October 22, 2014 | 2045 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Volumizing Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by livliv

This mascara is unlike any other around. It gives you mile high lashes without any clump or flakes. The trick is to curl the lashes with the amazing kevyn aucoin lash curler then put the mascara on and wait a few seconds and curl once more. You will be ama

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 3:17:00 PM More reviews by livliv

This product is AMAZING. I have never tried anything like it. My lashes went sky high with just one coat. It grabs onto lashes you didn't even know you had and curls them at the same time. I reccomend calling Natalie at the Beverly Hills Neiman Marcus. 310-550-5900

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 9:46:00 PM More reviews by zenny

What an awesome mascara!! this mascara not only gave my lashes volume but also made them super long, the staying power is incredible I put it on this AM and is right now 9pm and it still looks as good as it did when i put it on. Worth the price IMH.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hmmmm, what a disappointment. I love the late Kevyn Aucoin and I love most of his products. However, this mascara is pretty bad. The packaging is beautiful. It feels heavy, beautiful red casing with a metallic edge and the brush is a slim wand which gets right onto every lash. But the formula dried stiff and heavy. Rather than volumising it dries clumpy and loads onto lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Flospy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I may know why this product got so many great reviews, but has not worked well for some users. I bought both this formula and the curling mascara when they first came out. I was loath to pay the shipping for replacements, so on a trip to NYC last weekend, I eagerly went into Henri Bendel's and bought two new tubes in Black. This is a completely different product from the first time I used this mascara. At first, this was the best stuff by far that I had ever used. I don't know if they changed the formula (what else could have happened - tubes too old?), but it's now the WORST mascara ever. It flakes, clumps, and drops off onto your face all day long. I can't say how disappointed I am, and I plan to return the tubes and get a refund, but will now have to pay for return shipping on my own dime. Very disappointing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 4:20:00 PM More reviews by casia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara ever, for me. I was all hopped up to get it after reading many rave reviews in magazines...HOW could anyone have been using the same item I did?? Where do I begin with the horror story? It clumped, flaked off EVERYWHERE. Every time I would blink, it was like black snow flurries everywhere. The brush/wand was no good. To top it off, my usually not sensitive eyes itched and burned so much that someone at work asked why I was crying! It went in the garbage the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I really like the skinny wand because it could reach the base of all of my lashes. The formula is interesting- kind of souffle-like- and stayed on very well and did not clump AT ALL. Finish is feathery soft and washes off in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This volumizing mascara comes with a small, thin wand, to get to every last lash. I found it really thickened my lashes, not clumpy at all. If there was a retailer near me I would definitly reorder this mascara, but ordering from the U.S.,( duties and exchange rate), since I am from Canada, it is a little too pricey for me to reorder this on its own.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2002 3:02:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Please stay far away from this mascara! At first I thought that it was great, but after wearing it for a few days I noticed black flakes on my face. They were my eyelashes! They were actually falling out from the mascara! How scary! That has never happened to me before.