September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by jadukdik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG makeup remover/cleanser in one step! love love loveeee this product so much. it's mild but removes everything. i used a toner afterward and there's barely any impurities left behind. will recommend this to everyone. the price is reasonable as well.

also, my face seems a little brightened and fresh after cleansing my face with this cleanser. honestly, i think u can never go wrong with japanese products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cleansing oil that easily removes pore clogs, dry skin and asian sunscreens (be sure to massage for at least a minute).

TEXTURE: lighter, thinner and slightly runnier than Kose Softymo Deep and Whitening CO's, Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil, DHC, and Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Premium A/O

EFFICACY: removes all makeup and sunscreen; found that if I didn't take the time to massage for a full minute, I'd still have sunscreen residue (can smell residue reacting with my toner and skin would feel tight if I didn't remove all the sunscreen); does not dry out the skin like DHC or Shu cleansing oils

NOTE: this contains no preservatives and I've read that some people had issues with the product going rancid before they finished using the product... one way to counter this would be to purchase the smaller 60 ml bottles/pumps

CONCLUSION: out of the cleansing oils I've used, I prefer this or the Kose Softymo ones; both are effective, but Kose is cheaper while Fancl's deep cleans a bit better if you take the time to massage thoroughly...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by vintagepeople

I was debating between this, MAC and DHC as my first cleansing oil, so I ordered the travel size online in case I didn't like it, and because of the expiration dates. Anyway, I really like this! I wear Japanese mascara that takes forever to come off and it comes off very easily with this. My skin doesn't feel stripped after I've rinsed but I don't feel any residue either...I do double up with a foam cleanser, though. Ever since I started this routine my skin has become much less oily and the blackheads on and around my nose have dissipated a lot, which was a side effect I wasn't expecting at all. Overall I was pleasantly surprised and will probably grab the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is a comparison between fancl and Shu Uemula. Since I moved to Hong Kong from the UK almost a year ago, I changed my entired skin care routine due to necessity as well curiosity. This includes starting to use Shu's cleansing oil. I had no end of blocked pores since then. (I hardly ever get a spot while I was in the UK) I blamed everything from cream to serum and to the environment. But stupidly, I didn't suspect Shu because I thought if it's so well regarded it can't be bad. Even though I know mineral oil is famous for blocking pores and I don't normally go anywhere near products containing mineral oil. But I made an exception for Shu, making myself believe that it won't be absorbed. But I was wrong! I finally started to suspect Shu and started to use Fancl about two weeks ago. And since that day I haven't had a sinle blocked pore!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by adeline_xin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil for a while now. I love the pretty limited edition packaging they come up with for the bottles every now and then.

I've only used 2 cleansing oils before, this and the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I far prefer the Fancl. It removes any stubborn waterproof mascara (Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus) effortlessly so I don't need a separate eye makeup remover! Huge plus right there. Removes sunscreen & makeup well, no unpleasant scent, texture is just right, and the pump works well to dispense the right amount. I usually use 2 full pumps for my entire face.

Emulsifies and rinses off easily, though I do follow up with a separate cleanser just in case. The shelf life is 120 days once opened. I usually finish a bottle in ~2 months with daily usage.

Great product and my ultimate favourite cleansing oil/makeup remover! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe I've found my HG cleansing product in Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil. I've used Shu for about 5 years with reasonable success.

Compared to Shu, Fancl:
1) removes make up more effectively - I'm talking super-waterproof mascara (eg. Majorlica). This leaves zilch residue and doesn't require any forceful motion to get my make up off. With Shu, I always found a little residue of eye makeup even after multiple cleansing.
2) is easier to wash off as its less oily
3) is much more affordable

I've used numerous other cleansers - from oils (Biotherm, Shu), to creams, to gels (Kiehl's). None of which can match this product! This doesn't dry my skin out or clog my pores. Also, this is extremely gentle and I don't experience any stinging in my eyes like I do with the other cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by innerchild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

[Update 2/20/2011: Yep, still using this and still remains as my total HG cleanser. I've tried 6 other cleansing oils and Fancl wins them all in my opinion! The other 6 were: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Sana Nameraka Cleansing Oil, Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, Shiseido d Program Cleansing Oil, Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil, and MAC Cleanse Off Oil.]

I usually order this from the US Fancl website, which ships from California. This cleanser has no preservatives so the shelf-life is shorter than conventional cleansers, so keep in mind when shopping from other places like Imomoko or eBay. This is the reason I prefer purchasing directly from Fancl.

The website has a point system in which you acquire points for the amount of money you spend. You can use these points for discounts on future purchases. I haven't tried redeeming my points yet but I think they're valid for one year. It's a neat program, and they have good customer service in my experience.

This cleansing oil has a thinner consistency than that of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which I've used for 2.5 yrs straight cos I had no other options for a makeup remover. Then I began looking for other options. I've yet to try Shu Uemura cleansing oils, another popular brand of cleansing oils, but this, here, cleansing oil makes my skin so happy. It's not drying compared to DHC, nor does it leave a weird residue like Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. It's thicker than Sana Nameraka Honpo, which makes it easier to work with. It effectively removes -all- waterproof makeup and sunscreen, and leaves you with clean, soft skin. It also feels calming on the skin since it contains anti-inflammatory ingredients. There's no need for me to say more, it's been reviewed a thousand times all over forums, the internet, and Japanese magazines. I just love it. It has become HG for me.

As for the expiration date: Since this product doesn't contain preservatives, you have to finish it up in 4 months or the solution'll become cloudy and smell sour and won't cleanse as well (as I heard). It's easy to finish a bottle within the fresh period if you use it everyday. It could be a hassle to stockup, however, especially if you're not anywhere near someplace that carries Fancl. I don't consider this a problem for myself, cos if a product works wonderfully and the cost is reasonable, it's definitely worth the trouble.

I'm reviewing the 2009 formula. Sorry, I tossed the box and paperslips that came with it. I got this from Phoebe's Ingredients List, so I can't be sure of its accuracy.

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polygltceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopheryl, Stearoyl Inulin

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by linnyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Texture: It's a little thicker than what I expected it to be. After rubbing it onto the face, it doesn't feel a thing and it does make me wonder if it is actually dissolving my makeup.
After cleansing: My face feels softer after using this product, but I'm not too bothered about how it feels because I make it a point to do double cleansing (which is highly recommended)
Ability: I haven't tried removing my eye makeup with it, but I would definitely prefer to use a specific remover meant for eye makeup.
Expiry: FANCL products are known for their "freshness" and like their other products, this has an expiry date. 120 days but I'm sure if you use it everyday, it'll be finished before the expiry date reaches. That said, I like this concept although you'd be spending a bomb if you're a huge fan of FANCL.
Packaging: It's pretty solid.. but I'm guessing plastic is generally solid?(bimbo moment) I dropped it from a higher ground a few times and it's still intact with no cracks/dents or anything like that. When getting the product out, it comes out slowly so you have control over the amount you want. It comes out slowly probably because of the thickness of it, which isn't a bad thing as it saves you wastage. Comes with the little stopper if I remember correctly. I like stoppers! Very convenient if you need to carry it out.

This is the second oil cleanser that I've tried since a lot of reviews said that this product is comparable to Mac's and is THE cheaper alternative. So naturally I bought this product since I could pay lesser bucks, but I'm halfway through this bottle and I'm sad to say that my face condition worsened and I do wonder if it's because my makeup isn't thoroughly removed as nothing in my face or makeup regime is different from before. So I'm going back to Mac's as it did a terrific job in thoroughly removing my makeup despite being a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a change from my DHC cleanser, so I ordered this. I can't write enough positives about this cleanser. It is fragrance free and is a very light oil. It rinses clean with no traces of sunscreen behind ( my reason for using cleansing oils ). It left my skin feeling super soft to the touch. The DHC does has a slight musky smell ( nothing offensive ) and is a heavier oil, so there is some oil residue left behind. Economically, DHC is a better buy for me, but won't subtract that from Fancl's rating. If possible, I would have given this a 10 rating. I might buy this on occasion, but may have to stick with the DHC for the most part. I highly recommend A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Xee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product!

I have tried many different kind of makeup remover and found cleansing oil is most effective in removing waterproof makeups.
Among all the cleaning oil (e.g. Shu umera, Watson's, DHC), Fancl is the best.

It feels oily when apply to skin, but once you massage to your face, you can feel the makeup is melting away. As soon you wash it with water, you skin would feel soft and refreshed, not greasy at all!

A small quarter pump size is enough for your entire face.

Packaging is sweet, the pump neck comes with a stopper, you can take it to vacation and not to worry about spill out in your luggage.