April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is sensitive and prone to redness on the cheeks and around the nose or general blotchiness. Some products cause me to break out on my chin. This cleanser is disappointing. Although you can use this without rinsing with water, I wouldn't recommend it. It has the consistency of a lotion, so is thick and therefore difficult to wipe off with a cotton pad. Although my skin looked pretty calm after first using it, it always felt like residue or a film had been left behind and the skin around my nose and chin started to look congested. I also had to use at least both sides of 2 cotton pads, whereas with cleansing waters I only need to use 1. I'm going back to cleansing water which makes my skin feel cleaner, look cleaner, and is easier to use and less wasteful.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by pigix3

i hate the product, i have sensitive skin but it didnt irritate my skin but it gave me so many pimples and left me with so many scars that i never had,, its the worst and expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Kuroda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All of Dermalogica's calming cleansers or sensitive skin cleansers have been too harsh for my skin. This one ended up burning my face and left red splotches on my skin. Even after washing off I still itched. Luckily I received them as a sample from my aesthetician. Strangely their Dermal Clay Cleanser is really good for my skin and it does not over-dry my skin. I would not buy this or any calming cleansers from Dermalogica. I think I was allergic to the sulfate in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by omgbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the sensitized travel pack so I could try all of the products without spending an arm & a leg... I have to say I'll be purchasing the full sizes once these run out. The cleanser is super creamy which leaves my skin feeling really supple & manages to completely cancel out the redness on my cheeks & nose [which was my primary concern]. I don't have ance-prone skin besides the occasional breakout, and I can see how the formula may not be strong enough to control that problem. But as far as calming and evening out my skin tone goes... this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser. Does not strip my dry and sometimes sensitized skin. It is good at removing makeup, though heavy eye make-up need a little extra. It's a nice gel-like consistensy. I wash my face with the precleanse first, then a massage this into my skin, and let it sit a couple of minutes before I rinse it off. If I don't remember wrong, the essential cleansing solution is better at removing heavier makeup, but this is perhaps a little milder. I will use this in the winter.

However, next time I'll buy Essential Cleansing Solution
EDIT: I bought this again instead

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by hwag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I even made an account to review this product. Dermalogica is amazing. I have really really reactive sensitive skin after probably using bad quality brands with harsh chemicals.
After the first use of any product I can usually tell what'll work and what won't because my face gets really warm and red so before using this I was very skeptical that it wouldn't flare-up but I tried it, and my skin didn't react. I used the Barrier Repair gel after and again, no flare-ups. I've been using this for only about 4 weeks now, and for the first time in around a year I have basically no flare-ups and the permanent redness has faded dramatically while giving the rest of my skin a really healthy fresh look.
It isn't the cheapest but I gave it a 2 because after using Clinique (which burned my skin and made it so much worse at about double the price for half the ingredients), Ella Bache, Estee Lauder etc. I'd be willing to pay almost anything because of what Dermalogica has done for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by goodhabits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

With this product, I felt that it left a sort of layer on my face, when I really wanted to feel clean. Also, I don't get acne, but I do break out when I use the wrong products, and although this product did not cause the breakout, it did not help to get rid of it either.

I would say that this is probably a good product for someone with already clear, and sensitive skin, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
It's absolutely lovely
Cons:
Expensive

Bottom line:
My Grandma* swears by Dermalogica. Every single product in her routine is from Dermalogica. She has the softest skin ever and looks 5 years younger than she is. When I complained about my first pimple she got me this and the Skin Prep Scrub. They were both amazing. I have sensitive skin and this cleanser worked with it not against it. I would repurchase but it is too expensive.

Beauty secret: Listen to your Grandma's skin care advice. She has so much more experience.

Recommended: Yes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by currypuffu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! It has no fragrance and is very mild on the skin (positive results do take a while to show), but overall is fantastic for sensitive skin. It seems to have a cooling effect on irritated skin and feels very nice.

Since it is very mild I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wanted more obvious and instant results, but it's great for anyone with normal skin wanting a basic cleanser.

Packaging is good and a 500mL bottle can last about a year (with day and night use).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser for almost 8 months and I've only just bought my second bottle. While it is very expensive my 500ml bottle lasted ages and the results have been well worth it.
I have mild rosacea and my skin reacts to many products quite badly. From day one I noticed a decrease in redness after washing, my skin never feels dry or irritated after using it either-a big change compared to many other cleansers I've tried. It removes my mineral make up well and never leaves any residue (I do rinse, instead of tissuing off).
Overall I think I've found my Hg cleanser. I use in conjuction with dermalogica's soothing protection spray, sheer tint redness relief and barrier repair and am so pleased with the improvement of my skin as a result. Well worth the money!