August 1, 2014 | 1217 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I don't see how anyone could NOT like this color! It's such a unique color, and depending on the light and which way you turn your head, you'll have gold, green, or both!

I've gotten so many compliments on this color, especially when I pair it with Humid - it's a very striking and very lovely combination.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by missdolly0410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst MAC eyecolor I have EVER used and I am a big MAC fanatic. It is such a nasty looking color on me, I cannot describe it. I have medium-olive skin and this color is disgusting on me. It looks like a nice brown with a hint of green in the bottle, but really it looks all neon green on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I have a sample of Old Gold, and will eventually purchase a full jar. I think Old Gold is gorgeous- one of my favorite pigments! Reminds me alot of Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow, Green Brown pigment, and Golden Olive pigment. Golden Olive is more golden-green (think: Golden Delicious Apples), and Old Gold is more antique gold and green. (I guess Old Gold sort of is the pigment version of Sumptuous Olive e/s.)A real easy look for Old Gold pigment is as follows:Sweep Shroom e/s on lids from lashes to brows. W/ MAC 224 brush, brush Old Gold pigment into crease and outer third of lids. Line with Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lashes, and tightline bottom lashline w/BT, also. Brush a little Sumptuous Olive e/s under lower lashes, and coat lashes with black mascara of choice. Nice day look! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by STOPmunch

I love this color. It's a lovely gold that shimmers green. It's easy to blend. When I want a more gold look I use Corn SS as a base and when I want to pick up more of the green I use Lucky Jade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Lividity

Another pigment that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! My favorite part is when it hits the light - it turns into a stunning green! This is definitely a worthwhile addition to any makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by hellominnie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this goldy, greeny color.... looks good with golds, browns, or greens... use them wet too for high pigment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a nice pigment.The Gold isn't simular to a 24 k gold color.Applied to the arch mixed in medium or alone it comes off as a more copper toned gold or antique gold.Alone its like most of the MAC pigments very shimmer and lighter in tint.It does have a touch of a green hue to it expecially when Medium or Water is added.The gold does shine through.You would have to try it to see.I didnt give it 5 lippies because its not my ultimate favorite gold pigment I could actually see myself setting this aside so 1/4 of a tsp.does good for anyone who wants to try this.Its great for any fashion style from Classic,Professional,Antique and Goth looks.Like its title "Old Gold" It looks like it sounds.Antique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pigment. Dark gold that flashes green. Apply over Lumene e/s base and 'Bamboo' paint. Paired this with a Black Opal Gold Rush; dark brown e/s in outer corner, matte yellow under brow, and dark brown liner. For refernce, I'm DDD NW45 or Iman Clay6.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Tamilani

Note:
Mix this with black for a vibrant teal/chartreuse green that is *amazing* and magically, beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

I really loved this pigment once I figured out the way to get it to work for me. I am a nc15 with green-blue eyes. I don't remember what combos I used the first few times as I used it in my crease/outer v, but it always looked like it was in the wrong spot or something, I can't describe it, it's just so unique. So, I decided to put in on my lids and paired it with the le mineralize shadows, illusionary/burning ambition. That made all of the difference, the three go together so well on me. I'll have to experiment more, but this e/s is just gorgeous with it, it shines a kind of greenish like antique gold. Probably not for the faint of heart makeup wise!