Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

3.9

on 11/20/2005 8:43:00 AM

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used! I specifically asked whether it was safe for contact lens wearers and was told yes. Well, I beg to differ!! My eyes burn and the oily residue got on my lenses. I couldn't wear my lenses for a few days due to the film that got on them that burned my eyes horribly and made them tear and beet red. Aside from that, it removes eye makeup only minimally better than my $4 Maybelline remover. This junk is going back!

on 6/13/2005 11:43:00 AM

I received a sample of Shiseido's Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the product. It reminded me of baby oil and seemed oily when applied. I also didn't find that it removed my eye makeup, particularly my mascara, very easily. My inexpensive drugstore brand (Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover) does a much better job for me.

on 3/26/2005 11:26:00 AM

This also irritated my eyes after 2 weeks! The Chanel and Clarins stung my eyes but Chanel is the worse one between the two because not only did it stung my eyes but left the skin around it tight and dry. Lancome I believe is the best out there. It's $1 cheaper than Shiseido and 4 cheaper than Chanel and $2 cheaper than Clarins

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Great eye-makeup remover. It removes eye makeup instantly, non-oily feeling left behind and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Personally, I think this one is better than Lancome's.

on 3/8/2005 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It removes all make-up easily in one step. I recommend it!

on 2/28/2005 8:36:00 PM

Great product. The best one I've tried so far. Not greasy at all & very gentle on your eyes.

on 2/20/2005 2:07:00 PM

Oh my gosh. I agree with the previous reviewer that this product INSTANTLY removes makeup. This is the best makeup remover I've ever tried. I used to use Lancome's but Shiseido's removes my eye makeup COMPLETELY and is much better IMO. I also like that it can be used to remove lip makeup. I will definitely repurchase this product.

on 2/20/2005 1:50:00 PM

Although I haven't tried a lot of eye makeup removers (mostly disappointed with the ones I have tried), I can say this one does what it says it does...removes eye and lip makeup instantly! Not oily or irritating either. I wear waterproof mascara and this took it off easily with no irritation at all and no dry skin feeling. Pricier than others I've tried, but it does a great job!

on 2/16/2005 12:10:00 AM

I was searching for an eye makeup remover that didn't force me to rub my eyes until they got sore afterwards to remove my mascara since my mom warned me that I'd get wrinkles and baggy eyelids that way
(don't know if I entirely believe that)... I tried the instant eye and lip makeup remover and instantly fell in love! I just have to shake the bottle to mix the layers, soak a little bit of a cotton pad, and press it to my eyes with a little pressure for 3-5 seconds. Then I gently wipe it away and it removes all my mascara, eyeshadow, and eyeliner in one quick move. I think the cath is that I have to leave it on for the couple of seconds, for the solution to work at breaking down the makeup. It's not as cheap as others I've tried ie. Almay, The Body Shop Chamomille, and Maybelline, but it is by far the best! No oily residue and it smells great. I'm a contact lens wearer and it is perfect with my sensitive eye area. This product has only increased my confidence in Shiseido products.

on 8/24/2004 4:55:00 PM

A lovely, gentle makeup remover that removes all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara. Makes my skin feel a bit softer afterwards too. It's a bit expensive but it gets the job done.