my pores appear smaller. Oh, and I'm also very breakout prone, and this stuff does NOT cause breakouts for me! I do wish Maybelline would add some darker shades, but I can get by with Golden most of the year. I also use the Shine Free loose powder to set my makeup and I think it's my new favorite LOOSE powder. So two winners from Maybelline, yay! The packaging is ugly, but I love what's inside, so I will def. stick with this powder from now on!

I love this powder. I have used many powders, high and low end and this out of all I have ever tried is my favorite! There are four shades I think. One light and two medium and one dark. I bought the shade golden which is the most yellow based color out of them all. It is perfect. The powder when pressed on with the puff they include or used with a brush goes on sheer and natural, never cakey. The best thing is that it feels so clean and fresh like I'm not wearing anything at all. It takes away shine and makes my skin look fresh. I'm going to go buy more because I don't want to be without it! I just tried maybelline dream Matt powder prior to this and I hated dream Matt. I could feel it on my skin and it made me break out bad. I say go get maybelline shine free in the blue compact!

on 4/17/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is so weird. The formula is very dry and rough, Like iv never had a powder like it. You really have to rub the puff over it to try and get some powder on the puff/sponge. Its just bad. Wouldn't recommend it

on 4/2/2010 3:15:00 PM

Matches really well with my FAIR skin... I wear it without foundation, over moisturizer (olay original or clean & clear dual action) & only have to touch up my nose once a day. The only ime I have to do more than that is if I'm outside alot in the summer. I love how light it is & that it matches looks like there's nothing there! Has to be my HG, I threw out all my other powders & foundations!

on 3/30/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Light 02 and it works well. Keeps my oil skin fairly oil-free but it needs to blended very well. I sometimes wear this and this alone. Love.

on 2/26/2010 7:43:00 PM

I didn't know they still made this stuff! I used to use it in high school & really liked it, but always opted for cover girl cause it was cheaper & I liked the smell. But now that CG changed their compacts(hate!), raised their prices, and I wasn't crazy about NYC's powder, I'm back to Maybelline :)

This is actually quite a nice powder for $5. The compact, while kind of tacky(big blue plastic square), doesn't take up much space in my purse & you get a good sized pan of powder. The powder itself is finely-milled & makes my skin look really smooth & matte. It's not chalky or cakey at all, which is the problem I had with NYC. I have Ivory & it blends nicely with my pale skin. You DO have to blend well though- the texture is kinda 'powdery' & can leave noticeable deposits on your face if you're not careful. I walked around with a big spot of excess powder on my snout for a couple hours the other day.

It comes with a really nice soft puff. I reeeeally like the puff- CG's puff is a freakin' brillo pad compared to this one. This puff feels like chenille :) I'll update if I have any troubles.

on 2/24/2010 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well... I give this product an official "meh" rating. It's NOT the worst I've ever used and to be fair... it does control oil pretty well. I got one in Golden 05. I think that one is translucent?... maybe not. The product isn't as finely milled as I would like it to be. It is a drugstore brand so I can't really expect too much in that department, but I feel like I've seen better even within the drugstore realm. I tried using my travel powder brush with this (instead of a sponge for sanitary purposes) but because it's a very loose powder it ended up giving me WAY too much product on the brush and you have to do a bunch of tapping to keep from looking cake-y. So I went back to using a sponge. I feel like if you use too much of this product you will look cake-y. I keep it in my handbag for oily t-zone touch ups. Will I buy again? No, probably not. I'm off to search for a better product. The blue compact is rather large (which I love) but it's cheapie looking. I don't like that color and it's just very basic. It does have a mirror inside, which I think is a must... if you use too big of a puff or sponge you can't shut it properly.

on 1/12/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

bah... this thing gave me break outs. too bad coz i really liked the way it looked on me. smooth, and shine free for... 2 hours. lol..

on 12/5/2009 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

this is much better than the loose powder counterpart. my only problem with this product is that it doesn't have SPF at all. i wish maybelline would reformulate this product and put sunscreen in it.

on 11/22/2009 11:29:00 AM