October 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

This powder is so weird. The formula is very dry and rough, Like iv never had a powder like it. You really have to rub the puff over it to try and get some powder on the puff/sponge. Its just bad. Wouldn't recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by randagray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Matches really well with my FAIR skin... I wear it without foundation, over moisturizer (olay original or clean & clear dual action) & only have to touch up my nose once a day. The only ime I have to do more than that is if I'm outside alot in the summer. I love how light it is & that it matches looks like there's nothing there! Has to be my HG, I threw out all my other powders & foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Light 02 and it works well. Keeps my oil skin fairly oil-free but it needs to blended very well. I sometimes wear this and this alone. Love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't know they still made this stuff! I used to use it in high school & really liked it, but always opted for cover girl cause it was cheaper & I liked the smell. But now that CG changed their compacts(hate!), raised their prices, and I wasn't crazy about NYC's powder, I'm back to Maybelline :)

This is actually quite a nice powder for $5. The compact, while kind of tacky(big blue plastic square), doesn't take up much space in my purse & you get a good sized pan of powder. The powder itself is finely-milled & makes my skin look really smooth & matte. It's not chalky or cakey at all, which is the problem I had with NYC. I have Ivory & it blends nicely with my pale skin. You DO have to blend well though- the texture is kinda 'powdery' & can leave noticeable deposits on your face if you're not careful. I walked around with a big spot of excess powder on my snout for a couple hours the other day.

It comes with a really nice soft puff. I reeeeally like the puff- CG's puff is a freakin' brillo pad compared to this one. This puff feels like chenille :) I'll update if I have any troubles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Well... I give this product an official "meh" rating. It's NOT the worst I've ever used and to be fair... it does control oil pretty well. I got one in Golden 05. I think that one is translucent?... maybe not. The product isn't as finely milled as I would like it to be. It is a drugstore brand so I can't really expect too much in that department, but I feel like I've seen better even within the drugstore realm. I tried using my travel powder brush with this (instead of a sponge for sanitary purposes) but because it's a very loose powder it ended up giving me WAY too much product on the brush and you have to do a bunch of tapping to keep from looking cake-y. So I went back to using a sponge. I feel like if you use too much of this product you will look cake-y. I keep it in my handbag for oily t-zone touch ups. Will I buy again? No, probably not. I'm off to search for a better product. The blue compact is rather large (which I love) but it's cheapie looking. I don't like that color and it's just very basic. It does have a mirror inside, which I think is a must... if you use too big of a puff or sponge you can't shut it properly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bah... this thing gave me break outs. too bad coz i really liked the way it looked on me. smooth, and shine free for... 2 hours. lol..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

this is much better than the loose powder counterpart. my only problem with this product is that it doesn't have SPF at all. i wish maybelline would reformulate this product and put sunscreen in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just tried and like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product for the past four or five months, and so far, it's been working for me. My skin is pretty oily, and using this over my makeup helps to set it and prevent the oilies from breaking through. I do need to reapply it during the day, though. Overall, I'm not in love with it, but it will have to do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by darkangel81

This has always been my favorite compact powder. It really helps keep my face non-shiny. I always have oily skin and this one helps control the oil.