Aquanil cleanser

4.3

Water Purified, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Xanthan Gum

on 12/15/2004 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this after reading the reviews on here...very happy I did. I bought mine from Walmart's Pharmacy for $8 for 16oz. I was so skeptic b/c I'm very acne prone and had trouble w/Cetaphil breaking me out before. This stuff literally SAVED my skin this winter. With all the BP products and masks I use, I needed a gentle cleanser like this. It also takes off all my war-paint at night when I use it w/a washcloth. I wish that it took my eye m/u off better though. Oh well, I still love it. If I rememeber correctly, this also rinses alot cleaner than Cetaphil ever did. Let the raves continue =)

on 7/12/2004 11:28:00 AM

Aquanil is a very gentle, fairly effective nonfoaming cleanser with simple ingredients. It's better than Cetaphil because it rinses clean; Cetaphil leaves residue that clogs my pores and dries my skin. I rate Aquanil only a 4 because I don't like the thin consistency (which makes it not as cheap as it seems), it doesn't remove my minimal makeup well, and it is a bit too strong in winter when I'm dry yet not effective enough to remove dirt and oil the rest of the year. Still, it's a good choice for dry or sensitive skin. For reference, I have acne-prone, sensitive skin that's dry in winter and normal in summer. I couldn't find it in local stores so ordered from drugstore.com (where you can check the ingredients).

on 6/27/2004 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG cleanser - it is very similar to Cetaphil, but rinses cleaner , and I find it removes light makeup pretty well too. (For days when I wear foundation all over and/or waterproof sunscreen I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil first.) Aquanil makes a great accompaniment to the MD Forte Cleanser (glycolic acid) that I'm using now. Very nice basic product that is fragrance and color-free.
Love it!

I absolutely love this cleanser! It is non irrating, soap and frangrance free, and cleans well. I like it much more than Cetaphil. This is not a makeup remover though. By the way, most pharmacies carry it (OTC).
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Xanthan Gum.

on 2/22/2004 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the absolute best gentle cleanser. It is much better than cetaphil. MUCH BETTER. It is so smooth and gentle and moisturizing and non-pore clogging. Luxurious to use. I even use it as a shampoo because I've developed a lot of allergies. I buy it at www.dermstore.com. I don't know why it isn't sold in every drug store and doctors office. I pray it's never discontinued.

EDIT: This really has become the best cleanser for me. I developed problems with my eyes and this is the only cleanser that really helps

on 1/9/2004 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I used to use cetaphil until I got rosacea and then it burned whenever I used it. So I tried Aquanil. Same texture and even more gentle since it contains sodium laureth sulfate instead of cetaphil's sodium lauryl sulfate. Few ingred so great for my sensitive skin. Kinda hard to find but I order from drugstore.com. Try it if you can't use cetaphil--it may be a winner for you too!

on 12/11/2003 6:28:00 PM

I use this as an alternative to Cetaphil. When my skin gets to used to Aquanil, I switch back to Cetaphil....I like Aquanil better though. ; )

on 12/19/2002 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've always been wary of trying Cetaphil, since I have combo skin. A coworker recommended this, as it was recommended by her dermatologist - and a lovely swapper sent a big bottle to me. It's around the same cost as Cetaphil, and probably has the same texture - thin, watery opaque white liquid-gel. I love that it has very few ingredients, so it's great for my sensitive skin. This has actually helped reduce the size of my blackheads, and I haven't broken out at all with this cleanser - and it's especially good for dry skin that comes around only in winter. It's my new holy grail. Downside: I've only been able to find it on the Web, not in stores. Too bad! UPDATE: Over two years later, this is still my standby cleanser. It's never broken me out, but I worry sometimes it doesn't remove my sunscreen, so I alternate with another cleanser (Avene Cleanence Soapless Cleansing Gel).