September 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye is famous for it's Banana powder, but the makeup line is designed for theater people who need makeup to last long in bright lights, lots of dancing and singing, bright color payoff, and to just stay put all night. After looking around the site I was so excited to try this product and was SO impressed when I tried it. It is so creamy and blends extremely well, but what really sold me was HOW THIS PRODUCT CAN ERASE ANY TRACE OF OIL AND SHINE ON MY FACE and I freaking looooooove it for that!!! The main ingredient is talc, and if you can remember from chemistry class what talc feels like, then that totally explains why this product works so well because it's so powdery and it just soaks up any oil on your face no problem. OILY WOMEN OF THE WORLD, YOU NEED TO GET THIS PRODUCT RIGHT NOW. This is my go to when I get oily, It's like magic how this works.

BUT my only problem.......

This is very powdery, that's why it works so well with absorbing any and every oil on your face.... but I noticed that when I get close to my face, it leaves a slight "powdery" residue finish where I applied it on my concealer and around my nose, and if I rub that area to try and blend it out with my finger, it smudges kinda bad, and from a distance you can tell it's uneven.

Overall: I little goes a LONG WAY, this stuff is amazing, but be light handed, because this stuff is legit and just a little will do just fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg powder for setting my undereyes. I find that when I set them with this my concealer barely budge at all which is really awesome because concealer tend to crease on my under eyes. It goes on super smooth and never cakey. Also when used as a face setting powder, it really controls my oil well in the humid weather. I'm shade NC30-35 in MAC and this isn't too yellow for me at all, it suits my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a setting powder with superb brightening effect. my skin looks good. i couldnt ask for more. oil control is also good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Ben Nye, what was I doing before you came into my life? LOVE this powder, I usually use it to set my under eye concealer and accentuate anywhere that I may have highlighted on my face (i.e. nose, chin). The powder doesn't crease at all and I have very oily skin but somehow this lasts all day. I bought the 1oz container for under $20 on eBay in June and I have barely scratched the surface. I will definitely by this again when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I finally caved in and bought a 1.05 oz bottle of Ben Nye Banana Powder just to check what the hype was about, and boy was I pleasantly surprised by the results!:) I love how it's lightweight and it sets my bb cream/foundation/concealer perfectly.. I have combination skin so I'm pleased that no frequent touch ups are needed for this powder. A couple of my friends have complimented me on how smooth and flawless my makeup looks. I guess this would certainly be an HG powder for me---will repurchase again soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my life? This product is amazing for setting makeup on light to medium, yellow-toned skin. Ever since I bought this, I've been using it every day. So many base products, even the ones with yellow undertones, pull pink on me; a little bit of Banana Powder goes a long way in mattifying my face without making me look pink or ashy. The one thing I don't like about this is the packaging: I have to be gentle when tipping the bottle or I'll end up pouring too much product. I currently pour this into the cap of a jar of mineral powder, but I think I should have bought a separate sifter jar, which I'll likely do the next time I go to the downtown beauty supply store. Apart from that, this is my holy grail powder, and with my general dislike for loose powders that's saying a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TO. DIE. FOR. oily skin .... Girls this is for you! I bought for £25 off eBay , realised I've been ripped off because I've seen it for £15 elsewhere. But anyways great for oil control and highlighting. That big bottle will last forever because you don't need that much per application. The bottle is awkward tho, could be better packaging for application with sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 3 colors in this topaz banana and camel, I love them all I want more... I want more...
love this product! I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. I wish the packaging was better to carry all day in my purse, It not meant to be matte but I only get oily on my nose after 6 hours with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mrstaylor13

I could definitely see this product being wonderful for someone with a warm olive or deep skintone, but definitely not for fair skin.. It is WAY too yellow and dark for fair-medium/fair skin.. I'm gonna try this product again when I start to get a little darker in the spring and maybe it will work better with a slight tan. Hope this helps!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by iamyochana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've heard so many good things about it so when I decided to buy, I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. Which brings me to the only con I have of this product - the packaging. While the sifter may be hygienic, a lot gets wasted because its hard to control what comes out of it. I wish they could do something about this.