The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 7/22/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Omg. OMG!!!!!!! Count me in as one of the lovers of this product. I just had my 26th birthday. I've been lusting after this body butter since I was 15!!!! I simply could not bring myself to buy it at that time (nevermind how delicious it smelled) because I found it far too expensive. I moved on with my life and BAM!!!! Yesterday I pass a Body Shop on the way to see The Dark Knight Rises (in his pants Bahahahahahaha - I coudn't resist *clears throat*). THey were having a sale and I got the large tub for $19. My 26 year old self can afford that ;) I just used it this morning and my skin feels so damn smooth and well moisturized. And lightly scented (I used it sparingly). I also got the body mist so when I finally mosey on out the house I will be spritzing myself with this deliscious scent.

Speaking of the scent, this mesmerizes me now just as much as it did to my 15 year old self. I love mangoes themselves and while I usually prefer to smell of flowers, this is the perfect summer scent. Well done The Body Shop. I will definitely be repurchasing. I'll even be wearing this during the winter months.

on 7/11/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Over the years I've tried a number of TBS Body Butters and I always come back to this one. Mango is a perfect summer scent and the butter itself melts into my skin perfectly. As another poster said, though, a little does go a long way so use sparingly and you'll be happy. If you only want a little moisturizing, use on elbows, knees, feet, maybe a little at the neck for extra fragrance. Lovely product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first TBS product. I live in north central Texas so weather can be pretty dry at times. I used to have fairly balanced skin but as I get older, my skin becomes more and more dry. This body butter is a nice little indulgence that's very reasonably priced. I was pleased with the quality. A thick cream with a nice smooth texture. Moisturization was good and lasted almost all day. The product can feel greasy if you apply even just a little bit too much, so use sparingly as a little goes a long way. As a result, one tub will last a long long time. The packaging is simple but decent quality. Lightweight plastic that won't shatter or break like glass can if dropped. The lid goes on easily and I don't have to fight with it to screw it back on, even with my hands still slick from an application. I get the best results if I apply to towel-dried skin directly after a shower or bath. The scent is lovely but a bit too strong for my taste. It's sweet and fruity with a nice tropical quality but in addition to being a little overpowering, the scent doesn't quite agree with my personal chemistry. But no matter. I limit its use to my hands, knees and elbows. I get to enjoy the scent this way without it being overwhelming. Can't wait to try some of the other scents.

on 7/8/2012 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used body lotions prescribed by my doctor most of my life because of my dry skin. None of them even comes close to how well this body butter works for me! If you have very dry skin this is for you, just like the packaging says. If not, it might be too heavy for your skin to absorb.
This butter keeps me moist at least 24 hours if not more (it depends on weather and clothing actually). After frequent use my skin feels normally moist and healthy for a longer time without moisturizing. I always use this after showering, it takes a few minutes for it to sink into the skin properly. The scent lingers for a while but it smells so good I only count that as a good thing. :) First thing I thought when I smelled this was mango yoghurt! I have a few other products from the mango line but none really smells the same as the other. I like the body butter's scent best.
It might seem a little pricey at first but considering my first pot of this lasted about 5-6 months, its not bad at all. I like the packaging, it's good looking and unlike tubes or pumps it's easy to get all of the product out. Great stuff!

on 7/8/2012 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first body butter, and I love the subtle scent! It moisturizes my skin well, but sometimes it takes longer for my skin to absorb than I would like when I'm in a rush to leave the house . It's a bit annoying when I leave an oily sheen on reflective objects after using this, but that might be because I tend to apply too much anyway. My skin feels a lot softer and more moisturized after just a week. I would have given this five lippies and consider repurchasing, if the scent lasted longer. In this department, I'd say my Martha Tilaar Blewah Temptation Body Butter is much better, but comparing the two in terms of skin hydration, they're equal.

on 5/24/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I have to say is Yum. It's great. Simple and delicious smelling.

on 5/21/2012 2:37:00 PM

There's no denying it's super for moisturising my dry bits and a tub lasts ages so it's good value. And the moisturising effects lasts for hours and hours. However, it does feel a little bit like I'm greasing myself up in goose fat for a swim across the channel. And when it goes 'off' (as mine did after a while), it smells like one-coat gloss.
Good for very dry skin, but I prefer my Nivea so much more.

on 5/15/2012 6:14:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff..lemme start by saying my skin is SOO dry, you might find this gross but it turns BLACK from how dry it is. I used nivea creme everywhere, until it started getting a little expensive, around $7 a 6.8 oz tub. This is $10 a 400mL tub, ITS HUGE. I love this stuff. It is sooooo amazing. I use this skip a day on all my dry black spots, and within a week they were GONE. My HG body butter:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells so good and is so moisturing! My arms still smell like mango! I love this for summer.

This body butter is for "VERY DRY SKIN"

So, if you don't have very dry skin, it is going to be overly moisturizing for widespread/frequent use. That's why some reviewers experience a greasy feeling.

If you need a thick moisturizer for dry skin, this is it. I don't use it daily as an all-over moisturizer, but rather on my elbows, knees, feet, etc. If my skin needs an extra dose of moisture, I'll use it everywhere, but otherwise you're better off using a body whip lotion (also by the Body Shop).

The smell is incredible. If it doesn't smell fruity, there's something wrong with it. I had a bad batch recently and took it back to the store. It was exchanged without a problem.

It's kinda pricey, so like everything from TBS, try to buy it on sale. But one container lasts awhile and delivers awesome results. A must-have for me, even when my budget requires me to buy cheap products otherwise.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products