October 30, 2014 | 1715 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been very happy with Ben Nye products. Bana Visage powder has treated me very nicely. The powder itself is very fine and has a pale/yellowish tint. This ensures that your foundation will not be changed and if you need something for under your eyes for your bags, I highly recommend.

A little goes a long ways!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't fall in love with this powder. I know it's meant for deeper skin tones than mine, but I thought it might be a nice corrective powder for my under eyes, or for setting foundation that is too pink on me (aka nearly everything from the drugstore). I just find that my concealer under my eyes creases when I use this to set it, and it also clings to any areas of my face that have concealer applied to them, and oxidizes throughout the day. I end up with yellowy looking patches where I've concealed. It does do a great job at getting rid of the redness in my cheeks, but so does just about any powder with a hint of coverage to it. I find that the packaging is also a nightmare to work with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

So I didn't want to fall onto the bandwagon with this one but I finally gave in and tried it. It's amazing! I had been using the Bare Minerals Well Rested powder but it made my eyes look kind of white. This does not do that. It also makes the under eye area look smoother! I tried it on my mom as well and it had the same effect. I have fair skin but it doesn't look too yellow on me. I also tried it on other areas of my face I had highlighted and it worked great! I don't like the packaging though. It's pretty messy. I also don't like the fact that I can't buy this at a store but other than that it's awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are very pale, fair skinned. Try the "Cameo" shade of this powder for the same effect, only not yellow. Banana is yellow toned, so it is great for medium to darker complexions. The "Cameo," shade is more white, pink based so it works better for lighter colors.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye is famous for it's Banana powder, but the makeup line is designed for theater people who need makeup to last long in bright lights, lots of dancing and singing, bright color payoff, and to just stay put all night. After looking around the site I was so excited to try this product and was SO impressed when I tried it. It is so creamy and blends extremely well, but what really sold me was HOW THIS PRODUCT CAN ERASE ANY TRACE OF OIL AND SHINE ON MY FACE and I freaking looooooove it for that!!! The main ingredient is talc, and if you can remember from chemistry class what talc feels like, then that totally explains why this product works so well because it's so powdery and it just soaks up any oil on your face no problem. OILY WOMEN OF THE WORLD, YOU NEED TO GET THIS PRODUCT RIGHT NOW. This is my go to when I get oily, It's like magic how this works.

BUT my only problem.......

This is very powdery, that's why it works so well with absorbing any and every oil on your face.... but I noticed that when I get close to my face, it leaves a slight "powdery" residue finish where I applied it on my concealer and around my nose, and if I rub that area to try and blend it out with my finger, it smudges kinda bad, and from a distance you can tell it's uneven.

Overall: I little goes a LONG WAY, this stuff is amazing, but be light handed, because this stuff is legit and just a little will do just fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg powder for setting my undereyes. I find that when I set them with this my concealer barely budge at all which is really awesome because concealer tend to crease on my under eyes. It goes on super smooth and never cakey. Also when used as a face setting powder, it really controls my oil well in the humid weather. I'm shade NC30-35 in MAC and this isn't too yellow for me at all, it suits my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a setting powder with superb brightening effect. my skin looks good. i couldnt ask for more. oil control is also good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Ben Nye, what was I doing before you came into my life? LOVE this powder, I usually use it to set my under eye concealer and accentuate anywhere that I may have highlighted on my face (i.e. nose, chin). The powder doesn't crease at all and I have very oily skin but somehow this lasts all day. I bought the 1oz container for under $20 on eBay in June and I have barely scratched the surface. I will definitely by this again when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I finally caved in and bought a 1.05 oz bottle of Ben Nye Banana Powder just to check what the hype was about, and boy was I pleasantly surprised by the results!:) I love how it's lightweight and it sets my bb cream/foundation/concealer perfectly.. I have combination skin so I'm pleased that no frequent touch ups are needed for this powder. A couple of my friends have complimented me on how smooth and flawless my makeup looks. I guess this would certainly be an HG powder for me---will repurchase again soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my life? This product is amazing for setting makeup on light to medium, yellow-toned skin. Ever since I bought this, I've been using it every day. So many base products, even the ones with yellow undertones, pull pink on me; a little bit of Banana Powder goes a long way in mattifying my face without making me look pink or ashy. The one thing I don't like about this is the packaging: I have to be gentle when tipping the bottle or I'll end up pouring too much product. I currently pour this into the cap of a jar of mineral powder, but I think I should have bought a separate sifter jar, which I'll likely do the next time I go to the downtown beauty supply store. Apart from that, this is my holy grail powder, and with my general dislike for loose powders that's saying a lot.