BeneFit Cosmetics Moon Beam

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Sesame Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn Starch, Triethanolamine, Oleth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica.

on 7/6/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hey guys
This product is really cool stuff and I bought after I saw some reviews on you tube. Would I recommned it??? Yes, but I think you can also use Mac Strobe Cream with absolutely the same result. Seriously, the pink undertone is exactly what strobe cream gives so if you posses one, dont spend more money on moon beam

on 5/24/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I already have eclat miracle which I love but I can't mix it with my foundation and apply it to my whole face cause I'll walk out looking like Casper. The white highlighter looks phenomenal to accentuate but I wanted the dewy skin and it doesn't work with my tanned skin all over so I turned to moonbeam which is supposedly the brown girls hg highlighter and after using it moonbeam falls below my expectations way short.. I would have gotten past the ridiculous packaging really a nailpolish bottle really?! I'm not a benefit fan nor do I ever use their products but moonbeam isn't likely to make me recommend the brand. The consistency is like a runny goo-if that makes any sense? Then the actual product itself is yellow with purple shimmer and a pain in the ass to blend. This does make a difference on my golden/ tan skin but very faint. I am a shade 08 in tient miracle which is pretty damn tan and this is no way the brown girls hg highlighter I put it on and it literally disappears into my face, this would be more the fairer brown girls highlighter with alot of yellow going on under their complexions viet/chinese asian not indian portuguese asian. Idiot that I am I threw away the box and now I'm stuck trying to make it usable mixed in with my foundation but i will continue to use eclat miracle to accentuate eyes, nose, cupids bow etc. overall wouldnt buy again.

absolutely gorgeous highlighter, I'm shocked to see such bad reviews! On my NC25 skin, it's subtle, natural, glowly and just beautiful! I actually prefer this to high beam and even my Nars Albatross because it's not so obviously shimmery or "heavy" looking. I put this on my cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose (looks amazing there) and my face just looks radiant, yet naturally so. It doesn't look fake. I love the pearly irredescent quality and it doesn't break me out. this is not for people wanting a "highlighted" look...its for girls wanting a natural pretty, pearly glow. I don't see any obvious shimmer particles when i apply this onto my skin. Packaging is cute but I would've been fine with a pump bottle. Also a bit expensive but I've found nothing else like this and after I finish this bottle which I recieved in a swap, I will repurchase
Oh! and if anyone knows of a cheaper dupe, please please please message me...I'd love to try it!

on 3/7/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

A lot of makeup artists use this product so I thought...why not give it a try?! I like the color and sheen of it, but do not like the consistency at all and my skin did not like it either. I only used this to highlight around my eye area and upper cheek bone area. At the end of the day, I noticed that I developed an itchy zit on each cheek bone. I washed my face right away when I got home and the next morning the itchiness and zits were gone! So yes...I would not repurchase this product but hey! different strokes for different folks! So it might work for you =)

on 2/25/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like others I find this product a bit runny. However, I mix a few drops with my foundation when I'm extra tired, a bit on my temple, a bit on the corners of my eyes and a bit on the arch of my brows.

I gives me a subtle glow and a well rested glow.

Personnaly, I find High been quite tacky. But then again, my skin is already pinkish.

on 2/21/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I prefer the high beam than the moon beam. I think high beam is much much better. The benefit consultant told me that moon beam is better suited for my skin (NC40). To be honest moon beam didn't really make a difference on my skin. I regret buying this product, I don't like it. =/

I am willing to do a swap with this item. I have a full bottle left as I've been using high beam rather moon beam.
Contact me!

on 2/19/2011 6:11:00 AM

This is a wonder product in my opinion. I was neither blessed with defined cheekbones nor with beautifully arched brows so the first time I applied this it subtly made my complexion look brighter in all the correct places.

I start with smearing a little on my hand and then I use the Benefit foundation brush to apply it to my cheekbones in a patting motion as it sinks in too much if one rubs it in. Finally I apply Moon beam to make my brows appear more arched with the tip of the brush as I need to be more precise.

The only con with Moon Beam is that if you over apply, you can see where the product ends and it looks a bit more pink in colour. My friend made a comment about it the other day and it was true,it looked as if I'd used pink shimmery glitter instead and it is not attractive. Nowadays I use Topshop's skin glow in 'Dark'. The funny thing is that it's very dark, but, on my nc25 skin it still looks great. I have a great glow!!

on 2/12/2011 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Moon Beam is just okay--especially compared to High Beam. I have very neutral-colored skin, and for that reason, I feel that it did nothing but blend in. I can't attest to its ability with cool-toned skin, but I imagine it would work much better in that case. I do, however, like using this for a natural look during the day. I won't buy it again though; $24 is a lot for an "eh" product. Another thing is that It can be hard to blend (High Beam as well). I won't notice it on my face until I get really close up to the mirror and see all of these water stain looking lines. Make sure you blend it out really well!

on 1/19/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a more subtle highlighter compared to high beam. I also have high beam, but you can definetly tell that I have it on even if i'm not in the sunlight and it looks very fake (if you know what I mean). Moon beam is more suited for my neutral undertone. When my face hits the light or I take a picture it makes me look like I have a natural radience to my skin.

on 1/9/2011 10:00:00 PM

I really like this. It applys well and the packaging is interesting. The full size is kind of pricy. I have found less expensive products that work just as well. I prefer High Beam, so for that reason only I will not purchase again.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products