Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

4.2

Water, Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, EDTA, Benzophenone 2, D&C Green No. 8, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, FD & C Blue No. 1

on 4/2/2008 10:24:00 AM

I purchased Prell after an undesirable hair dye left me anxious to get that color out of my hair. Well...I can't say that this shampoo performed a miracle with removing the unwanted color, BUT I have had the color in my hair for a couple of weeks before I reached for Prell. I should add that I had used Natural Instincts, which is supposed to be a non-permanent dye. In an effort to get as much color out of my hair as possible, I used this every day for about a week. I even left this shampoo in my hair for 20 minutes at a time. The results: clear scalp and squeaky-clean hair but a bit on the dry side. Also, I noticed that a little bit of back/chest acne vanished miraculously while I was using this shampoo. As for my hair color...some of it did fade, and I imagine that had I used Prell immediately after hair coloring, perhaps I would have been able to achieve better results. Bottom line: Prell is a harsh stripping/clarifying/drying shampoo that should be used once in a great while, unless you want dry hair. I wish I knew about this product when I was pregnant and hormones left me with super greasy hair, this would have been a life saver then! Oh yeah, and I do detect a somewhat pleasant smell of jasmine while I'm lathering up.

This is such a fabulous clarifying shampoo. I bought it to try and minimize the effects of a not so great dye job but have continued to use it because it does such a great job getting my hair to "brand new" status. I love how fresh and perfectly squeaky clean it gets my hair. While it would be far to drying to use for every day, I find myself using it at least 2 times a week (often more), especially after I've used a lot of product in my hair. I don't think the smell is anything great, but it does lather extremely well and, here is the big one: this is probably the only shampoo I have used that hasn't messed with my acne prone skin AT ALL. After just one week of using it the acne around my hairline was GONE. Now that's a product!

on 2/28/2008 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this after a horrible dye job in the hopes that it would remove some of the color from my hair. I've used it only 2 days (shampooing 2x in the shower) and it has made a HUGE difference. A few more days of this and my hair color will be back to normal.

I wouldn't use this as my everyday shampoo because it definitely strips your hair, and mine is very dry. But as a hair color remover, it is fabulous!

on 1/9/2008 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used to use this when I was little cause my dad would always get what was the cheapest. It dried out my hair big time, cause I of course, being so little didnt know what a clarifying shampoo was. And my dad being so ghetto, didn't care what it was as long as it was cheap. Now that i'm all grown up and know what a clarifying shampoo is, I bought some, used it today and I must say it's phenomenal. It cleaned my hair like no other. So it's perfect for once a week. Although I want to use it every day cause it smells so damn good! And it suds like no other. GOD I love it! And yay I buy my own shampoo now cause im all grown up!! Btw, my dad got the cheapest thing not cause he couldn't afford good shampoo, but because he is GHETTO.

on 7/12/2007 4:15:00 PM

I love this stuff. The smell is jasmine (for those of you wondering) and for sure brings me back to my childhood. Its a heavy lather shampoo that for sure CLEANS. It will strip your hair. I use it when I want the smell or if I went out the night before and want to get the smoke smell out. Lol. Anyway, its a great buy, fun clor and the smell is too die for. Wish they made a conditioner!

on 6/30/2007 7:36:00 PM

I have fine, oily hair that's light blonde. To keep it actually LOOKING blonde, I have to shampoo my hair every day and keep it free of any buildup. This product definitely does the trick. It smells great- very fresh and clean without being overpowering- and lathers up a storm. It rinses well and doesn't feel like it strips my hair. My hair is left totally clean, bouncy, shiny, and full of life. I have short hair that's pretty healthy so I'm able to use it more than 2x a week as recommended by other reviewers. If I had long hair that I needed to treat gently, I don't think I would use Prell every day. BUT...to get my hair super clean and soft, this is the one I always reach for.

on 1/28/2007 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. i've been using this for years as an intensive clarifying shampoo. it removes EVERYTHING! and i mean EVERYTHING, including those mega hold styling putties, whose second ingredient is some kind of liquid plastic! it cleans without stripping, which is way more than i can say for Suave Clarifying.

on 9/30/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Using this brings me back to my childhood. The smell is just so clean and fresh. I actually return to this because it makes my hair literally squeaky clean. Love that feeling!

on 7/6/2005 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I second all of you who think this is a great shampoo. It's a steal and it gets all the gunk out your hair very easily. I have very fine hair that gets limp very easily, so I have to keep it free of buildup. I love the scent (so clean!) and my hair feels great afterward. I agree, it's definitely not a daily shampoo, but for once or twice a week (depending on how many products you put in your hair each day), it's perfect. The version I use is the tiny little tube of concentrate, which gives you the same amount of uses as the larger bottle (since you need much less of it to get a good lather going), and it's lasted me over a year now, using it about once a week, sometimes twice.

on 9/23/2004 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good shampoo if you have the oilies, very dirty hair or if you have gone to the gym and do not have dry or permed/color treated hair. Also great as a color stripper. That should tell you something. It's a harsh shampoo, that smells great. It's ok to use once in a while as a clarifying shampoo and when I did that I liked it and it gave great volume, but over time it will fry your hair.

Popular Hair Products