Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 6/10/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

on 6/8/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me

on 5/27/2014 4:40:00 PM

I wasn't too impressed with this product. I tired to use it for highlighting and it just looked yellow. I need to watch some video tutorials and have another bash at it :)

on 5/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really LOVE this product! It's even better than my mufe super matte loose powder. it sets my foundation flawlessly and it feels like i don't wear so many layers of foundation (usually i wear 2 layers) it feels really light in my skin. I bought the 3oz one bcs i heard so many good reviews about this powder, and trust me you don't waste your money on this product, this works magically on you skin lol

on 5/18/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Short & to the point:

I guess I was expecting more from a product that has ravishing reviews...
I thought it is just "okay." A little chalky, matte, looks decent. Can't see what the big fuzz is about though. I don't quite see myself re purchasing... :(

on 5/15/2014 10:06:00 PM

This didn't work at all for me, but i am giving it a 3 because I can see it being better for someone with medium-dark to darker skin-tones with normal to very oily skin. FWIW, I’m quite fair (though not a true PPP) with what they call ‘peaches and cream’ complexion (a nice way to say ones skin is pale/light with a tendency to get rosy, or, lets get real, downright ruddy if not careful!). I also have dry skin - especially in colder months.

I bought it in my never-ending quest to find an exact dupe (or better) to the old formula of Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust in Sunlight (circa 2007-08) which was TERRIFIC and HG for me. Sadly, the old formulation is no more and the new one just isn’t the same. So I thought I’d give this a shot whilst seeing it whilst Halloween shopping at an outrageously well-stocked brick and mortar costume shop in my area.

However, this just wasn't what I was hoping nor looking for. At all. As I said above, Ben Nye’s Bella Luxury Powder in ”Banana" is definitely a YMMV product. I ended up looking like a freak with it on and, yes, the packaging is really quite pitiful. It’s too powdery of a consistency in my opinion - much like talcum powder/baby powder except in a banana- yellow. This definitely is a signature Ben Nye product: a total costume and stage-makeup heavy product that looks relatively garish anywhere else unless standing under theatrical lighting like on stage, etc.

Also, based upon my one purchase of Banana, it would seem that the expiry date is visually more important than most other face powders. Unless my item was a dud (doubt it) or I’m hallucinating (even more doubtful), the unused makeup in the jar seems to oxidize quicker than other powders I’ve tried, as mine grown increasingly more orange-y. I’d suggest if you decide to buy it to try to find out how old it is, etc.

I’ve thus changed this from a 3-star to a 2-star due it being an overall unfortunate, overhyped, non-stabilized product which makes my 1993 Wet n’ Wild teenage crap-wear look like luxury items.

My search for an HG soft lemon-yellowish, non-glittery, finishing powder to replace the now DC’d old version of Everyday Minerals ”SUNLIGHT FINISHING POWDER” circa 2007 continues. I’ll leave this for the professionals, professional actors, at least.

Well...well... The much talked about Ben bye banana powder indeed lives up to its standards as raved about by many makeup artist's. I got my hands on them in Screen Face near Covent Garden.

This product suits all skin tones for sure. Its very powdery i will admit that I was slightly disappointed I thought it would look some sort cakey but once I put it on and set it, it was marvellous !

I use the ben nye powder on my highlighted areas after using a concealer or Mac's prep and prime for highlighting and it sets perfectly. My skin is olive toned and I thought i looked pretty yellow at first but I decided to reduce my foundation and it was much better.

Best part of this product is that on cameras with flash my make up looks flawless unlike before where I use to look as if I was painted. The only downfall of this product is its packaging :-/ Its inconvenient as I feel much of the product goes to waste. Would love it if the packaging was more convenient to carry around while travelling too, however apart from that its wonderful. Highly recommended and I've already got one on standby just incase I run out anytime :)

on 4/27/2014 10:31:00 AM

I'm going to be honest, I was really excited to get this product, as it had been raved about everywhere! I purchased the big bottle for about 12 bucks. Fairly cheap and had lots of product in it. Once I got it,I found the best way to apply it is with a fluffy brush for underneath your eyes. I put it on top of many different types of concealer colors and consistencies, and no matter what I did, it gave a greenish tint to it by the end of the day. I'm a teacher, and even my students would ask me why it was green under my eyes. WHAT an embarassment. Whenever I wouldn't wear the powder, I would not get that result. Thank goodness that my students are an honest bunch because I definitely am not using it again!

on 4/11/2014 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I just have to add my approval to this product!! There is nothing to be said about it that hasn't already been said. Very finely milled... cheap.... little goes a long way.... lovely finish... and beyond the banana there are so many different tints and finishes to choose from. I use banana and buff for under eye concealer setting, pretty in pink if I need to add some pink back into any area... the translucent for all over my face, and the Mojave series for adding warmth and bronzing. I love cocoa as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After much searching and reviews on this "wonder powder" (ok ok I heard it was used on Kim Kardashian..omg how many times have I heard that?!!ohh you too lol)I ordered the small size in the shaker top.I apply it after using Mac F&B (I'm c4 in summer c3 winter)I don't always wear concealer the f&b evens me out for everyday back to the powder..I get a sponge and tip out some product on to back of my hand and dip sponge in powder then dab it under my eyes bridge of nose forehead and chin and I always put in the corners of eyes(not in) I leave it to seep into my skin for a few minutes then buff into with a big fluffy brush.The result is amazing I can't believe the difference it makes it just makes you look so clear and bright and makes you look flawless.I would say that I prime and moisturizer before F&B and after powder I do I light mist with avene thermal water..gives an amazing luminous finish.I want to get the pink powder next.I just want to add that although there is talc in this product it is so finely milled that for me it applys light and I fairly comfortable on the skin.The reason I gave it 2 lippies is because of the product design it's easy to waste the powder comes out fast and freely be careful!

Recommended for Normal Skin