October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a product I use regularly and always repurchase when I'm out, but at the same time I'm not super impressed with these. My nose is covered with blackheads...Luckily my pores aren't large so they aren't super noticeable, but no matter what I do I cannot get rid of these blackheads. I use these strips once a week after a hot shower to help open up the pores and exfoliating. Getting the strip on is a piece of cake, and it isn't uncomfortable to use, even as it dries and tightens up. I peel the strip off about 10 minutes later, which again, is not painful...Kinda feels like pulling off a Band-Aid. My problem is that sometimes these strips just don't work for some reason. Sometimes they'll pull a ton of gunk off, sometimes I only see one or two little spots that it pulled out. Like I said, I use these the same way every time, and I know the blackheads are definitely there. Maybe they're just too deep and don't want to come out? I don't know, really. And even though these do temporarily help with blackheads, I find they're back just a few days later. When I started using these, I was expecting a more permanent fix. I'll keep buying these and using them weekly because I feel like they work better than anything else, but I just didn't get the awesome results I was hoping for from these.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These do work, but they're not anything miraculous... First, use a scrub made for blackheads or a deep cleansing scrub, then use a clay mask then use these strips... A lot of blackheads came out but you have to do it SLOWLY, it may hurt but no pain no gain... If you have stubborn blackheads, you may have to keep doing it once a week to get rid of them, but it's good not amazing...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lbackstrom

Great overall, if I get my nose wet enough they're perfect. Helps to use a Clarisonic on my nose first to loosen up.
Also, the baking soda/water solution beforehand works pretty well to loosen everything - I just wipe that on and leave it for a few minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried multiple times following all instructions, never worked! Maybe removed a little bit of dead skin but not blackheads. I got results with the extra strength formula though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by SophieLoves

These do work but you cant expect them to get everything out. They work best when you come straight out of the shower because the steam opens up your pores, however if you don't want to have a shower but you still want to use them you can fill a large bowl with steaming water and put your face over it with a towel over the back of your head, do this for about 5 minutes, then you can apply the pore strip and it will work a lot better. Also make sure you wet your nose a lot before you put it on or it will not work. When you take them off make sure to remove them slowly. Over all i really like them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I tried these when they first came out (I believe I was in high school at the time), and they did nothing. I figured I was doing it wrong. Years (and years) later, I have lately been struggling with very congested pores. No scrub, no mask, no motorized brush seemed to be working. I wasn't even aware that they made these anymore, until I stumbled across them at the small Walgreens in my town while looking for some solution to the problem. I remembered my lack of results 10+ years ago, but still figured it was just operator-error. It's not - they still do nothing. I followed the very simple instructions exactly, tore it off, and Viola', nothing. Nothing but maybe a few dead skin cells. Very unimpressive. So I looked into it on a few different derm's webpages, and they too, say that these strips cannot actually remove blackheads, even if they temporarily give the appearance of such. In my case, it didn't even give the appearance of removing anything. Complete waste of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

I actually like this product, I have the regular ones by the way, not the deep cleansing. I have used these since high school and I recently bought another pack. They`re not cheap, but I use a strip about every month and a half, so it's really not a lot of money. I tried other peel off mask type pore cleansers but they are awful. These do work, they don't make your blackheads and pores disappear, but they do de-clog and that's worth it to me. It is a bit painful to remove though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

My daughter and I have used these for years and they are very effective at pulling out the blackheads and gunk from the pores. I've tried other brands but they don't do as good of a job as Biore strips. I try to buy these when I have a percentage off shopping spree at CVS or a coupon because they are a little pricy. However, they are fabulous and pulling out the "trees" of crap from the pores. We love looking at them when we're done and the stuff looks like little pine trees on the strip. Brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

These are AMAZING! The pictures are pretty disgusting but thats exactly what you will get if you do it right, cuz these things work! Next time im going to do it right after the shower to pull everythinggg out >.< lol .. yeah pretty nasty but it works great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These work really well for getting rid of blackheads temporarily. What I do when I use them is I wet a washcloth with warm water and hold it over my nose for a bit to open up the pores and then I apply the strips, it helps get more blackheads off. As much as I like these I don't by them very often because I think they're a bit too pricy for such a small amount of product.