July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so here's the deal folks.. this isn't a miracle worker for wrinkles, bags or dark circles (it does do something for the latter, I'll get to my observations later on in the review), it is however, very good for hydrating dry, one might say dehydrated eye areas, not flaky-dry, but dehydrated. It just makes the area looser, adds comfort to an area that just felt parched prior to my use of this cream. I have used it for about 5-6 months, and am towards the end of the smaller pot of this cream, and I have to say, the area around my eye has changed for the better. It is not as parched, it is still dry, but doesn't desperately drink up the cream anymore... which is a good thing in my opinion. The cream still works, but takes a longer time to do its thing, again a good thing in my opinion.
I use this in the morning along with the Sensai Silk Brightening Cream layered on top of a lightly applied Johnson's Face Cream, and before I go to bed along with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I have heard people say that this is too heavy for them in the morning, and this may be because their eye area is perhaps better hydrated than mine, but I find that this is a necessary addition to my concealer application. Not only does it make application easy (I use Givenchy's ML in # 3), making the area more pliable and leaving a flawless finished result for the rest of the day that won't flake or dry up weirdly, the green tinge in it, I have noticed, NEUTRALIZES DARK CIRCLES. It makes covering up dark circles so much easier, and it is for this reason that I will always repurchase and use this product. I am going to move on to other creams that do a little more than this little beast does, but for sure, I will definitely be layering this cream together with whatever I decide to use as well. Further, if those don't work out, this cream will now always be a part of my skincare 'kit'.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im onto my third jar of this & obviously im a fan. The consistency is thick yet it is not greasy when applied. It works great on my skin as I am usually very sensitive around my eyes, however this does not irritate me in the slightest. My eyes look alot brighter & more supple due to this baby doing its job. My only critique is the jar, not very hygienic in my eyes >.< & a battle to reach the end part of the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by izapeepop

I usually LOVE kheils products and I really wanted this cream to be my eyecream because it seems good but every time I use it I get acne around my eyes and white spots on my eyes..I think it is just a bit to heavy and clogs pores or something. Usually their creams work well for me I use the d'elegence moisturizer and the line reducing concentrate. I have combination skin and quite dry skin but prone to breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Scotiabelle

Over 40 dehydrated dry lines use this. I've used sheshido, dr Brandt, skII , actually all of them. Only this and bobbi brown extra rich keep my eyes hydrated ..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ronrt86

I had a reaccuring dry flaky spot under one eye and this got rid of it in 2 applications, so I was very excited. Initially. Turns out I traded a dry spot on one eye, for horrible milia/red bumps under BOTH eyes. Keep in mind, I'm extremely sensitive and cannot use any eye creams because I always have this same reaction. This review is only to say that this eye cream is no different from others to me. If you have issues with milia, or breaking out with eye creams, do NOT think this one will be any different. I put it on for the first time Monday morning and had my first bump by wednesday night. Thursday night, both eyes were surrounded. Not for people sensitive to eye creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by beauty888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have purchased this in the US. So it was relatively priced. The cream is a thick creamy texture and it was still the same texture in winter. It is a good eye moisturiser. It is not a wrinkle cream just a moisturiser for dry skin. I have used this in winter and summer time and I dont have any complains about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

this feels no different from applying my daily / nightly moisturizer under my eyes. as far as i can tell, there are no special properties (such as anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, depuffing) to set this apart from a normal moisturizer. the consistency is thick but goes on easily and doesn't cause milia. my biggest gripe is that it some times seems to cause my eyes to feel tired / dry about 10 minutes after application. i only apply this right before bed so it's not a massive inconvenience, but i do wonder if it could be slightly harmful to my eyes. overall, meh product. i got a sample packet which has lasted me about a month (you only need the smallest amount each use) but will not be purchasing the full size when i'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

Very very moisturizing eye cream. I was experiencing extreme dryness around my eyes this winter and this saved me. I tried layering eye creams and oils at night and tried eye serums along with eye creams. While it didn't increase the number of fine lines that I was developing, the dryness didn't go away. But this product saved the dryness in my eye area. I noticed a lot of reviews that this product is hard to blend in, and I agree. But this product doesn't need to be blended, and I don't think it is formulated for blending. I dot on quite a lot of the product around my eye areas, leave it on for like 10 seconds and then lightly tab in into the skin. Within 5 seconds of tabbing, the thick creamy formula changes the texture into something watery that keeps the eye area very hydrated. It leaves a thing layer of the product, but it is not irritating or oily. II sometimes put some oil on top at night. In morning time, it helps the eye make up goes smoother as well. Yet, I wouldn't give a full five star, cuz it didn't improve the amount of fine lines I see on my eyes. It is still there, but less noticeable due to the hydration it provides though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 3

Price: 2 ($35/0.5 oz)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to bring down the ratings guys, but hear me out. I am new to Kiehl's, but I am so far in love with the brand. I got a sample of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to try out when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion (love this! Buy it!) and I thought it would be a great replacement for my beloved Clinique All About Eyes Rich, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Packaging:

Packaging isn't a huge factor for me, so I don't care that it's in a plain looking white tub; very standard looking. All eye creams are packaged this way.

Performance:

Ok, so here's where this cream baffles me. I LOVE the texture; it's smooth, creamy, but spreads easily, so it's quick to apply. Upon first contact, the cream feels very rich and it absorbs quick, maybe about 3 mins and then eye makeup application can commence. I initially found that it hydrated my under eye area decently (much like Clinique All About Eyes Rich), but when I got to about halfway through my day (I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital) I noticed my under eye area starts to feel dry. At the end of my shift when I get home, my eyes definitely look dry.

I normally have oily skin, and the under eye area is probably the ONE dry area I have, so I need to have a cream that hydrates. I tried to play around with it, like applying more, but I always found that the moisture didn't last.

So, all that said and done, I love Kiehl's, but I just didn't love this eye cream, so I'm going to have to take a pass.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover917

Well I'm a little bummed out MUA. I got this based on the good reviews here! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

It didn't blend in properly. It was just so thick that it wouldn't spread. It also didn't hydrate much and it somehow caused a zit under my eye. That's a first. This is not a repurchase for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No