Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.4

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate,Polyglyceryl-10 diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Eicosadioate, Phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/, behenyl dimer dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dextrin palmitate, caprylyl caprylate/caprate.

on 4/23/2011 7:40:00 AM

I like this a lot. This product cleanses makeup effectively and still leaves the skin smooth, without an oily feel. I tried a few days of using this alone and not follow-up with a second wash and skin was good with that. I have used Shu Uemura cleansing oil, and L'Occitane Almond cleansing oil. In terms of cleansing power, the Fancl one outperforms the three. It removed and rinsed very clean. Shu Uemura on the other hand still leaves an oily film which needs to be washed off. L'Occitane is more "watery" and doesn't clean as well as Fancl.

One thing is despite the mildness, try not to get the product in your eyes. I always end up doing that and I swear i could hear "squeaky" sounds everytime i blinked after using this product. That stopped after i tried to be more careful.

on 4/15/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like that this cleanser is preservative-free. It's also the first cleansing oil I've tried. I was paranoid about using cleansing oils before this as my skin's the oily type, but this doesn't break me out at all. It's really mild and yet heavy-duty at removing makeup, including mascara (I use quite a few brands including deja vu, dior and loreal). I only took 1 lippie off as it doesn't control the oilies that I have.. and I've found a cleanser that does-- Ettusais Medicated Acne Gentle Make Off. If you have non-acne skin, this one is perfect.

on 4/8/2011 12:23:00 AM

I have been using this product for a year. In all,

Pros:
- Price is reasonable
- Love the packaging [frequent Limited Edition bottle designs]
- Need not worry about dispensing too much of the product as 2 pumps as indicated are sufficient for me to fully remove my makeup [However, I use a separate makeup remover for my eye and lashes]
- No breakouts experienced since the first time I use it
- Easy to use [massage product directly onto face with hands for 10 secs and wash it off with warm water]
- Thoroughly removes all makeup in 1 wash [Liquid Foundation, lipstick, lipgloss etc]

on 3/27/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

when i was in japan, i didnt have mu remover with me so i bought a mini bottle of this at a nearby convenience store and found my HG! it has never broken me out (and i am super acne prone), removes all of my mu, isnt scented, and rinses clean without drying out my skin. the consistency is perfect- not too thin or thick, and its super gentle even on my bad skin days. everything abt this product is just perfect, even the packaging of the mini bottle is awesome,it has never leaked and the full size comes with a pump. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/13/2011 3:47:00 AM

HG makeup remover/cleanser in one step! love love loveeee this product so much. it's mild but removes everything. i used a toner afterward and there's barely any impurities left behind. will recommend this to everyone. the price is reasonable as well.

also, my face seems a little brightened and fresh after cleansing my face with this cleanser. honestly, i think u can never go wrong with japanese products :)

on 3/9/2011 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great cleansing oil that easily removes pore clogs, dry skin and asian sunscreens (be sure to massage for at least a minute).

TEXTURE: lighter, thinner and slightly runnier than Kose Softymo Deep and Whitening CO's, Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil, DHC, and Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Premium A/O

EFFICACY: removes all makeup and sunscreen; found that if I didn't take the time to massage for a full minute, I'd still have sunscreen residue (can smell residue reacting with my toner and skin would feel tight if I didn't remove all the sunscreen); does not dry out the skin like DHC or Shu cleansing oils

NOTE: this contains no preservatives and I've read that some people had issues with the product going rancid before they finished using the product... one way to counter this would be to purchase the smaller 60 ml bottles/pumps

CONCLUSION: out of the cleansing oils I've used, I prefer this or the Kose Softymo ones; both are effective, but Kose is cheaper while Fancl's deep cleans a bit better if you take the time to massage thoroughly...

I was debating between this, MAC and DHC as my first cleansing oil, so I ordered the travel size online in case I didn't like it, and because of the expiration dates. Anyway, I really like this! I wear Japanese mascara that takes forever to come off and it comes off very easily with this. My skin doesn't feel stripped after I've rinsed but I don't feel any residue either...I do double up with a foam cleanser, though. Ever since I started this routine my skin has become much less oily and the blackheads on and around my nose have dissipated a lot, which was a side effect I wasn't expecting at all. Overall I was pleasantly surprised and will probably grab the full size.

on 2/26/2011 7:20:00 PM

This review is a comparison between fancl and Shu Uemula. Since I moved to Hong Kong from the UK almost a year ago, I changed my entired skin care routine due to necessity as well curiosity. This includes starting to use Shu's cleansing oil. I had no end of blocked pores since then. (I hardly ever get a spot while I was in the UK) I blamed everything from cream to serum and to the environment. But stupidly, I didn't suspect Shu because I thought if it's so well regarded it can't be bad. Even though I know mineral oil is famous for blocking pores and I don't normally go anywhere near products containing mineral oil. But I made an exception for Shu, making myself believe that it won't be absorbed. But I was wrong! I finally started to suspect Shu and started to use Fancl about two weeks ago. And since that day I haven't had a sinle blocked pore!

on 1/28/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil for a while now. I love the pretty limited edition packaging they come up with for the bottles every now and then.

I've only used 2 cleansing oils before, this and the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I far prefer the Fancl. It removes any stubborn waterproof mascara (Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus) effortlessly so I don't need a separate eye makeup remover! Huge plus right there. Removes sunscreen & makeup well, no unpleasant scent, texture is just right, and the pump works well to dispense the right amount. I usually use 2 full pumps for my entire face.

Emulsifies and rinses off easily, though I do follow up with a separate cleanser just in case. The shelf life is 120 days once opened. I usually finish a bottle in ~2 months with daily usage.

Great product and my ultimate favourite cleansing oil/makeup remover! Will repurchase.

on 1/4/2011 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I believe I've found my HG cleansing product in Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil. I've used Shu for about 5 years with reasonable success.

Compared to Shu, Fancl:
1) removes make up more effectively - I'm talking super-waterproof mascara (eg. Majorlica). This leaves zilch residue and doesn't require any forceful motion to get my make up off. With Shu, I always found a little residue of eye makeup even after multiple cleansing.
2) is easier to wash off as its less oily
3) is much more affordable

I've used numerous other cleansers - from oils (Biotherm, Shu), to creams, to gels (Kiehl's). None of which can match this product! This doesn't dry my skin out or clog my pores. Also, this is extremely gentle and I don't experience any stinging in my eyes like I do with the other cleansers.