September 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Hair - Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this brings me back to my childhood. The smell is just so clean and fresh. I actually return to this because it makes my hair literally squeaky clean. Love that feeling!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by urmite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I second all of you who think this is a great shampoo. It's a steal and it gets all the gunk out your hair very easily. I have very fine hair that gets limp very easily, so I have to keep it free of buildup. I love the scent (so clean!) and my hair feels great afterward. I agree, it's definitely not a daily shampoo, but for once or twice a week (depending on how many products you put in your hair each day), it's perfect. The version I use is the tiny little tube of concentrate, which gives you the same amount of uses as the larger bottle (since you need much less of it to get a good lather going), and it's lasted me over a year now, using it about once a week, sometimes twice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good shampoo if you have the oilies, very dirty hair or if you have gone to the gym and do not have dry or permed/color treated hair. Also great as a color stripper. That should tell you something. It's a harsh shampoo, that smells great. It's ok to use once in a while as a clarifying shampoo and when I did that I liked it and it gave great volume, but over time it will fry your hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2004 8:14:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Prell is great for the occasional use of clarifying your hair but it could be really drying if used daily. My hair sometimes gets really oily and this gets my hair fresh and clean. I always have a bottle of this in my shower but I only use it once a week at most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always thought this was really harsh, and I have childhood memories of the overly zippy nose-clearing scent of the original formula. But this summer, my scalp just is being oily for some reason, and the frou-frou shampoos are not doing the trick. Used this at my parent's house along with my usual Biolage imitation conditioner from Sally's. Lots of folks say this is good for scalp clarifying, but it also got rid of my summer scalp yukkies. Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I could give this 5 points based on the smell alone! It smells EXACTLY like the White Rain Orchid shampoo I used to absolutely love back in high school, which is now discontinued. So it gives me a touch of nostalgia, heh. But- it also has saved my hair from a horrific dye job, with some help from Suave's clarifying shampoo. I used a medium brown dye, and my hair came out Morticia-black. BAD BAD BAD!!! A fellow MUAer advised me to try Prell for color stripping, and it really works. I washed my hair w/it 5 times in a row tonight, and left it on for a few minutes each time, and my haircolor is a nice pretty brown again. I think I've found a holy grail here... I think I might pick up some Prell conditioner too if it smells as good as the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by JCgirlie

Great shampoo!! Cleans your hair extremely well :) Very clarifying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this shampoo after fellow a haircolor job that went wrong. I remebered reading on MUA that Prell will lift hair color off the hair--my goal was trying to get rid of the unexpected red hu my colorist put into my hair. After using the shampoo I could absoltely tell that "squaky clean" hair feeling. It didn't leave my scalp itchy or flaky. I could see how this is a great clarifying shampoo, although it may be drying for the hair if used regularly. And for teh added bonus, my hair is less red after 2 shampoos--it's not a miraculous return to my prior hair color--but I'll gladly take it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No