MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

I love this brush!, for me this brush is a must have. Totally worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a growing collection of MAC brushes now, only because for the first time ever I have decided that the reason my makeup looks so rubbish is because of my brushes. Yes, they are expensive, but it now means that I get brilliant results with cheap (and expensive) makeup, rather than rubbish results with expensive (and cheap) makeup.

So, onto the 239, this is my fave brush. I use this in so many ways, mainly for smudging out eyeliner for a smokey effect. I have had no bristle fallout either, even after cleaning numerous times. This is, without doubt, my desert island brush!

The brush does its job very well. You can easily apply eyeshadow. I think this is a must have brush. I don't have the 217 so I can't compare them. But I definitely recommend buying this one.

I loved this brush up until I had lost it a couple weeks ago. Thinking about buying a new one and just in case the other turns up having two. I love this brush for eyeshadow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

If you want a brush to pack color on the lid you can't get any better! I usually use my 217 because I prefer a more defused look for every day but really, 239 is so conventional too, no complains!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is a must-have! I didn't think a shading brush could stand out but after buying this one it really does make a difference. I love it for packing colour on the lid and it's the perfect size. I now own two of these brushes because they are that good!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Whenever somebody asks me what are my top recommended eyeshadow brushes, I tell them: "MAC 187, 129, 217, and 239." There are other MAC brushes that I use and like (such as the 219 and 209 brush), but if I had to choose my top 4 brushes, those would be it.
The 239 Eye Shader Brush, honestly, really isn't that special. The concept isn't new; it's actually pretty traditional. But out of all the regular eyeshadow brushes, this one of best.
The bristles are white, soft, packed, and dense. The density allows for easy eyeshadow application. But please note that this isn't a multi-purpose brush. This brush is made exclusively for packing eyeshadow onto the lid. I also use this brush to apply MAC Pigment (which is a loose, concentrated powder that can be used as basically anything. I use it as eyeshadow though) onto the lid. Although, who knows? There might be other undiscovered uses that I don't know of.
The price, which is about $25, is rather expensive, but that's the kind of price tag you expect from MAC. I'm not sure if it's worth that much though (more like $15-$20).
Would I repurchase? Yes, but I doubt I'll need to.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Here's what I love about this brush - the application is so smooth. Yes, it can be a bit shy with some colors, but even when you layer, the application is so smooth and even. It's slightly large for my crease area, but I angle it a bit, and it works great. I love it for my lid above the lashes, and have two - one for light and one for dark colors. I've had mine for over 20 years, and they're still fantastic. While some people like the 242, because it's smaller and more generous with the depositing of color, the application to me is grainy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a versatile brush. I can use it on the eyelid, in the crease, under the eye for smudging. I have even used it as a concealer brush. I thoroughly recommend it, the bristles are very soft and they dry fast after cleansing.

I love this in applying lid colors. Very soft. Doesn't bleed or shed. Dries very fast. Will purchase again if I lost my current one.

Popular Makeup Brushes