Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 6/25/2014 9:48:00 PM

I'm going to start by saying, it is not the cheapest powder out there, in terms of what you put on your card, but the price per ounce beats every single powder available. As for the packaging, I got the dome jar so it's pretty much the same as the bare minerals jar, although I do see how the larger ones can get messy.
Now on to the product itself, I cant comment n its highlighting properties, since it sort of matches my skin tone, but that's what makes it perfect to set my foundation. It made my concealer and foundation stay on all day. Yep. All day. It does seem very matte as soon as you put it on, and it can be a little difficult in winter, but I'd take that over crease-y concealer. But now that it's summer, this is the best oil control powder I have used, and unlike compact powders, although this has a little bit of a tint, it doesn't add coverage or oxidize. It actually looks pretty natural half hour after you put on your makeup. And I pretty much didn't have oil control problems with this, except once.
If you are an NC in MAC, feel free to apply as you please, especially if you are between NC30-44. If you are a lot lighter or a lot darker, perhaps you might have to be a little light handed. For NW skin tones, you still might be able to use it, but it might be a better idea to chose a different color. From what I noticed, my under eye concealer is NW, and this sort of yellows it down a little, which is good for me since my foundation is NC, but might not work for some.
PS: the biggest downside I can think of is that you might would a good amount in shipping. Which sucked for me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores.
(www.camerareadycosmetics has the cheapest shipping as far as I know.)

on 6/24/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
++Takes away shine.
++Makes my foundation and concealer last a whole lot longer.
++Brightens.
++Cheap.
It'll last me at least 2 years of everyday use to finish my bottle.

Cons:
--Packaging.
I just transfer it to a smaller container. Plus, I think that's why it's so cheap!

on 6/19/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Great powder to use under the eyes. I only use it under the eyes because I would look too yellow if I dusted it all over my face. But under my eyes it gives my skin a beautiful glowing highlight effect. Under bright lights it looks flawless. Love this. The price is decent, you get a lot of product and a little goes a long way.

on 6/18/2014 3:39:00 PM

This line is ment for professional artists to use on actors, models etc who do a lot of their work under harsh lights and camera work. That being said the banana powder only 1 in a line of several powders that are made to either match or to be mixed and matched to every skin tone. So if the banana powder is too yellow or dark for you you can mix it with another powder to get the desired results. There is another reviewer on here who has some pretty awesome tips on using the powder. I currently only have a sample from a vendor on ebay. she sells 5gm containers of all the powders that will give you a chance to try and mix tones to find what works for you before you invest in the large size containers. For right now the small one will give me quite a bit for a while. I currently use this to set my under eye concealer or to cover over redness after foundation from a break out or my Retinol treatment. You need to use a fairly fluffy brush to apply this because it can become a cakey mess very quickly. IT's not a product for the apply and go girl. You need to take care using it. The results are awesome and I will repurchase a full size when I run out of the sample.

on 6/11/2014 12:06:00 AM

I really like this product! The powder is very finely milled, but it still packs a punch as far as pigment goes. My skin is fair, so I can't use this over my whole face for setting foundation as it would make me look yellow. I use this powder to set my under-eye concealer as I have blue tones around my eyes and I find it helps to counteract this discolouration. It's staying power is good and I don't feel I need to reapply it throughout the day. The only downside of this product is the packaging - cheap and nasty, and difficult to use! I will buy another of these powders in a colour more suited to my skin tone to set my foundation.

on 6/10/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

on 6/8/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me

on 5/27/2014 4:40:00 PM

I wasn't too impressed with this product. I tired to use it for highlighting and it just looked yellow. I need to watch some video tutorials and have another bash at it :)

on 5/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really LOVE this product! It's even better than my mufe super matte loose powder. it sets my foundation flawlessly and it feels like i don't wear so many layers of foundation (usually i wear 2 layers) it feels really light in my skin. I bought the 3oz one bcs i heard so many good reviews about this powder, and trust me you don't waste your money on this product, this works magically on you skin lol

on 5/18/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Short & to the point:

I guess I was expecting more from a product that has ravishing reviews...
I thought it is just "okay." A little chalky, matte, looks decent. Can't see what the big fuzz is about though. I don't quite see myself re purchasing... :(