April 24, 2014 | 1501 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Creamy Candy Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this. My bath is just standard size, but fairly deep. For Aust anyway...do bath sizes differ according to country? Anyway, I cut off a small chunk. Probably about 1/6. Crumbled it under the running tap as soon as I turned it on, so that their was maximum pressure from the water. I had HEAPS of bubbles which lasted AGES. It smelt gorgeous and the smell stayed on my skin. It also left me feeling very moisturised.
I think people generally use too much of the bubble bars, which is why they don't think its good value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by shrrrrrrrl7

maybe i got a dud bar... but i got absolutely no bubbles from this bar. even when i tried to splash around the water. i even used the entire bar! turned my water a murky color. smelled great though...and left my skin soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

this bubble bar worked great for me! i love the sweet candy smell. i used half and it made nice bubbles and lasted longer then other bath bubbles.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by starrys

I was really excited to try this out however i was left dissappointed. I used it in a roman tub (a little larger than a 'standard' sized tub). I tried to get away with using only half of it but i wasn't satisfied with the amount of bubbles, so i ended up using all of it.I had heard that you can use half the bar and still get a good amount of bubbles, so i figured this was due to the size if the tub that i needed more bar...anyway! I used the whole thing and still wasn't overly satisfied with the amount of bubbles and how long they stuck around for considering that i paid about 8$CAD for one bubble bar :o( I will definitely try another kind of bubble bar and see if its the same case...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ooh I can't stop smelling it :-) my hair still smelled like it even after i've washed with shampoo! I'll buy it again and again, just because of the smell! I used half of it for one bath.
I wish there was a massage bar with this scent, I'd use it every day :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

While the overall idea of bubble bars is a good one, i don't think they are for me... I think they make the water look gross and some even leave glitter on your body making you dirtier than when you got in... I will be using the rest of my bubble bar for my 18 month old. He seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best bubble bath products I have ever used. I only used 1/4 of a bar and still get tons of bubbles- I took a 20 minute bath and the most of the bubbles were still intact. I wonder if the people who did not get good bubbles got duds or didn't use it right. I just crumbled it as small as I can under the facet and swished with my hands. It also smells really good too- a sweet candy scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kimko

This is my first Lush bubble bar and I'm torn about it. I enjoy the smell, smells like rockstar only sweeter. I also smell baby powder mixed in. This scent does not create a lot of bubbles and the bubbles do not stay long. I can't smell the scent while taking a bath or when I get out. The only time I can smell it is when I'm actually sniffing the bar itself. I do enjoy that this bubble bar moisturizes me while I'm in the tub, no dry skin here! This bubble bar can be quite messy if you're breaking it for uses. I probably wouldn't get this particular bubble bar again but I'd love to try a different one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by RangerEmmie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all of the LUSH bubble bars, but this one is a personal favorite scent. Not only it is adorably girly and pink, it also smells like a sugary and fruity piece of strawberry taffy!

You can't go wrong with LUSH's eco friendly packaging, although i've heard complaints against it, I find it easy to take a small bowl from the kitchen and keep the bubble bar in it. No waste, no mess!

Another complaint i've heard of LUSH bubble bars is that they don't last long enough for the price of the product. To get the ultimate amount of use out of a lush bubble bar, I have two tips that I always use. The first idea is to cut the bubble bar into pieces, using a piece per bath. This produces plently of bubbles and saves the other pieces for later baths. A sixth of a bubble bar will produce plenty of bubbles for one bath if you hold the piece under the running water rolling it gently between your hands until it melts completely. Another tip for making a bubble bar last longer (won't work if you care about keeping it pretty!). Run the bubble bar quickly under warm water in the sink, when fully wet, grab a bowl or tupperwear style container and break or crumble the whole bubble bar, using a coffee scoop, your hands or a spoon, use a small scoop of this mixture under your bath water for tons of bubbles. This will make your bubble bar last FOREVER!

I love these, and this scent it just great! The cost is perfectly fair if you learn ways to make this stuff last AND when you get out of the bath your skin will be silky smooth and smell like heaven!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jrc82

If you love to take bubble baths, then this product is definitely worth trying. I have a jacuzzi tub with a jets, and when I turned them on for a few seconds with this stuff it was INSANE. I honestly could have flooded out my bathroom with just bubbles if I kept it going. If you don't have jets, it makes a decent amount of bubbles as well. However, if you don't use it correctly it's not gonna make much. I cut the bar in half, and with my first use I crumbled it and kind of just threw it in the tub under the running water. This was not the right way to do it, and it showed because there were hardly any bubbles at all (luckily the jets took care of that, but not everyone has jets in their tubs). This time, however, I held the remaining half in my hand under the running water and and firmly massaged it so that it would slowly deteriorate and make bubbles and that worked MUCH better. It takes a little time but it's worth it.
The smell of this particular bar is sweet, but just enough. I didn't find to overpowering at all. I wouldn't say it's like candy really...it's hard to describe. It was nice though.
My only complaints would probably be the price (mine was almost $7) and you get 2 uses. The other...the packaging! I get the whole idea of being "green" and natural, but it's just annoying for storage. It's basically a LUSH paper bag (which they encourage you reuse when you go back).
Again...if you like bubble baths and scents, try these out.
When I bought this a few weeks ago, it was just called "Candy Bar" so maybe they changed the name? Just keep that in mind.