Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

4.2

Water, Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, EDTA, Benzophenone 2, D&C Green No. 8, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, FD & C Blue No. 1

on 5/27/2008 2:41:00 PM

After getting some awful residue from one of the Sunsilk shampoos, I went into CVS searching for a clarifying shampoo. Since I have used Prell on and off since the 80s, I decided to get some. It left my hair clean and full of body and smelling so fresh and clean. My only issue with this shampoo is it is drying when used daily, so I use it every week or two to get rid of residue from other products. I really like this shampoo and love the smell. I wish they still made the conditioner. If you have a lot of gunk in your hair or your hair is oily or fine, give this a try. You can get this for about 3 or 4 dollars.

on 4/2/2008 10:24:00 AM

I purchased Prell after an undesirable hair dye left me anxious to get that color out of my hair. Well...I can't say that this shampoo performed a miracle with removing the unwanted color, BUT I have had the color in my hair for a couple of weeks before I reached for Prell. I should add that I had used Natural Instincts, which is supposed to be a non-permanent dye. In an effort to get as much color out of my hair as possible, I used this every day for about a week. I even left this shampoo in my hair for 20 minutes at a time. The results: clear scalp and squeaky-clean hair but a bit on the dry side. Also, I noticed that a little bit of back/chest acne vanished miraculously while I was using this shampoo. As for my hair color...some of it did fade, and I imagine that had I used Prell immediately after hair coloring, perhaps I would have been able to achieve better results. Bottom line: Prell is a harsh stripping/clarifying/drying shampoo that should be used once in a great while, unless you want dry hair. I wish I knew about this product when I was pregnant and hormones left me with super greasy hair, this would have been a life saver then! Oh yeah, and I do detect a somewhat pleasant smell of jasmine while I'm lathering up.

This is such a fabulous clarifying shampoo. I bought it to try and minimize the effects of a not so great dye job but have continued to use it because it does such a great job getting my hair to "brand new" status. I love how fresh and perfectly squeaky clean it gets my hair. While it would be far to drying to use for every day, I find myself using it at least 2 times a week (often more), especially after I've used a lot of product in my hair. I don't think the smell is anything great, but it does lather extremely well and, here is the big one: this is probably the only shampoo I have used that hasn't messed with my acne prone skin AT ALL. After just one week of using it the acne around my hairline was GONE. Now that's a product!

on 2/28/2008 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this after a horrible dye job in the hopes that it would remove some of the color from my hair. I've used it only 2 days (shampooing 2x in the shower) and it has made a HUGE difference. A few more days of this and my hair color will be back to normal.

I wouldn't use this as my everyday shampoo because it definitely strips your hair, and mine is very dry. But as a hair color remover, it is fabulous!

on 1/9/2008 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used to use this when I was little cause my dad would always get what was the cheapest. It dried out my hair big time, cause I of course, being so little didnt know what a clarifying shampoo was. And my dad being so ghetto, didn't care what it was as long as it was cheap. Now that i'm all grown up and know what a clarifying shampoo is, I bought some, used it today and I must say it's phenomenal. It cleaned my hair like no other. So it's perfect for once a week. Although I want to use it every day cause it smells so damn good! And it suds like no other. GOD I love it! And yay I buy my own shampoo now cause im all grown up!! Btw, my dad got the cheapest thing not cause he couldn't afford good shampoo, but because he is GHETTO.

on 7/12/2007 4:15:00 PM

I love this stuff. The smell is jasmine (for those of you wondering) and for sure brings me back to my childhood. Its a heavy lather shampoo that for sure CLEANS. It will strip your hair. I use it when I want the smell or if I went out the night before and want to get the smoke smell out. Lol. Anyway, its a great buy, fun clor and the smell is too die for. Wish they made a conditioner!

on 6/30/2007 7:36:00 PM

I have fine, oily hair that's light blonde. To keep it actually LOOKING blonde, I have to shampoo my hair every day and keep it free of any buildup. This product definitely does the trick. It smells great- very fresh and clean without being overpowering- and lathers up a storm. It rinses well and doesn't feel like it strips my hair. My hair is left totally clean, bouncy, shiny, and full of life. I have short hair that's pretty healthy so I'm able to use it more than 2x a week as recommended by other reviewers. If I had long hair that I needed to treat gently, I don't think I would use Prell every day. BUT...to get my hair super clean and soft, this is the one I always reach for.

on 1/28/2007 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. i've been using this for years as an intensive clarifying shampoo. it removes EVERYTHING! and i mean EVERYTHING, including those mega hold styling putties, whose second ingredient is some kind of liquid plastic! it cleans without stripping, which is way more than i can say for Suave Clarifying.

on 9/30/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Using this brings me back to my childhood. The smell is just so clean and fresh. I actually return to this because it makes my hair literally squeaky clean. Love that feeling!

on 7/6/2005 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I second all of you who think this is a great shampoo. It's a steal and it gets all the gunk out your hair very easily. I have very fine hair that gets limp very easily, so I have to keep it free of buildup. I love the scent (so clean!) and my hair feels great afterward. I agree, it's definitely not a daily shampoo, but for once or twice a week (depending on how many products you put in your hair each day), it's perfect. The version I use is the tiny little tube of concentrate, which gives you the same amount of uses as the larger bottle (since you need much less of it to get a good lather going), and it's lasted me over a year now, using it about once a week, sometimes twice.