November 28, 2014 | 1024 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Another blah eye cream. I was going to give this one lippie, but then I read other reviews and I changed my mind. This eye cream is very thick, and when I try to apply it, it feels kind of rubbery, it's very hard to spread evenly. Once it's on, it takes a while to dry, depending on how much you use it's easy to end up with a white cast on your skin. It's terrible for morning use because it just won't dry! So try it at night, when it doesn't matter how long it takes.

I expected this to help with my fine lines (from smiling), and it didn't. Then again, the product doesn't claim to help with that (so I added one lippie, because of my high expectations).

It also doesn't help with puffiness. Again, depending on how much you apply, it can even CAUSE puffiness. This happens with most eye creams, but as this one is so difficult to spread, I usually apply too much.

I can't perceive any scent, the color is a light milky green, the pot is annoying (when will companies learn that it's just so much better to put eye treatments in containers with pumps or tubes??).

Finally, it does feel very moisturizing. It's a heavenly feeling, like you're really taking care of your skin. I'm not sure if it's just a feeling or if it's actually working, because I've noticed more fine lines (though they could be from being ill, lack of sleep, bad eating habits... can't really blame this product). So I'm on the fence, and give it 3 stars. I probably won't repurchase. If anything, I want an eye treatment that I can use at night and under makeup too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Pi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye cream is good for young adults that want to decrease chances of wrinkles and lines under the eyes. I started using eye cream 2 years ago when I was 22, I had some very fine lines under my eyes and as an inexperienced eye cream owner I started with Clinique all about eyes seriers, which didnt do shit. When it ran out of it I switched to Khiels avocado cream, and I can tell that the intense moisture has decreased my fine lines very well. Some users complain about it for not being an anti-aging cream, well it doesn't claim to be an anti-aging or a wrinkle product, but I hope that everybody knows that as long as you provide with moisture, you prevent wrinkles.
I use this in the morning.

Pros according to me:
+Intense moisture, works well if you dont have too much wrinkles to begin with
+Fine line and wrinkle preventing because of the mouisture
+A great "first" eye cream

Cons according to me:
-The packaging is bad, I hate dipping my fingers so sometimes I use a spatula. But this doesnt work if youre in a hurry
-Can look "glossy" under the eyes if not massaged properly
-Quite expensive, but hey its Khiels

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by fellycia

This eye cream is just not for me. As soon as I started putting this eye cream on as my night-routine, it started to give me that milea under my eyes. I was hoping that this could be my go-to eye cream, but maybe my skin was just to acne prone that this didn't work out very well. Still on a search for the perfect eye cream out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

I do not like this cream at all.
While it is very moisturising (I have dry skin around my eyes) it makes my eyes look puffy, it stings, it gives me a fatty look under my eyes and it leaves a veil on my eyes. It has Shea butter so I can just use that alone. Cheaper and natural.
Not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been the only eye cream I have used for a few months now. I use it night and day. It provides great moisture to my eye area and I love the feeling of how it kind of disappears as you pat it on your skin. I would buy this again, but not for awhile. I prefer to have a moisturizing eye cream that ALSO treats my eye area. This product is great for moisture, but if you want some kind of plumper or wrinkle treatment -- keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike some reviewers here...no matter how long I tap this onto my skin or no matter how little product I use, the cream doesn't dry matte on my skin. I don't think it absorbs as well into my skin. In fact, if I accidentally use too much the cream turns my under eyes green...which is quite unattractive. This cream can only be used during the night.
However, it doesn't really help with the crease under my eyes. So it's not a cream for people who wants treatment for their wrinkles.

The one redeeming part about this cream is that it is quite moisturizing. I didn't really appreciate it when I lived in a humid area but once I moved to a desert-y area I found that this does significantly moisturize any dryness I may have under the eyes.

However, I will most likely will not repurchase...I want to find something that can moisturize and treat wrinkles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I have tried this eye cream off and on for the past few years and I can conclude that this eye cream is not good for me. In the past, I had dryness around the eyes, but it has normalized now. The skin around my eyes is sensitive, and my pores clog easily. This eye cream is very moisturizing - more so than what I need because I developed a few milia just under my eyes after using this for a short period. I think that if you're looking for a moisturizing eye cream and you have dry skin, this may work for you. You need the tiniest amount of this so the jar will last you a while. However, if your skin is like mine then I would suggest you try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by andies6

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum to post a review however, not new to reading reviews. I am on a mission to help with the eye creams. Hopefully for some at least! I cannot go a day without eye cream and if I don't moisturize or use the wrong kind, I wake up with deep set lines and dryness so bad that if I try to apply concealer I feel like I am creating more of them.

I am a Clinique girl using 'All About Eyes Rich' Eye Cream. This resolves many of my issues. But we all are familiar with the steep price. I keep buying it because sometimes it's easier to buy the product we know works than buy two or more of a cheap one that is mediocre and just ends up the same price. At the end of the day, it is our eyes we are talking about. The most delicate of skin.

I am currently in the process of testing the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado ($35). I will return to write a review after also testing Kiehl's 'Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream' with Abyssine ($44).

The reason for all this is because I have been looking for an alternative similar to the Clinique product. An eye cream that lasts longer and the quantity actually matches the price aka cheaper. But texture and behaviour of the alternative product is going to be very important.

I liked the rich consistency of All About Eyes (as opposed to the gel) and was recommended the 'Rosa Arctica Eye' with Resurrection Flower ($48?!?) as well. So I will be testing this as the third eye cream from Kiehl's. Upon placing it on my fingers it truly was a close match. Nonetheless these last two Kiehl eye creams are just tester's to compare to the Avocado one. The prices for those are higher than the Clinique product I know works so it's definitely not going to move the shopping bone.

It is day 1 of the Eye Cream with Avocado and it does not feel as greasy after applying to the the eyes as it did when I first placed it on my fingers in the store. I will keep everyone posted in about 2-3 weeks time. Additionally to note, I had to apply way less than when I use Clinique's rich eye cream. This is good news!

To be continued..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am back. Today July 21, 2013

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is the only eye cream for Kiehl's even somewhat acceptable. Their niche is definitely NOT in the eye cream area.

The Abyssine was okay but too watery and the Rosa Arctica Eye was the worst of them all! Left a terrible white residue and did not even moisturize.

So out of the three for Kiehl's the Avocado one was able to hold the most moisture. Super important for over night.

BUT, after testing Kiehl's for about 3 weeks I have to say none of them were as good as my baby 'All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream.' Works like a charm - my eyes are hydrated, just the right amount of awake look without puffy. So good for me. And my wrinkles always shrink with it. No eye cream is magic but it should def highlight you at your best!

Kiehl's eye cream - no. It just doesn't last as long as the whole point is moisture. Don't get me wrong, moisture happens.. it does feel soft on the eyes and sets in nicely BUT this isn't working like an eye cream. It's not greasy for an eye cream but it's greasy to be an primer for concealer.. and it's not supposed to be a primer to begin with!!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This eye cream was just ok for me. I was expecting more for the price point, but really it just served to moisturize. There are no anti-aging effects that I noticed. One thing I really hate about this product is the packaging. I rarely say that about a product, but this product is simply not conducive to movement because of the packaging. All of the product gets stuck on the cap and then migrated the the screw-on part, which is really a waste of an expensive product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This pale green cream spreads easily and is hydrating. It doesn't have any effect on wrinkles. I've used it as a daytime face cream on my dry and sensitive skin. It's packaged in a jar. Tube packaging would be so much more sanitary, as well as keeping antioxidants stable.