November 23, 2014 | 1190 users online

Hair - Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by daisee1203

I love this stuff. The smell is jasmine (for those of you wondering) and for sure brings me back to my childhood. Its a heavy lather shampoo that for sure CLEANS. It will strip your hair. I use it when I want the smell or if I went out the night before and want to get the smoke smell out. Lol. Anyway, its a great buy, fun clor and the smell is too die for. Wish they made a conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, oily hair that's light blonde. To keep it actually LOOKING blonde, I have to shampoo my hair every day and keep it free of any buildup. This product definitely does the trick. It smells great- very fresh and clean without being overpowering- and lathers up a storm. It rinses well and doesn't feel like it strips my hair. My hair is left totally clean, bouncy, shiny, and full of life. I have short hair that's pretty healthy so I'm able to use it more than 2x a week as recommended by other reviewers. If I had long hair that I needed to treat gently, I don't think I would use Prell every day. BUT...to get my hair super clean and soft, this is the one I always reach for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. i've been using this for years as an intensive clarifying shampoo. it removes EVERYTHING! and i mean EVERYTHING, including those mega hold styling putties, whose second ingredient is some kind of liquid plastic! it cleans without stripping, which is way more than i can say for Suave Clarifying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this brings me back to my childhood. The smell is just so clean and fresh. I actually return to this because it makes my hair literally squeaky clean. Love that feeling!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by urmite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I second all of you who think this is a great shampoo. It's a steal and it gets all the gunk out your hair very easily. I have very fine hair that gets limp very easily, so I have to keep it free of buildup. I love the scent (so clean!) and my hair feels great afterward. I agree, it's definitely not a daily shampoo, but for once or twice a week (depending on how many products you put in your hair each day), it's perfect. The version I use is the tiny little tube of concentrate, which gives you the same amount of uses as the larger bottle (since you need much less of it to get a good lather going), and it's lasted me over a year now, using it about once a week, sometimes twice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good shampoo if you have the oilies, very dirty hair or if you have gone to the gym and do not have dry or permed/color treated hair. Also great as a color stripper. That should tell you something. It's a harsh shampoo, that smells great. It's ok to use once in a while as a clarifying shampoo and when I did that I liked it and it gave great volume, but over time it will fry your hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2004 8:14:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Prell is great for the occasional use of clarifying your hair but it could be really drying if used daily. My hair sometimes gets really oily and this gets my hair fresh and clean. I always have a bottle of this in my shower but I only use it once a week at most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always thought this was really harsh, and I have childhood memories of the overly zippy nose-clearing scent of the original formula. But this summer, my scalp just is being oily for some reason, and the frou-frou shampoos are not doing the trick. Used this at my parent's house along with my usual Biolage imitation conditioner from Sally's. Lots of folks say this is good for scalp clarifying, but it also got rid of my summer scalp yukkies. Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I could give this 5 points based on the smell alone! It smells EXACTLY like the White Rain Orchid shampoo I used to absolutely love back in high school, which is now discontinued. So it gives me a touch of nostalgia, heh. But- it also has saved my hair from a horrific dye job, with some help from Suave's clarifying shampoo. I used a medium brown dye, and my hair came out Morticia-black. BAD BAD BAD!!! A fellow MUAer advised me to try Prell for color stripping, and it really works. I washed my hair w/it 5 times in a row tonight, and left it on for a few minutes each time, and my haircolor is a nice pretty brown again. I think I've found a holy grail here... I think I might pick up some Prell conditioner too if it smells as good as the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by JCgirlie

Great shampoo!! Cleans your hair extremely well :) Very clarifying!